it is time for us to come together

aubiefifty

39 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

There is a base of liberals who are anti vaxx. Why not call them out also. Or the conservatives?

Sounds like some statist bias to choose 2 anti state groups to call out. 

For fu##s sake in my original post I did.  Jesus Christ.

14 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

This is what some of my threads look now that I've discovered the Ignore User feature.  😆

I really wish more people would use it more liberally. And I do mean that figuratively as well as literally.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I really wish more people would use it more liberally. And I do mean that figuratively as well as literally.

I only have one guy on mine. You're right though, I remember you suggested it to me long ago and I made it a competitive thing,I wouldn't give the person the satisfaction. 

I'm getting old, that was a young fool trying to take on everybody, when in fact using this takes care of your peace

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

For fu##s sake in my original post I did.  Jesus Christ.

See this is sort of my point. There's no way everybody will agree. And I could be wrong but the argument probably comes from you having a view in another thread in the past. 

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I only have one guy on mine. You're right though, I remember you suggested it to me long ago and I made it a competitive thing,I wouldn't give the person the satisfaction. 

I'm getting old, that was a young fool trying to take on everybody, when in fact using this takes care of your peace

I still have my brushes from time to time but it really does help me skim through stuff faster and engage with people that I know I'm not going to have a useful interaction with less.

There are a couple mods I wish I could mute but that's not an option unfortunately. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

we have had some tough times over the last few years. i would bet my house not one single person on the board wants auburn to fail. can we not pull together regardless of our differences and rejoice in all the things we love about auburn? there is not one single person on here i hate. not one. i want you all to be safe. i wish happiness on all of you. i wish how ever you view covid i hope you stay healthy as well as your family. too often negative energy is wasted. emotions are high and many of us have lost loved ones which with covid is like death by waterboarding. we have beat the covid thing to death and the mods and admins have allowed this. i just think it is time to bring back the jokes, the laughter, and the fellowship we often enjoy with fellow fans. we have all had our say and no one is going to change too many minds especially with anger. so can we move forward and work on the fun part? i am being just as humble as i can with you guys and i often have too much pride but i am swallowing it because i want to rejoice and celebrate the coming season and what is in store. remember we catch hell from a lot of talking heads and news sources so why do we want to add to it? it is time to take a deep breath and ask ourselves do we really hate so many of our fellow fans? i hope not. i know i am not doing this well and i have opened myself up to ridicule. so be it. this should be a place we rejoice in all things auburn. can we do this?

I will say that this is what freedom is about ! me and you disagree on the vaccine but there’s probably not much else. You have never low shot with childish intelligence cracks ! I say what you said above and let’s rock on 🤘!

Edited by eagle12
  • Like 2

The way I look at it, there is more than enough negative in this world - especially in social media. It is being filtered to be that way. It's intentional. I donated to the site because those who do the work deserve the help, but I won't be coming here often. I will look for my news tidbits and move on. There is too much fighting and negativity for it to be enjoyable. Posters who always fight with others, always make things political, certain ones who can't like anyone who has a different opinion so they go downvote all their posts...so childish. I'm trying to stay positive and, unfortunately, this isnt a place that promotes that for me. Just my choice.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I still have my brushes from time to time but it really does help me skim through stuff faster and engage with people that I know I'm not going to have a useful interaction with less.

There are a couple mods I wish I could mute but that's not an option unfortunately. 

I have never ever used the IGNORE feature because I do want to see if posters do have something I might find interesting to hear. But I do understand the appeal of it. Honestly at this point it’s nice just to over look them and chat with my buds. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

I have never ever used the IGNORE feature because I do want to see if posters do have something I might find interesting to hear. But I do understand the appeal of it. Honestly at this point it’s nice just to over look them and chat with my buds. 

I hear ya. Sometimes there are tough decisions.

I should add that sometimes it's also- at least partially- me removing myself from the equation. As insufferable as I am, it could actually be a lot worse. I'm at least self-aware to know that we *all* benefit from me disengaging from a lot of these conversations before they happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have discovered oh mighty one i have no paddle and i have small hands..............

