Coach Flo Fired

AU9377

On 3/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, AUJarhead said:

I thought I was reading a Scarbinsky article with all those single-sentence paragraphs.

6 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Remind me what happened to Fortner - did she just resign/retire? I thought she was a good coach and seemed like she was still fairly young to be retiring. 

@Sani-Freeze The team basically flamed out her last 3 seasons at AU & she resigned. I didn't realize she was here 8 years before I looked it up.

Fortner resigned.  She knew the SECNetwork job was likely and she took a year off in between.  The difference between her tenure and Terri Williams-Flournoy is night and day.  Nell won the SEC and at one point had the team ranked #2 for the majority of the season. She built that team on players from Alabama, Georgia and Florida and she always beat bama.

She is doing really well now at Georgia Tech.  She took over a messy situation 2 years ago and now has them tournament bound.

11 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Remind me what happened to Fortner

Whit Boddie and Dewanna Bonner graduated and her teams went downhill from there. It wasn't a disaster, but Fortner just decided to get out of coaching for a while and she resigned.

Archived