Harsin Lost us this Game

AUght2win

7 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Dumb thread. Harsin was the only reason we had a chance. 

Please explain your reasoning for this.  Seriously, as I am a layman. I’m having trouble seeing where Harsin is a positive influence.    I would respectfully like to hear your rationale. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Let’s not forget Tank was five yards in bounds when he was dragged, from behind, all the way out. Not like the kid was trying to go out. He was trying to get the first and Ice the game. I don’t question the call, or the effort. Hindsight is 20/20.

Yep. people need to get off Tanks back about this. He was trying to get the 1st to end the game, and was trying to stay in bounds but the Bama player had enough leverage to throw him out at the end. its a football play. Can't blame Tank for the effort and outcome there.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

He just took the #3 team to 4 OTs. Take your pathetic and never ending Harsin hate somewhere else. 

As long as this standard is good enough, expect more of the same at Auburn.

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

Just when we thought the thread ideas couldn’t get more moronic than the “Fired Gus To Soon” thread we have another contender for an all timer. Glad to see people stepping up their game late in the year here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

TJ made some big throws in OT but Loy needed to be in there after TJ went down.  Couldn’t have been worse

If a healthy Loy is not better than a limping TJ, then why the hell is he occupying a place on the roster for two years?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

How many hours predicted we would even make this game competitive?  I am so sick of all of you arm chair wanna be coaches crying like you could ever do any better.  By all means just shut up 

No.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

All they had to do was take a knee.  Instead they ran a toss out of bounds. All bark no bite coaching. 

That wasn’t even the play.  He bounced outside.   He wasn’t going to get a first down.   It’s called being aware of what’s happening in the game.   Should have gone down.   There shouldn’t be any debate.   The next play was a run that was blown up but it made them use their final timeout 

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

That standard was beaten into us over the past 7 years. Takes awhile to come out on the other side

Just now, MaitlandTiger said:

Please explain your reasoning for this.  Seriously, as I am a layman. I’m having trouble seeing where Harsin is a positive influence.    I would respectfully like to hear your rationale. 

Ever seen a team quit on a coach? Ever seen a fan base quit on a team? 

Did you see either of those things today? 

Question answered.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Well, when CBH was hired how many people said that they just wanted a "tough, physical brand of football" his first year that could take big teams to the wire? I'm obviously one of Harsin's biggest critics on here but if this impresses the recruits, then I can feel hopeful about today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Just when we thought the thread ideas couldn’t get more moronic than the “Fired Gus To Soon” thread we have another contender for an all timer. Glad to see people stepping up their game late in the year here

Seriously no one has even been posting all week at least there is some life.

Edited by O&B

1 minute ago, MaitlandTiger said:

He just wants to play teams close and lead during games at the beginning. 

This win could, and should, have given us an absolute MASSIVE momentum boost from top to bottom. Going into recruiting and spring. We blew it. Period.

• Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

That wasn’t even the play.  He bounced outside.   He wasn’t going to get a first down.   It’s called being aware of what’s happening in the game.   Should have gone down.   There shouldn’t be any debate.   The next play was a run that was blown up but it made them use their final timeout 

It was a killer. Ronnie Brown did the same thing against UGA in 2002. Hard to not fight for those yards in the heat of battle I understand but man….hindsight is 50/50 as Coach Dye would say

Edited by fredst

2 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

If a healthy Loy is not better than a limping TJ, then why the hell is he occupying a place on the roster for two years?

Because Gus signed him up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AUwent said:

Well, when CBH was hired how many people said that they just wanted a "tough, physical brand of football" his first year that could take big teams to the wire? I'm obviously one of Harsin's biggest critics on here but if this impresses the recruits, then I can feel hopeful about today.

I hope it does because Auburn needs all the recruiting help they can get....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, O&B said:

Seriously no one has even been posting all week at least there is some life.

Another way our standards have been lowered I guess, lol

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, fredst said:

Ironically people make fun of Saban for being an angry elf but he doesn’t hold a candle to some of these folks 😂

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

He just wants to play teams close and lead during games at the beginning.

We definitely should fire Harsin since he doesn’t want to win games

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Ever seen a team quit on a coach? Ever seen a fan base quit on a team? 

Did you see either of those things today? 

Question answered.

I agree we didn’t quit.  Effort (today) was unreal.  But I don’t follow that rationale. Anything less than “not quitting” is acceptable? We aren’t scoring in the second half, play calling like intermediate and long passes when we need short yardage for a first down, etc.   I’m just not seeing any reason to overlook the four straight losses and say something overly positive about Harsin. I don’t think our boys went out and played hard for Coach Harsin. I think they went out and played hard because they hate Alabama

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hope it does because Auburn needs all the recruiting help they can get....

My expectations for this class hold.

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, MaitlandTiger said:

I agree we didn’t quit.  Effort (today) was unreal.  But I don’t follow that rationale. Anything less than “not quitting” is acceptable? We aren’t scoring in the second half, play calling like intermediate and long passes when we need short yardage for a first down, etc.   I’m just not seeing any reason to overlook the four straight losses and say something overly positive about Harsin. I don’t think our boys went out and played hard for Coach Harsin. I think they went out and played hard because they hate Alabama

Well most agree Bobo shouldn’t retain his job. Outside of that continuous fact Harsin has this team ready to play

We had plenty of chances to win this game that had nothing to do with putting in our 3rd string QB.  Tank simply having a brain and going down in bounds would have just about did it but aside from that our offense as a whole, the entire game sucked.  Finley even when not “hurt” is very very limited.  The longer he was in there the more scared he became.  6’7” and 250 and he looked completely petrified and nearly useless.  The offense cost us this game … again.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Another way our standards have been lowered I guess, lol

Exactly, I have been around a long time and our standards shouldn’t be lowered. That speaks to the current state of our program.  40 years ago I would be beside myself now it’s JABA

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yep. people need to get off Tanks back about this. He was trying to get the 1st to end the game, and was trying to stay in bounds but the Bama player had enough leverage to throw him out at the end. its a football play. Can't blame Tank for the effort and outcome there.

Yep. He is not to blame for this loss.

These posters listen to that bammer idiot Gary who likes to say nasty things about Auburn every chance he gets. 

• Like 1