MAGAs Trying to Storm the Capitol

Brad_ATX

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Part of me wants this to be true. Hell yeah! Get 'em!

But then part of me is, like, how TF are they just now taking this seriously??

The "deep state" tends to be more about reaction than preemption, I'm afraid. 

See 9/11. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The "deep state" tends to be more about reaction than preemption, I'm afraid. 

See 9/11. 

Fair enough. 

It's actually deeply ingrained in every level of our national psyche, now that I think about it. Don't live a healthy lifestyle. Just take meds after your <blank> stops working right. 

Well, the FBI hasn't been blind to the threat.  This is from testimony given to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence,February 06, 2002

Domestic Terrorism

Domestic right-wing terrorist groups often adhere to the principles of racial supremacy and embrace antigovernment, antiregulatory beliefs. Generally, extremist right-wing groups engage in activity that is protected by constitutional guarantees of free speech and assembly. Law enforcement becomes involved when the volatile talk of these groups transgresses into unlawful action.

On the national level, formal right-wing hate groups, such as the National Alliance, the World Church of the Creator (WCOTC) and the Aryan Nations, represent a continuing terrorist threat. Although efforts have been made by some extremist groups to reduce openly racist rhetoric in order to appeal to a broader segment of the population and to focus increased attention on antigovernment sentiment, racism-based hatred remains an integral component of these groups’ core orientations.

Right-wing groups continue to represent a serious terrorist threat. Two of the seven planned acts of terrorism prevented in 1999 were potentially large-scale, high-casualty attacks being planned by organized right-wing extremist groups.

For some reason, this reminded me of GoAU.

Secret Service officer under scrutiny over comments on Facebook accusing lawmakers of ‘treason’

By Carol D. Leonnig

The Secret Service indicated Monday that it was investigating an officer who posted comments on Facebook in which she accused lawmakers who formalized Biden’s win of treason and echoed Trump’s conspiracy theories about the rigging of the election.

According to screenshots provided to The Washington Post, the officer posted a meme on Facebook of Trump shaking hands with himself in the Oval Office, titled “Here’s to the Peaceful Transition of Power.” The day after the attack on the Capitol, a comment posted in the officer’s name ridiculed efforts to remove Trump from office and accused lawmakers who were formally accepting the electoral vote of “committing treason on live tv.”

It read in part: “Good morning patriots! Yesterday started out beautiful and as usual Antifa soured the mood and attacked police and an Air Force veteran was murdered…. It’s OFFENSE time finally!!”

In response to a request for comment about the officer’s posts, an agency spokeswoman said: “The U.S. Secret Service carries out its law enforcement mission in an objective and apolitical manner. Any allegation that an employee is not carrying out their duties in that manner will be investigated. As this is a personnel matter, the agency will not be commenting.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/11/trump-impeachment-biden-transition-live-updates/#link-MI5UQ5SEWVCHFLGSGYUKPHYARU

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

For some reason, this reminded me of GoAU.  Must be that oath thing.

Secret Service officer under scrutiny over comments on Facebook accusing lawmakers of ‘treason’

By Carol D. Leonnig

The Secret Service indicated Monday that it was investigating an officer who posted comments on Facebook in which she accused lawmakers who formalized Biden’s win of treason and echoed Trump’s conspiracy theories about the rigging of the election.

According to screenshots provided to The Washington Post, the officer posted a meme on Facebook of Trump shaking hands with himself in the Oval Office, titled “Here’s to the Peaceful Transition of Power.” The day after the attack on the Capitol, a comment posted in the officer’s name ridiculed efforts to remove Trump from office and accused lawmakers who were formally accepting the electoral vote of “committing treason on live tv.”

It read in part: “Good morning patriots! Yesterday started out beautiful and as usual Antifa soured the mood and attacked police and an Air Force veteran was murdered…. It’s OFFENSE time finally!!”

