Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

But you’re not and he’s not required to make it look like you want for it to mean something you think it means. Yeah he’s probably gone but the rumor mill and personal attacks on him in this place alone is downright disturbing and extremely unbecoming of “Auburn men and women” whatever that means anymore. 
Heck at this point, the more Harsin scoffs in the face of everyone trying to force him to do what they want the more I prefer his way over this new Auburn way. He could be the biggest idiot on the planet, but atleast he doesn’t bow to the power struggle and sell out who he is to become a yes man. I respect that a million times more than 99% of what’s been posted on this forum 

If he didn't even bother to come back, there are a few possibilities.

1) He isn't concerned about his job security

2) He isn't concerned because he knows he did nothing wrong and will either be Auburn's coach next year, or receive a full buyout

3) He knows his job is toast, so there is nothing he can do anyway

4) He can't be bothered with his duties as Auburn's head coach when he is actually in Auburn (i.e. the missed events that people have discussed at length) so why would he be when hes actually on vacation?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

That comment was not referring to either of those hires, obviously.

So the comment was when he was trying to hire his 3rd OC?  After trying to hire 2, actually hiring 1, he had no idea what his budget for an OC was?

That still doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I want freeze badly but…let’s just say we need to wait before we get egg in our faces.

I think its Grime Time in Auburn if Harsin is gone, personally. I would want Freeze more though. 

Just now, MustardSeed said:

You’re not wrong. Religion doesn’t have humility. Christianity was never supposed to be a religion. But that’s a deep and exhaustive discussion for another time. Religion teaches people to do what they’re told and in turn they judge those that don’t. The religious missed the entire point and are in the same exact boat as all the ones they condemn. Jesus called out the religious in his day as the worst of all people. True disciples become like Jesus and hate religion and love even their enemies. Feel free to pm if you’d like an actual discussion as this isn’t the place for this topic or we can go to a more appropriate thread

Man this isn’t the medium for this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

If he didn't even bother to come back, there are a few possibilities.

1) He isn't concerned about his job security

2) He isn't concerned because he knows he did nothing wrong and will either be Auburn's coach next year, or receive a full buyout

3) He knows his job is toast, so there is nothing he can do anyway

4) He can't be bothered with his duties as Auburn's head coach when he is actually in Auburn (i.e. the missed events that people have discussed at length) so why would he be when hes actually on vacation?

Agreed. And we don’t know. It could be a different option altogether. That’s why we shouldn’t judge his intentions until we have the facts. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Man this isn’t the medium for this.

Gonna need ppl like him tho to forgive Freeze and wash away his sins

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Gonna need ppl like him tho to forgive Freeze and wash away his sins

I am God fearing man but it’s so cringe …read the room. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If the investigation found nothing then all the insiders on this board who said they knew things but couldn't say which is a way of inferring he was guilty need to do some soul searching. If you can't say you don't say anything.  Now if the investigation does find something you maybe right but you still helped fuel this debacle that has been going on. Again if you can't say anything then don't.

If PTB or people inside the athletic department told people stuff then asked them not to say anything they fueled this fire because they know people want to be on the in and while they will respect the wish not to repeat what was said they will drop innuendo leading to this debacle.  PTB people or people inside the Athletic Department should completely shut their mouths about discussing anything outside of the area where they are working.

Y'all gotta quit blaming insiders, PTB, and anyone else for your own emotional reactions to what you read on the internet. 

Or, if folks can't handle the nuance and fluidity of, you know, information and reality, then maybe read some Harry Potter or something instead of the news. 

Soul searching? Sir, this is a Wendy's. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So the comment was when he was trying to hire his 3rd OC?  After trying to hire 2, actually hiring 1, he had no idea what his budget for an OC was?

That still doesn't make sense.

It absolutely does.  Parameters change quite often, especially when the AD is a lame duck.  I mean between buyouts and savings where is the new total at for staff for the 2022 season.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

He was up on Sand Mountain burning a candle and sacrificing a goat to the devil to let him win

Look WTH do you people gotta bring Sand Mountain into this. All lies, falsehoods, and innuendo.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

Whether you like it or not Harsin is gone.  The head coach is on vacation with all the clout(current players) trying to fight his battle for him in Auburn is under threat of being fired.  Either he is extremely naive about his situation or his wings have already been clipped.  If I were the HC and really wanted to return I would be in Auburn rallying whatever troops I could to stay the HC.   I would be trying to face to face assure my remaining staff and players that everything was going to be ok.  Trying to retain any that were looking around in order to show stability.  I believe the decision is done we are just waiting for the ink to dry.

As of this morning reports are leaning toward him being retained. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

Look WTH do you people gotta bring Sand Mountain into this. All lies, falsehoods, and innuendo.

You're right, I've never heard anything about goats.

But there are books and documentaries about the snakes.

• Haha 1

Literally the only silver lining in all of this is that we’d be rid of him and have hope at a new start with someone who can actually run an SEC program. If we went through all of this black eye bulls*** just to keep this schlub, that’s about as JABA as it gets. 

• Like 4

I am trying to hold any judgment of the university until tomorrow. I am finding it very hard to remain patient. The longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Harsin is retained. If you want to fire him, Just DO It and pay the man. Do it quietly and move on. I’m not sure how anyone can say that this has been handled properly. The longer it goes on, the more it looks like all of the “PTB conspiracy theorists” were right from the beginning. The perception now is that they just don’t want to stroke the check. This is exactly why buyout clauses are in contracts. It’s to discourage knee jerk reactions and firing coaches in only one year. Seems to be working as intended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1