Arkansas Postgame Thread

tbone1430

Road Bo is looking vastly improved this year.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, rophle said:

Seems the 11 am HOME games were  the ones that were problematic, that’s probably just my bad memory though. 

I agree. 11 am road games seem decent. Today and MSU 2016 are two that stand out. Some painful home ones. Vandy 2016 and Tenn 2018. Mostly, it's that we come out asleep vs non conference pay game opponents

Scored 30+ for the first time in sec play and wrs and Bo HOPEFULLY found their stride. Now there’s a clutch bye week to work some stuff out and HOPEFULLY get Owen back. Plus the Ole Siss game is at home. I think we’ll be ready.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Scored 30+ for the first time in sec play and wrs and Bo HOPEFULLY found their stride. Now there’s a clutch bye week to work some stuff out and HOPEFULLY get Owen back. Plus the Ole Siss game is at home. I think we’ll be ready.

Watching ole miss now and expect for LK to call some wild plays. He is doing some ridiculous things now 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Watching ole miss now and expect for LK to call some wild plays. He is doing some ridiculous things now 

Oh most def but we knew that already. But he is known to try to do too much also as you know. Mason better come with it on the game plan.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Oh most def but we knew that already. But he is known to try to do too much also as you know. Mason better come with it on the game plan.

I think Mason will stay composed as he has been doing unlike CLK going for it on 4th down at the most ridiculous times. He just did it again and got bailed out by the refs. Glad we have two weeks to get ready.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus 2.0

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Excellent call on the Bo keeper to seal the win. It was set up perfectly for that and I’m so glad Bobo recognized the situation and took advantage of it. Great win for sure. 

Yeah they ran it a little earlier, but Brahms helped with double team instead of sliding to the unblocked DT.  He made the tackle.  It's those in-game adjustments that are wonderful to see.   All of these guys are learning offense on a completely new level, and they are picking it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
58 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

65% is better than our overall SEC win percentage during the same period.  Also, the weaker teams argument is tired too.

Just last year, we played A&M at 11 am.  Same team that finished #4 in the country.

UGA, ranked #1 this year, played Arkansas (ranked #8 at the time) a few weeks ago at 11 am.

This isn't the JP era anymore y'all.

Last year…aTm was the one playing the weaker team😂

Otherwise I get your point. Thanks for looking it all up. Let’s hope it’s not something we have to worry about ever again 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

You just have to look year by year on the AU site.  Since the start of 2013 at 11 am in the regular season:

13-6 overall

11-6 vs SEC teams

3 of the losses were in 2015.

So yeah, its a really tired narrative with no basis in reality.

I don't think it's just about the W/L it's also about how we looked in those games. You only have to go as far back as the GSU game to see that we just didn't come out playing good football.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Great game in every phase besides third down defense and Run blocking. Good grief that was absolutely atrocious in both aspects.

Arkansas was 4 for 32 on third downs going into this game.

We gave up 10 of 19.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, wcware said:

Did anyone notice Troxell didn’t start. Don’t know if he played but 77 Zeire(sp) was playing on the first possession 

freshman, right?

Just now, AUGoo said:

We gave up 10 of 19.

Hence their success in moving the ball against our defense.

☹️

This was good to hear...

“We physically got whipped on both sides of the football,” Pittman said. “You could see that. … They outplayed us.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

This was good to hear...

I think that Pittman quote was just coach speak. They ran all over us, and prevented us from running.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

I think that Pittman quote was just coach speak. They ran all over us, and prevented us from running.

Agreed . Because anyone that watched the game knows this isn’t true 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Both good stats. Hope we can sustain, and build on those.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
4 hours ago, wcware said:

Did anyone notice Troxell didn’t start. Don’t know if he played but 77 Zeire(sp) was playing on the first possession 

Rumor pregame was his knee was bothering him but apparently he was out warming up with the 2nd team. Not sure if he played or not

52 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

We gave up 10 of 19.

Think it was 4 for 32 on 3rd and longs. They had 39 first downs on OM so I assume there’s more than 4 of the conventional kind somewhere in there 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jAUSon said:

I'm of the belief "they" held out on Nix runs in the first three quarters intentionally so he could catch them off guard late.. Also that CDM really is playing a bend but don't break type deal where they can ramp up the intensity late in the game. Just my opinion- but if it's true, it's impressive. And ballsy.

We won a NC with a bend, don't break defense. I trust Mason more than Roof.

• Like 1