Well then you don't really need a paddle

we have had some tough times over the last few years. i would bet my house not one single person on the board wants auburn to fail. can we not pull together regardless of our differences and rejoice in all the things we love about auburn? there is not one single person on here i hate. not one. i want you all to be safe. i wish happiness on all of you. i wish how ever you view covid i hope you stay healthy as well as your family. too often negative energy is wasted. emotions are high and many of us have lost loved ones which with covid is like death by waterboarding. we have beat the covid thing to death and the mods and admins have allowed this. i just think it is time to bring back the jokes, the laughter, and the fellowship we often enjoy with fellow fans. we have all had our say and no one is going to change too many minds especially with anger. so can we move forward and work on the fun part? i am being just as humble as i can with you guys and i often have too much pride but i am swallowing it because i want to rejoice and celebrate the coming season and what is in store. remember we catch hell from a lot of talking heads and news sources so why do we want to add to it? it is time to take a deep breath and ask ourselves do we really hate so many of our fellow fans? i hope not. i know i am not doing this well and i have opened myself up to ridicule. so be it. this should be a place we rejoice in all things auburn. can we do this?

Fifty, I will be in solidarity with you. I hope you will have me.

By the way, this is strong. Thanks for doing it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

@aubiefiftyappreciate all you do . I will just say just because someone wears and Auburn jersey doesn’t necessarily mean I have to break bread or be in one accord with them. The truth of the matter, there are bigger things than just football as we have seen within the last year. I enjoy football so I enjoy entertainment but there are simply people I will never come together with let alone share a beer with . And some probably feel the same about me and I am cool with that!

Back in my day (early70s) I experienced Auburn as the coexistence of two cultures, which I will express in terms of movies - "Animal House" (the Greeks) and "The Doors" (so called counter-culture).  I spent my first couple of years in the former and the remainder in the latter.  I realize now this is and over-simplification and there were - and presumably still are - numerous other cultures as well.

Anyway, I largely wasted my time in the Greek culture as there were some irreconcilable differences between my personal philosophy and theirs (as a whole), particularly regarding racism.  But I tried hard (at first) to fit in, until I decided I had enough.

Bottom line, you are correct in that we all love Auburn, and I would submit that love is largely mythical in nature.  But while that is something that ties us together, it doesn't mean we are all compatible as individuals.  I don't think that personal incompatibility necessarily reflects badly on Auburn and certainly not this forum.  

Perhaps you would be happier if the only forum was the football forum and the owners simply did away with the political forum?  That would be a far more practical approach than appealing to "Kumbaya".  I, for one, would spend less time on here, which would probably benefit me. But then, on the other hand, consider how often you see the football forum devolve into ad hominem attack.  ;D

To be honest, I don't really worry about the "Auburn family".  It's probably no more functional or dysfunctional than families in general. 

I am worried more about the future of our country and the human species as a whole - any society that can elect a Donald Trump as their leader is seriously dysfunctional.  So I don't worry about Auburn, or the Auburn family.

Anyway, I do appreciate fiddy's sentiments as well as his post. 

War Eagle!

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You would mute over half of us given the option. 🤣🤣🤣;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Great Post. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47k77bp8br4s3h3l0iw3

• Haha 1

i have been a jerk on here many times. but i have never been too big to apologize and at the end of the day i have never said i hate that s.o.b. i just fear this site might fall apart. i watched vle tank years ago and it was a fun site. then folks turned on each other and when the dust setttle they had about ten members and most of those were admins and mods. and for the record i am not doing this for me. i just love this site and i miss the fun a lot of us have had over the years.

I probably have read most - in not all - of your posts and I don't remember you being a jerk.

But admittedly, my standards may be too forgiving. ;D

I'm 100% on board with Bryan Harsin.  I love the hire and still cannot believe we hired him.  The media has always loved to hate on Auburn and at this point are really reaching to try and find something negative on Harsin.  To hell with the haters.  War Damn Eagle coach Harsin..  GIVE'EM HELL!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I probably have read most - in not all - of your posts and I don't remember you being a jerk.

But admittedly, my standards may be too forgiving. ;D

No there have definitely been times, but I imagine we all have......It's a forum

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

There is a base of liberals who are anti vaxx. Why not call them out also. Or the conservatives?

Sounds like some statist bias to choose 2 anti state groups to call out. 

"Statist" ?  :rolleyes:

Like it or not, societies - or tribes in their most primitive form - are one of the most basic things that make humans humans.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No there have definitely been times, but I imagine we all have......It's a forum

I know I have been......

16 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I'm 100% on board with Bryan Harsin.  I love the hire and still cannot believe we hired him.  The media has always loved to hate on Auburn and at this point are really reaching to try and find something negative on Harsin.  To hell with the haters.  War Damn Eagle coach Harsin..  GIVE'EM HELL!!!!!!!

I like the Harsin hire also.

But the media didn't have to "look" for something negative on him, he handed it to them.