QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

No it's not lol. It's not edited. I said at least Photoshop it to make it look like he's actually picking his nose. But just continue to fall on the sword lol

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No it's not lol. It's not edited. I said at least Photoshop it to make it look like he's actually picking his nose. But just continue to fall on the sword lol

LOL.  I don't care if he does a one handed nostril blow with slight pick or if he snags a 5 pound booger.  The only thing that makes it funny is the reactions of some of you.  I am certain that Saban, Dye, Bowden and Spurrier have all adjusted their nose from time to time.  The important thing is that he has this team better prepared next week than he and staff did this week.

Just now, AU9377 said:

LOL.  I don't care if he does a one handed nostril blow with slight pick or if he snags a 5 pound booger.  The only thing that makes it funny is the reactions of some of you.  I am certain that Saban, Dye, Bowden and Spurrier have all adjusted their nose from time to time.  The important thing is that he has this team better prepared next week than he and staff did this week.

Lol. You don't have to take it out on me though. I just responded to the post and like I said I didn't imply that the pic was Photoshopped. I just thought that particular still it wasn't close to appearing like a pick. I have no problems laughing at a photo that does. No bias whatsoever

45 minutes ago, metafour said:

How was he no better in efficiency when unlike Nix, he was able to stand through the pressure, scramble UP into pocket, and complete passes that ended up moving the chains? He did that at least 3 times and found open receivers in the middle of the field. He did that on the game winning play.

This is a CLEAR difference from Nix who's natural instinct is STILL to scramble towards the sideline. He runs sideways away from pressure and effectively cuts the field by 2/3rds and then is forced to try to thread sideline passes because there is nowhere else to go with the ball when you run to the sideliners. These are throws that he himself can't complete consistently, but also, our receivers can't consistently catch anyway. So it's a completely futile exercise.

And here's the important thing: Bo Nix's legs were supposed to give him the edge with a bad O-Line, versus Finley who isn't traditionally "mobile". But what you SAW was that the "pocket" passer was actually able to avoid pressure BETTER because he was able to keep his head up and MOVE UP which opens up the pass to receivers over the middle of the field.

That 4th down play was a complete collapse by the O-Line. Does anyone seriously believe that Bo Nix wouldn't have run sideways, and then lobbed the ball out of bounds on that play? 

What I actually stated was:  He was no better than Bo in efficiency ( this is the stat we have been using for months now to show Bo’s need to progress. His was less than 69% for both his years ).

His (TJ) passing efficiency for this game was @<56%. TJ definitely performed better than Bo (this game 48%).  As I stated in my original post, I supported Bo being replaced and also support TJ starting at LSU. I was just making the point that his passing efficiency will need to improve for us to be successful ( IMO needs to be north of 60% for opposition to respect it and not just strictly take away the run plays). Hope that helps clear up what I intended.

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Surprised not to have seen a JaMarcus Russell comparison yet. I'm sure LSU fans floated it around. 

My thoughts exactly.  JaMarcus was a little more mobile, but I really feel like TJ is most like him as compared to other former SEC QBs.

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Surprised not to have seen a JaMarcus Russell comparison yet. I'm sure LSU fans floated it around. 

Since he plays for us I'm going to hope more for a big Ben or Byron leftwhich....actually since this is college cool I'll take a Russell

• Like 1

I am happy that a change was made. I have a feeling that he doesn’t start next week in Redstick. I hope he does but something tells me he won’t. I thought it was interesting how players that had not even been on the field much came alive. Harsin benched Bo, Tank, and majority of the starting wide receivers on the final drive. Strong message and good move coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metafour said:

How was he no better in efficiency when unlike Nix, he was able to stand through the pressure, scramble UP into pocket, and complete passes that ended up moving the chains? He did that at least 3 times and found open receivers in the middle of the field. He did that on the game winning play.

And at the end of it all that, they had identical ypa and comp%.

