Smoke Monday to stay for SR Season

RunInRed

I swear some of our own fans hate the players so much it blows my mind they still follow sports.

If you're seriously feeling pressed because a kid who was on the fence made an announcement, to let fans know, you've got problems.

Wild there's anything other than celebration in this thread.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I swear some of our own fans hate the players so much it blows my mind they still follow sports.

If you're seriously feeling pressed because a kid who was on the fence made an announcement, to let fans know, you've got problems.

Wild there's anything other than celebration in this thread.

Agreed. He's going to be THE leader on defense next year. So what, he had a little fun with it? Satire is lost on some these days.

2 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Agreed. He's going to be THE leader on defense next year. So what, he had a little fun with it? Satire is lost on some these days.

Bro I like attention too who cares. I feel good when I get a lot of likes are positive replies. We all like positive affirmation. He's an early 20s/late teen young man who will be playing a game for a living.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Bro I like attention too who cares. I feel good when I get a lot of likes are positive replies. We all like positive affirmation. He's an early 20s/late teen young man who will be playing a game for a living.

I agree with you. I think you agree with me?  We on the same page? I think so

Nervous Laugh GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 minute ago, api1957 said:

I agree with you. I think you agree with me?  We on the same page? I think so

Nervous Laugh GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

Haha yeah man same page 

I am very happy to have Smoke back. I loved how he did it, with all the concerns with a coaching change everybody is trying to figure out who is going to NFL or Transfer Portal of if a Senior if we take the extra year because of Covid-19. The only thing I didn't like was the good news at the end instead of the front. I have to admit I thought it was a goodbye letter. As a few have already said he smoked us. 

LOL  😄

I love Smoke's letter. Again, we do not know the depth of all these kids have gone through and I am proud of his decision. He tried to make a non-emotional decision for him. Proud of him!

3 hours ago, chizhead said:

Why even make an announcement?....Make one if you're leaving....look at me, look at me

Lol. Always can count on you

I like smoke. He gambles too much but you can't be mad at a playmaker constantly trying to make plays. And he's messed up some but he also have made some huge plays

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I like smoke. He gambles too much but you can't be mad at a playmaker constantly trying to make plays. And he's messed up some but he also have made some huge plays

Yep. I wish he’d gamble a little less, just be sound and call the signals back there but I like his style

I am very grateful to hear this.  I appreciate his efforts, he has tremendous upside.  Smoke is one of those guys that I feel will benefit greatly from having a tougher environment where players are held accountable for the time they spend learning the game, learning their opponent.  Things Harsin preaches.  

This is a very good decision by him, as I don’t know how much money he was going to make as a professional with the state of his game at the moment.  Smoke is a tremendous run-stopper but hasn’t learned that “safe” in safety means not letting receivers run by you.  There is no one there to help!  

Great keep by Harsin!  War Damn, Smoke!

Feels like this announcement shows promise and how much Smoke (and maybe more defensive players) is putting his faith in Coach Harsin to take him to the next level. I think his announcement is a very good thing for potential defensive recruits to trust Coach Harsin and his plan.

Smoke might have the coolest IG handle that has ever been created in relation to his name. Smoke Monday and on Instagram is before_tuesday. Hope he has an amazing year coming up and gets paid back going to the NFL. 

Archived