DC

TigerPAC

8 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Not saying Bobo is all-world but he did spot Mason a 25-point lead. 

And has been completely terrible 8 of the last 12 quarters

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Get rid of Mason. He’s not the guy. Go get Muschamp. He’d probably love to be a DC instead of an analyst. 

Muschamp is not coming back here. He has a nice gig at UGA

The defense was fine for the first 20 minutes. Then the tackling went to hell. Why that was, I don't know but Mason can't make tackles for them.

All week the talk was that open field tackling would be the key to the game. We started of with as good open field tackling as anyone can imagine. Then we started missing and not finishing the tackles. Maybe Mason should have held a Come to Jesus meeting at some point, but I don't think the game plan was all that bad. It's the execution that fell apart in the final 2/3 of the game and a lot of that is on the players.

Edited by Mikey
  • Dislike 2

Im skeptical of mason  for one reason.   He inherited the only winning formula at Vandy from james franklin  that i have seen in my lifetime.   How do you pull a 180 and revert back to what has never worked for vandy?    Either you think you can do it better than anyone that has come before you OR  you're an idiot. 

18 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Auburn has talent... Lost some to attrition in the coaching change, but there is no excuse for what has been fielded since the second half. All the good will Mason has built up is gone. You don't run a 3-down prevent defense and let Mike Leach surgically eviscerate you on your home field to the tune of 500 yards.

And CERTAINLY not after running to a 28-3 lead near the end of the half. Officiating was atrocious but they weren't the reason we couldn't tackle... Or cover the middle of the field.

Well said. There have been times this season, Mason’s defense against PSU, Bobo’s offense against A&M, and many other times that I’ve thought, that’s a gut punch, but I guess they need time to on the same page with CBH. After yesterday’s leadership defining meltdown, and with recruiting circling the drain, Mason and/or Bobo have to go. If Harsin waits too long, AU will be in the lowest tier of the conference with a Herculean challenge to get back on track. 

• Like 1

How can you be so stubborn and hard headed as to be in 3 man fronts for the whole game? He more than likely won't be here next season so now recruiting will get shaken up even more than it has. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Plus his son is playing there.

His two exits from Auburn did not endear him to the PTB.  I never thought he was elite head coach material. He should have stayed on the Steele path and stayed DC.  

• Thanks 1

Auburn has always had an aggressive “get after them” defense.  This bend but don’t break crap that Mason is running literally makes me sick to my stomach.  Yesterday they broke they just didn’t break suddenly.  It was like water torture watching it.  Drip, drip, drip all afternoon long.  The few times they got after the QB they got to him.  I would much rather get in man coverage in the secondary and bring the house up front.  They might hit you with a few long ones but I would take that any day over watching them move slowly down the field with dinks and dunks, controlling the ball and running the clock.  The defense was worn completely out yet he never tried anything different.  Rush 3 and let him stand back there picking us apart.  Sickening.  Just plain sickening.  Mason needs to go the day after Bammer gets through ripping us a new one with their passing attack just like MSU did yesterday.  Steele has served his pittance bring him back.  Go offer Muschamp whatever he wants.  Anything but another year of whatever the heck Mason thinks he’s trying to do.  What he is doing is turning Auburn into Vandy!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, AUDevil said:

His whole D is predicated on the other team making a mistake.  Rogers made very few in the 2nd half, and when he did the refs bailed him out 4 or 5 Xs.  Mason has to go…saves important blitzes for too late in the drive/game.

Exactly. 

Bend but don't break simply doesn't work with a QB as accurate as Rogers.  Give him time and he will complete a pass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

How can you be so stubborn and hard headed as to be in 3 man fronts for the whole game? He more than likely won't be here next season so now recruiting will get shaken up even more than it has. 

Seriously. 

You'd think that at some point, he'd realize what he was doing was not working.

After all, it was obvious to everyone else.

• Like 2

I don’t think there is any doubt, unless this team pulls out victories in the last three games, that Harsin will have to make some major changes on his staff. Probably new coordinators and  DB coach if he expects to last beyond the 2nd year of his contract.

1 hour ago, tigerrules said:

His two exits from Auburn did not endear him to the PTB.  I never thought he was elite head coach material. He should have stayed on the Steele path and stayed DC.  

Steel stayed there as that was his best option after Baylor.

22 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Just walked out of the stadium. Mason is an idiot. Rushed 3 the entire game gave their QB 20 minutes to find open guys. Bobo is an idiot. Went away from what worked the entire 1st half & tried to force the run when it wasn’t there. Why did they go away from what was working?? All coaching. 

I wondered that myself

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

I don’t think there is any doubt, unless this team pulls out victories in the last three games, that Harsin will have to make some major changes on his staff. Probably new coordinators and  DB coach if he expects to last beyond the 2nd year of his contract.

Nah no matter what happens from now on which I don't see much good happening. Both of them suckers gotta go. OC and DC.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

It’s not like he’s recruiting anyone anyway.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Nah no matter what happens from now on which I don't see much good happening. Both of them suckers gotta go. OC and DC.

They never should’ve been hired in the first place!

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

You know that you don't have any dominant d linemen and you now you're playing a team that wants to run 200 plays and you don't have depth. Playing 4 dline doesn't put your best 11 out there and it takes away the little depth you do have. 

Why does Mason take all the heat?  Bobo isn't tearing it up either.  6 quarters without a TD (2nd half Ole Miss and aTm).  Teams adjust to Bobo very well at half-time.  MSU shut him down completely in the 2nd half (as did Ole Miss). 

The fact of the matter is if AU woulda had similar offensive production in the 2nd half, they win the game yesterday.  

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

The defense was fine for the first 20 minutes. Then the tackling went to hell. Why that was, I don't know but Mason can't make tackles for them.

All week the talk was that open field tackling would be the key to the game. We started of with as good open field tackling as anyone can imagine. Then we started missing and not finishing the tackles. Maybe Mason should have held a Come to Jesus meeting at some point, but I don't think the game plan was all that bad. It's the execution that fell apart in the final 2/3 of the game and a lot of that is on the players.

I agree. I don't like to say bad stuff about players but what I saw was all on the guys who wear helmets. Poor execution is the only explanation in what I witnessed.

Edited by creed
  • Like 1