I believe that's what he's referring to

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He's definitely not as nimble as Nix, but I think his immobility is a but over stated. He's not a statue

100%...he made a key first down with his legs and he moved on the winning score.  Now, if you watch the film of the last play; not sure he should have turned his back to the line and raced straight backwards before turning around...the left edge was being sealed; looks to me like he could have just moved left and not caused me a heart attack.

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The fact he did it and got a touchdown and that td won the game, that can't be less efficient than a guy that was 0-3 on the redzone. Right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

100%...he made a key first down with his legs and he moved on the winning score.  Now, if you watch the film of the last play; not sure he should have turned his back to the line and raced straight backwards before turning around...the left edge was being sealed; looks to me like he could have just moved left and not caused me a heart attack.

Learned running backwards a few steps from Bo!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Taco said:

There’s more to that than just the numbers. GSU out-schemed us, and beat us in the trenches. When Bo missed the passes to take defenders out of the box, it made it that much easier for GSU to the load the boxes. 

No matter how much we want to run the ball in a “smash mouth” in your face type of way, we absolutely cannot achieve this if there’s no respect for our passing game. 

We averaged 4.7 yards per rush.  That puts you in the end zone if you stick with it.  And I do not disagree with your point on them out scheming us...but we kept going back to what we cannot do and making it easy for them.  

Edited by japantiger
clarification
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

We averaged 4.7 yards per rush.  That puts you in the end zone if you stick with it.  And I do not disagree with your point on them out scheming us...but we kept going back to what we cannot do and making it easy for them.  

We didn't give @#$@ about GSU all week.  Reminded me of the Mercer game...OC really wanted to work on certain aspects of the passing game instead of just calling plays we're comfortable with.  Hunter only got 3 touches in the first half.

I need more information before making an access. That long pass across the field sticks out to me. If that happens at LSU it’s a pick 6. If we being honest TJ and Bo we’re doing the same thing until the last play. Both were missing throws

44 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

But this is lowest-common-denominator "analysis". It's literally brainless.

Their base YPA and Comp% may be similar, but situational plays in football are what matter. One guy made plays and completed passes which moved the chains. The other guy didn't. Hence why one guy was able to drive the ball 98 yards and SCORE, and the other guy could only settle for field-goals and punts.

A 5-yard completion on 1st and 10 is NOT worth the same as a 5-yard completion on 3rd and 4, even though under both scenarios the YPA anD Comp% is calculated equally. Does this make sense? To score in football you need to convert 1st downs. How the hell can you argue that Finley wasn't more efficient than Bo Nix was, when he was the one who made plays when they needed to be made? And actually, his misses were closer than Bo Nix's misses were as well.

Even the whole "it was just one drive" thing is lame. On one of his previous drives Tank fumbled the ball away as they were moving to score.

• Thanks 3

Unpopular take incoming:

Big Uno just looks really awkward to me. I’m not a big Bo fan, but I’m just not impressed with Finley. I kinda think we need to start Finley but have Bo warmed up.

Let me put it another way, I don’t really think we can win with Finley, but I guess he might surprise me. Doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/25/2021 at 7:59 PM, WalkingCarpet said:

Lmao if Bo is 6'3" then I'm dating Emily Blunt. 

He does not look it to me.  Also looks to me that he struggles a bit with vision down the field.  Some QBs don't have a height/vision issue, but it looks to me it is a problem for Bo.  Wish him the best. 

6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Unpopular take incoming:

Big Uno just looks really awkward to me. I’m not a big Bo fan, but I’m just not impressed with Finley. I kinda think we need to start Finley but have Bo warmed up.

Let me put it another way, I don’t really think we can win with Finley, but I guess he might surprise me. Doubt it.

Bo started down there in 2019 and handled the pressure.  He wasn't Joe Burrow, but he managed the game well enough that we had a chance to win the game.  TJ did not handle the pressure when he was the LSU QB playing at Auburn.  It is a really tough call.