QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

I think both qbs are redeemable in whatever current state they are exist. In my opinion how one plays is based (not all inclusive) on capability (talent), how well one takes coaching to improve their game, supporting cast, and the system they are in to a lesser degree. At this point I would give TJ a slight edge because of his arm. So the hard decision is on to Harsin to decide each practice, week, or whatever his deciding factor is to choose a qb to lead our team each week. For Finley or Nix it's big boy day everyday to be better than they were the day before. 

21 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I was referring to the fact that TJ was the already the starter and then lost the job and was then beat out by another player and had to transfer.

Wrong.

Their starter was Myles Brennan - and TJ Finley, a TRUE FRESHMAN, only became the starter because Brennan was injured. There was no plan for Finley to ever start last season.

The funny thing is that he actually played well in ~2 of the starts he made, and just so happened to be unfortunate enough to be the guy who had to start against the three best defenses on LSU's schedule: Alabama, Texas A&M, and Auburn. He wasn't ready, their team was not ready and was a complete mess overall, and he looked bad against two elite teams last season. As a True Freshman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Screenshot 2021-09-26 120046.jpg

Seems like our coaches cannot help but to pick their nose on national tv.  LOL

Is this close to being his nose? It's closer to his eye

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Wtf are you talking about? So you don't have anything backing up anything you say? Ok got it. Go cry somewhere please. There's no reason we should interact we are two different people. You're hurt I'm sure you have a poor Bo post coming soon or something to vent.

Fact is you can't handle for anybody to disagree with you. You have your emotional breakdowns all the time

now you are just lying about bo and about being hurt. see? neither of those is true you just pulled that out of your azz. so now we know you are a liar as well as a douche. nice look winky.

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Uhm, maybe get your eyes checked? He's literally pointing to his eye SMH. Unless you think his nostril is placed under his eyeball?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Screenshot_20210926-111334~2.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

now you are just lying about bo and about being hurt. see? neither of those is true you just pulled that out of your azz. so now we know you are a liar as well as a douche. nice look winky.

Lol what? Lol you are so angry....you can't even say why. But I know....omg you were wrong and now you were lashing out. You chose the wrong person though....nobody could care less about what you say than me. You're a soap opera

16 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Pointing at one's eye to tell a player to watch something, and picking your nose are the same these days.  Gus folks are really stretching it to make Harsin look bad  

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol what? Lol you are so angry....you can't even say why. But I know....omg you were wrong and now you were lashing out. You chose the wrong person though....nobody could care less about what you say than me. You're a soap opera

angry? not me. just tired of your bull. but hey keep on lying about stuff and discredit yourself more. i am feeling fine and i have no reason to lie about squat. but keep trying winky. most people do not or will not go toe to toe with you. the reasons you think that is laughable.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

angry? not me. just tired of your bull. but hey keep on lying about stuff and discredit yourself more. i am feeling fine and i have no reason to lie about squat. but keep trying winky. most people do not or will not go toe to toe with you. the reasons you think that is laughable.

😜🤡😂

16 minutes ago, metafour said:

Uhm, maybe get your eyes checked? He's literally pointing to his eye SMH. Unless you think his nostril is placed under his eyeball?

Lol when you are so Gus supportive that this is what you come up with.....that's pretty damn sad lol. I know he could've come up with something else

Edited by cole256

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol when you are so Gus supportive that this is what you come up with.....that's pretty damn sad lol. I know he could've come up with something else

Cole, dude.... I'm just so glad we got rid of that Gus guy.

Was so tired of having nailbiters vs weak OOC opponents. Glad that's a thing of the past now :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Was so tired of having nailbiters vs weak OOC opponents. Glad that's a thing of the past now :lol: 

Lol at least Photoshop his nose to his eye socket or something.

Next he's going to sitting at burger king or something and they say hey look he's at waffle house 😂 

Let the guy have a year at least lol

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I see what you did there 

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Big difference b/w him and TJ is that TJ kept his eyes down field when escaping the pocket.

I noticed this. I personally think he needs some better conditioning but he has a few things that Bo doesn't. Not perfect, but I liked the way he looked down field to find guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

He didn't look frantic at all and he didn't miss any throws badly the one the guy dove for hit his hand, the thing that made that pass difficult was the angle of the pass. If nothing else you have the pass that won the game was the exact same pass that Bo missed twice earlier. But yeah he was no better

I said he was no better in efficiency. Clearly I supported the move to TJ but you only quote pieces to make a point. I should know better than to comment on your posts but I am a slow learner.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I said he was no better in efficiency. Clearly I supported the move to TJ but you only quote pieces to make a point. I should know better than to comment on your posts but I am a slow learner.

Jesus Christ what's with the attitude? Don't talk to me then if you have an attitude and you don't like me. Everybody else having conversations but you're angry about something. 

I understand you supported the move, I quoted the stuff I didn't agree with. If you have a problem with me having a rebuttal then don't post it. You talked efficiency and I'm pointing out how the circumstances were much different between the two. That's all

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I said he was no better in efficiency. 

How was he no better in efficiency when unlike Nix, he was able to stand through the pressure, scramble UP into pocket, and complete passes that ended up moving the chains? He did that at least 3 times and found open receivers in the middle of the field. He did that on the game winning play.

This is a CLEAR difference from Nix who's natural instinct is STILL to scramble towards the sideline. He runs sideways away from pressure and effectively cuts the field by 2/3rds and then is forced to try to thread sideline passes because there is nowhere else to go with the ball when you run to the sideliners. These are throws that he himself can't complete consistently, but also, our receivers can't consistently catch anyway. So it's a completely futile exercise.

And here's the important thing: Bo Nix's legs were supposed to give him the edge with a bad O-Line, versus Finley who isn't traditionally "mobile". But what you SAW was that the "pocket" passer was actually able to avoid pressure BETTER because he was able to keep his head up and MOVE UP which opens up the pass to receivers over the middle of the field.

That 4th down play was a complete collapse by the O-Line. Does anyone seriously believe that Bo Nix wouldn't have run sideways, and then lobbed the ball out of bounds on that play? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, USATiger said:

Pointing at one's eye to tell a player to watch something, and picking your nose are the same these days.  Gus folks are really stretching it to make Harsin look bad  

It was sent to me.  Would u like the clip itself?  He wasnt telling a player anything.  He was picking his nose and blowing his nose.  There isn't anything wrong with it, but it is funny, given the circumstances.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lol at least Photoshop his nose to his eye socket or something.

Next he's going to sitting at burger king or something and they say hey look he's at waffle house 😂 

Let the guy have a year at least lol

The fact that you think that is photoshop is hilarious in and of itself.

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The fact that you think that is photoshop is hilarious in and of itself.

No the fact that you thought I said I thought it is Photoshop is hilarious. The fact that you feel that he's picking his nose is even more hilarious. Read slower

Just now, cole256 said:

No the fact that you thought I said I thought it is Photoshop is hilarious. The fact that you feel that he's picking his nose is even more hilarious. Read slower

That was the implication of your post.  Write more carefully.

• Haha 1