In response to a request for comment about the officer’s posts, an agency spokeswoman said: “The U.S. Secret Service carries out its law enforcement mission in an objective and apolitical manner. Any allegation that an employee is not carrying out their duties in that manner will be investigated. As this is a personnel matter, the agency will not be commenting.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/11/trump-impeachment-biden-transition-live-updates/#link-MI5UQ5SEWVCHFLGSGYUKPHYARU

That honestly feels like some kind of setup. It's truly difficult to imagine any Secret Service officer doing that, on FB of all places. But we live in the upside down world now so 

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

qitrwxg38jy51.jpg

I mean, honestly.  The group that's been all "F*** your feelings" and calling people liberal snowflakes and such have been a case study in projection.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That honestly feels like some kind of setup. It's truly difficult to imagine any Secret Service officer doing that, on FB of all places. But we live in the upside down world now so 

I want you to be right.  Like you, I find it difficult to imagine that someone could be an effective Secret Service officer, and be that disconnected from reality.

I listen to this Podcast on my commute. It's Paul Reickhoff who is the founder of IAVA. He is talking to Malcom Nance who is true bada$$ and retired Navy Senior Chief. He is a deep expert in counterinsurgency. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIr8X-_eT2U&list=PLnVtw6Nf2Ak3q8n0XzIYv8UT0dHpm0Z2o&index=10

1 hour ago, AUUSN said:

I listen to this Podcast on my commute. It's Paul Reickhoff who is the founder of IAVA. He is talking to Malcom Nance who is true bada$$ and retired Navy Senior Chief. He is a deep expert in counterinsurgency. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIr8X-_eT2U&list=PLnVtw6Nf2Ak3q8n0XzIYv8UT0dHpm0Z2o&index=10

Nance is active on Twitter and a good follow. 

On 1/10/2021 at 1:01 PM, I_M4_AU said:

The point was not to get into anything just pointing out that if you believe in Zinn’s viewpoint of history you can’t discount any other viewpoint of history.  The statement should not be any deeper then that.

You utterly misunderstand Zinn and his "A People's History of the United States."  I suggest you would be well served by reading the book. 

On 1/12/2021 at 7:50 AM, McLoofus said:

When people are seduced by a cult and become members of a cult, they act with the mind of the cult. Secret Service agents (and apparently both retired and active duty military and guardsmen, including graduates of service academies) are not immune. And yeah, I absolutely consider the Trump/QAnon people to be in a cult.

On 1/12/2021 at 1:36 PM, AUUSN said:

Thanks. Never would have seen this without your link here. This is scary and sobering. 

https://www.al.com/news/2021/01/how-an-alabama-man-went-from-obama-supporter-to-dying-in-the-capitol-insurrection.html

I haven’t read this whole thread so I apologize it this has already been posted. It’s an interesting read. 

Not sure if thread is best, but most of them are full of batshit crazy and so is this one, so hey, all you batshit crazy trumpers, you need to read this:

American Thinker and contributors Andrea Widburg, R.D. Wedge, Brian Tomlinson, and Peggy Ryan have published pieces on www.AmericanThinker.com that falsely accuse US Dominion Inc., Dominion Voting Systems, Inc., and Dominion Voting Systems Corporation (collectively “Dominion”) of conspiring to steal the November 2020 election from Donald Trump. These pieces rely on discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories about Dominion’s supposed ties to Venezuela, fraud on Dominion’s machines that resulted in massive vote switching or weighted votes, and other claims falsely stating that there is credible evidence that Dominion acted fraudulently.

These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact. Industry experts and public officials alike have confirmed that Dominion conducted itself appropriately and that there is simply no evidence to support these claims.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/statement.html

It's all lies, fam. These are going to keep coming in hot. Get your damned minds right. Jesus, the damage you've caused by propping these lying bastards up. 

In a video and a written statement, Matt Couch — who currently has almost half a million Twitter followers and was retweeted several times by President Trump before Twitter permanently suspended the @realdonaldtrump account — said his “reports” about Aaron Rich “were largely driven by information given to us by a single source who we now believe provided us with false information and who as of this date has retracted his statements.” (Couch has said in a court filing that “all information” he published about Aaron Rich and WikiLeaks came from Ed Butowsky.) Couch said he apologized to Aaron and the Rich family, adding that all references to Aaron “have been removed from our websites and social media platforms to the best of our abilities.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/seth-rich-wikileaks-conspiracy-theories-fox-news-1114700/

Archived