The Bible and Abortion

TexasTiger

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Justice for rejecting God is not the same as murdering a helpless innocent baby in the womb.  As far as Christians attempting to save souls, it does occur probably more than you know. However for many decades now, liberals and Democrats have systematically outlawed God, Jesus, and Christians evangelizing from all public places, events, meetings, schools, and yes, even the public sidewalk outside an abortion clinic or planned parenthood abortion center.  Maybe that’s what you miss. Don’t accuse Christians of failing to save souls when you and your liberal cohorts have made it illegal in so many places.

Your delusions run deep in many areas.

• Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Your delusions run deep in many areas.

Good post. Very effective communication. I make a few clearly true statements and you say I’m delusional. Well done. And you are a moderator? How did you get that gig with such coherent skills?

6 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Justice for rejecting God is not the same as murdering a helpless innocent baby in the womb.  As far as Christians attempting to save souls, it does occur probably more than you know. However for many decades now, liberals and Democrats have systematically outlawed God, Jesus, and Christians evangelizing from all public places, events, meetings, schools, and yes, even the public sidewalk outside an abortion clinic or planned parenthood abortion center.  Maybe that’s what you miss. Don’t accuse Christians of failing to save souls when you and your liberal cohorts have made it illegal in so many places.

That’s just the Christian persecution complex talking. Nobody has outlawed evangelizing. Christians are just mad that public schools can’t have mandatory prayer sessions, teachers can’t deliver Biblical sermons during class, and government buildings can’t display Religious idols or displays. 

Its not an attack on Christians, it’s a healthy respect for separation of Church and state. You can go out into public spaces and preach or evangelize all you want...nothing illegal about it. Just don’t use a position of power or influence to force it on people.

And yes, I’m some cases it may be illegal for you to stand right by the doors of an abortion center and scream and spit at all the women telling them they are murderers and are going to hell , which is what a lot of ‘Christians’ like to do outside abortion centers.  Even if you can’t srand right by the door and harass women in the name of God you can usually stand on the street corner by the center and do it just as well..you just might have to bring a bull horn. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That’s just the Christian persecution complex talking. Nobody has outlawed evangelizing. Christians are just mad that public schools can’t have mandatory prayer sessions, teachers can’t deliver Biblical sermons during class, and government buildings can’t display Religious idols or displays. 

Its not an attack on Christians, it’s a healthy respect for separation of Church and state. You can go out into public spaces and preach or evangelize all you want...nothing illegal about it. Just don’t use a position of power or influence to force it on people.

And yes, I’m some cases it may be illegal for you to stand right by the doors of an abortion center and scream and spit at all the women telling them they are murderers and are going to hell , which is what a lot of ‘Christians’ like to do outside abortion centers.  Even if you can’t srand right by the door and harass women in the name of God you can usually stand on the street corner by the center and do it just as well..you just might have to bring a bull horn. 

Nobody talking just stating facts.  Screaming and spitting?  And no you can’t go out anywhere you want.  It is way more than a healthy respect for separation of church and state. It is weaponizing the misconstruction that you can’t mention God anywhere in a public place. Not the same. Look I understand your heart is hardened to God and Christians.  That is very common these days.  

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Nobody talking just stating facts.  Screaming and spitting?  And no you can’t go out anywhere you want.  It is way more than a healthy respect for separation of church and state. It is weaponizing the misconstruction that you can’t mention God anywhere in a public place. Not the same. Look I understand your heart is hardened to God and Christians.  That is very common these days.  

I don’t understand what you’re saying now. No, you can’t literally go ‘anywhere’ to evangelize because private property laws and the such..but you will not be arrested or harassed by the government for going out in a public place and evangelizing. 

You can say private prayers in public schools. Nowhere is that outlawed or forbidden. It IS against the law for a school to use its power to hold religious functions and public prayers. As it should be. 

I don’t get where you are coming up with Christianity and evangelizing being outlawed. That’s not the case. It IS the case that Christians are more limited now than they used to be in the past in using the resources of the government to promote Christianity. 

45 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Good post. Very effective communication. I make a few clearly true statements and you say I’m delusional. Well done. And you are a moderator? How did you get that gig with such coherent skills?

There was no concrete content to your post to respond to. 

22 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

But folks here are claiming God was obviously consistently pro-life in the Bible. That’s not true. This is one such glaring example. Saying God doesn’t need to justify his killing doesn’t change the facts of the story. 

Good job Tex.

