Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

15 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

At some point, you have to stop catering to individual player egos and actually let the coach be a coach.

At some point, you have to stop catering to a coach that doesn't want to do what's needed to win in this league and move on. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

At some point, you have to stop catering to a coach that doesn't want to do what's needed to win in this league and move on. 

Very true, but is 14 months enough time to say that he has been catered to? 

Disclaimer- at this point he has to go. I am not advocating for keeping him. 

And let's be clear. It's a lot more than not catering to individual players' egos. This dude isn't catering to *anybody*. Players, staff, admins, boosters, high school coaches and handlers, media... just one big middle finger shown to all of them. That's not "cool". That doesn't make him a "badass". That makes him a "dumbass". 

And the thing is, that's not all there is to it. The dude is simply choosing not to let the kinds of players who win games play here. Because he's got some extremely narrow definition of what kind of player he's willing to coach. Not only does that put us at a competitive disadvantage, and not only does that possibly make him a crappy person, but it also shows that he's just not nearly as talented as his peers in this league. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And let's be clear. It's a lot more than not catering to individual players' egos. This dude isn't catering to *anybody*. Players, staff, admins, boosters, high school coaches and handlers, media... just one big middle finger shown to all of them. That's not "cool". That doesn't make him a "badass". That makes him a "dumbass". 

And the thing is, that's not all there is to it. The dude is simply choosing not to let the kinds of players who win games play here. Because he's got some extremely narrow definition of what kind of player he's willing to coach. Not only does that put us at a competitive disadvantage, and not only does that possibly make him a crappy person, but it also shows that he's just not nearly as talented as his peers in this league. 

Wow...did you make those points to the BOT earlier?   That's coming in hot!  

I think the money guys (and you) understand this is not a situation that will get better with time.  With time, we will be last in the SEC if you are even halfway close.  And I am afraid you are spot on from all the steps and stories we hear.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Wow...did you make those points to the BOT earlier?   That's coming in hot!  

I think the money guys (and you) understand this is not a situation that will get better with time.  With time, we will be last in the SEC if you are even halfway close.  And I am afraid you are spot on from all the steps and stories we hear.

I should settle down. I'm just regurgitating things I've heard and I've chosen to believe.

But I think that any 30,000 foot view of the situation quickly reveals that it's a lot more than just not catering to a few players' egos. There are bad things going on besides just a few kids leaving. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, boddagetta09 said:

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck....................

......it's a team with Bo Nix at QB😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Put it on other thread too but check this out.. 

ADB80F20-261F-4D6F-8279-FAB89B95064B.jpeg

I believe this is money that was previously committed to the basketball program by the Neville family. I think they are renaming the arena after them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

I believe this is money that was previously committed to the basketball program by the Neville family. I think they are renaming the arena after them?

Yes, it was on the BOT’s agenda last Friday. 

• Like 1

Hey DAG you are way out front now, 224 posts and counting in in one thread. That has to be a record. They should give you a little ownership of the board😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Hey DAG you are way out front now, 224 posts and counting in in one thread. That has to be a record. They should give you a little ownership of the board😀

Where do you think your “donation” goes?

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

And more tbh 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Totally agree. I also think we are going to see other schools have short leashes for coaches in the era of the transfer portal. You can build a team back fairly quickly, and as we've seen this offseason you can lose one pretty quick as well. Auburn is the school to rip the bandaid off and do it first, but granted there looks to be a lot of other factors either pushing them to do it or outright forcing their hand. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

Totally agree. I also think we are going to see other schools have short leashes for coaches in the era of the transfer portal. You can build a team back fairly quickly, and as we've seen this offseason you can lose one pretty quick as well. Auburn is the school to rip the bandaid off and do it first, but granted there looks to be a lot of other factors either pushing them to do it or outright forcing their hand. 

I'm giving you a big fat love reaction because I am a lover of that beautiful peaty Islay juice. Slainte! 

• Love 3

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This makes me happy! You get it now! This is you when Mason walked. Haha

image.gif.b45e93a09a04c64efc6c6101161af1af.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This makes me happy! You get it now! This is you when Mason walked. Haha

image.gif.b45e93a09a04c64efc6c6101161af1af.gif

You're not wrong.

If you are one of the many I told to chill out, then mea culpa!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're not wrong.

If you are one of the many I told to chill out, then mea culpa!

Yea you thought me and @W.E.Dwe’re overreacting. I don’t get it right a lot. But you best believe when I finally do 🦚🦚🦚

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea you thought me and @W.E.Dwe’re overreacting. I don’t get it right a lot. But you best believe when I finally do 🦚🦚🦚

I'm just glad he erased all doubt so quickly and this one didn't drag out as they sometimes do. We should all be grateful for the small kindness, even though it's way, way less desirable than our first preference. 

• Like 1

This ignore list has done serious wonders.

other Fellow brethren, rest easy, The supposed answer to our problems is around the corners.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dag’s mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries.

checking to see if I’m ignored.

That’s just dang rude 

• Haha 2