* Official Auburn vs. Akron Game Thread *

abw0004

This is exactly what I wanted to see. Every single person on this team knows their job and isn’t f’ing around when they are on the field. Man I can’t stand Gus Malzahn What a douche!

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look, Akron is not on our level at all.  We're bigger, stronger, faster, or more skilled (or all four) at every position.  So we should be pounding them.  But what I like is that we look dialed in.  Not lazy or lackadaisical.  The offense looks more well-thought out and purposeful.  We're actually using the tight ends.  Bo isn't getting a lot of pressure but when they have, he's keeping his eyes downfield and moving up in the pocket.

Like I say, doing against Akron is one thing.  Doing it vs Penn State in a couple of weeks, or against UGA is another.  But a nice start to things. 

• Like 6

Bet all the transfers and early draftees are watching...a bit unnerved about their decision.  

Just now, kennypowers said:

Bet all the transfers and early draftees are watching...a bit unnerved about their decision.  

Feel like a few like MAR could have stayed and benefited. But a lot needed to go

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

For the 8000th time, it's Akron, but we just seem like a completely different football team

True, it's Akron. But the head coach we had for 8 years would still be trying to figure out who plays where

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

TOUCHDOWN FINLEY! Still perfect 8-8 in scoring drives.

Great that there was no drop off. 

1 minute ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

No wonder MAR bailed with Gus. RB room ain’t empty. 

Pretty sure he didn't get a carry in their opener

Just now, kennypowers said:

Yep. But they're now converting feelings to wisdom because of it.