Have had my thoughts about this in the past and several directions to go with it. Never tied it to a Biblical stance on abortion.

good thread

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 7:48 AM, TexasTiger said:

It wasn’t a pro-life method, though— was it? And it was a broad, sweeping judgment to show one stubborn person God’s power, right? It was random, arbitrary violence against innocents— isn’t that how many tend to frame the abortion issue? In fact, isn’t that one of the stronger arguments?

Are you saying that because God kills people that it is okay for you to kill people? I still don't understand the whole point of the thread.

• Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Are you saying that because God kills people that it is okay for you to kill people? I still don't understand the whole point of the thread.

I don’t understand how anyone can reasonably reach that conclusion.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2021 at 2:19 PM, TexasTiger said:

I don’t understand how anyone can reasonably reach that conclusion.

You seemed to be making the point that God is not pro-life. I agree with you that God's main goal is not being pro-life. I was trying to figure out why you were relating God's not being pro-life to abortion. Based on your answer I assume I was incorrect. Would you care to explain how you are relating the two?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

You seemed to be making the point that God is not pro-life. I agree with you that God's main goal is not being pro-life. I was trying to figure out why you were relating God's not being pro-life to abortion. Based on your answer I assume I was incorrect. Would you care to explain how you are relating the two?

I think I’ve my point in this thread should be clear, so I’m not sure what else to say.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tomcat said:

Not my business. I won’t impose myself into another person’s life. Perhaps you should not either.

Who are you talking to and what are you referencing?

I used to be a Republican and was against abortion. Now I'm just politically homeless and try to judge every topic on its own merit. This study changed my mind on the topic of abortion:

https://bfi.uchicago.edu/wp-content/uploads/BFI_WP_201975.pdf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

I used to be a Republican and was against abortion. Now I'm just politically homeless and try to judge every topic on its own merit. This study changed my mind on the topic of abortion:

So the crime rate decrease is due to the dead baby future criminals not being able to commit crimes because they are dead. Well that’s one way to look at it.  Minority report here we come.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

The approach is wrong.

Yes abortion inevitably drives down crime. You have lot fewer children born into bad situations.

The solution should be to fix those situations, rather than defaulting to "abortion is a necessary evil."

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

The approach is wrong.

Yes abortion inevitably drives down crime. You have lot fewer children born into bad situations.

The solution should be to fix those situations, rather than defaulting to "abortion is a necessary evil."

Under some people’s definition of crime maybe.  But if we counted the abortion as a the capital murder it is, well the crime rate would not decrease so much. Violent crime rates would skyrocket, replacing a modest reduction in non violent crimes of larceny burglary theft etc.  Still pretty sure the future criminal would choose to live if given the choice. 

Very true last statement though Dub. It is evil and not necessary.

• Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Under some people’s definition of crime maybe.  But if we counted the abortion as a the capital murder it is, well the crime rate would not decrease so much. Violent crime rates would skyrocket, replacing a modest reduction in non violent crimes of larceny burglary theft etc.  Still pretty sure the future criminal would choose to live if given the choice. 

"Well, if i pull this completely made up situation out of my ass then...(blah blah blah)" 

Excellent counter argument. 

If we considered it capital murder to step on a bug on the sidewalk then dang, violent crime statistics would literally blow through the roof. 

• Facepalm 2

44 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

"Well, if i pull this completely made up situation out of my ass then...(blah blah blah)" 

Excellent counter argument. 

If we considered it capital murder to step on a bug on the sidewalk then dang, violent crime statistics would literally blow through the roof. 

Not surprised you compared murdering a human baby with stepping on a bug.  You need a vacation.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Not surprised you compared murdering a human baby with stepping on a bug.  You need a vacation.

I did no such thing. I'm simply agreeing with you that if we make up imaginary situations that don't exist then the violent crime rate in the country could be considered a lot higher. 

On 6/16/2021 at 10:08 PM, SaturdayGT said:

I think "thou shall not kill"  covers any questions regarding abortion...

But I am pretty certain that you will look the other way when it comes to capitol punishment or war...

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I did no such thing. I'm simply agreeing with you that if we make up imaginary situations that don't exist then the violent crime rate in the country could be considered a lot higher. 

Get one of your grandkids to help you read your post. Nothing I said is an imaginary situation.  Abortion is cold blooded murder of a viable human baby.  It occurs millions of times per year.  

• Dislike 1

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

The approach is wrong.

I agree, which is why I'd advocate for the sentiment of "safe, legal, but also rare." Meaning that women can safely access it if they need to, but that it isn't the go-to whenever a pregnancy arises.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

So the crime rate decrease is due to the dead baby future criminals not being able to commit crimes because they are dead. Well that’s one way to look at it.  Minority report here we come.

Skynet certainly saw it as a viable means of dealing with John Connor! Lol

• Like 1