Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

46 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

The cover picture looks like they pictured him as he was puking from disgust after the game. At least we know he was sickened by that loss too, lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Tmoney56 said:

You must be young. Bammer hates Auburn and will take every opportunity they can to damage Auburn.

Bama isn’t behind this. Just stop. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

IF the speculation is true and Harsin is fired with cause, Auburn’s first call should be…. Brian Flores. 

1. Dude can coach (nearly took the Dolphins to the playoffs the past 2 years).

2. First Black Head Coach in Auburn History.

3. He’s burning his bridges with the NFL as we speak, so why not Auburn swoop in and save the day. (Big PR boost IMO).

4. NFL connections

5. I believe he’ll have players and coaches lined up to play/coach for him  with the stand he’s taken against the NFL. 

Brian Flores allegations in his complaint against the NFL admit he was a party to raqueteering (a federal criminal offense). He apparently has a moron for a lawyer.

This will go over well...

Though there has been much pearl-clutching over nebulous allegations of personal misconduct, we're told no such allegation is part of The Forces Against Harsin's "case" against the head coach.

• The "case" revolves around Harsin's behavior as it relates to players and (former) coaches. In particular, some feel/assert that Harsin's behavior struck them as racist. We're told that claim is being investigated most rigorously. We're also told that Allen Greene met with a small group of football players this afternoon in connection with the claims of racism.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Was hoping this was the case: Upper administration officials at Auburn, including executive vice president and chief operating officer Lt. Gen. Ron Burgess, have conducted interviews with some of the people exiting, sources told ESPN.

If General Burgess is involved, and seems like he may even be heading it up, the right thing will be done!

Agree with you on this. He's no nonsense and probably won't take sides. All I ask is for the man to be given a fair shake. If they want to fire him and pay the buyout, fine, but if for cause it needs to be fair and not a witch hunt 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Though there has been much pearl-clutching over nebulous allegations of personal misconduct, we're told no such allegation is part of The Forces Against Harsin's "case" against the head coach.

• The "case" revolves around Harsin's behavior as it relates to players and (former) coaches. In particular, some feel/assert that Harsin's behavior struck them as racist. We're told that claim is being investigated most rigorously. We're also told that Allen Greene met with a small group of football players this afternoon in connection with the claims of racism.

You have to take that claim seriously and investigate to the fullest extent.

If that’s what’s going on, our BOT needs to be applauded.

And I’m on the “it’s to early to tell about harsin” side.

Just can’t have a guy in charge if these allegations are true

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tmoney56 said:

When I was a boy, my Dad would show me REC corespondence (he was a bammer). And none of it was within NCAA rules No conspracy theories, the REC is real and controls the press in Alabama and recruiting in all of college football.

Never saw it from family, but two really good friends at the time, and now, told and showed me exactly how it was done. They are lawyers and judges ffs. They laughed at Au going on probation for nothing compared to what they were doing. Now we don't need the red elephant club. We've got us. 

If Auburn wants to evolve, then Harsin needs to be given his 3 years and prove the money folks work for him and not the other way around. If big money pays for him to be fired, we will be the same team we've been for decades.  Up...down...excited....depressed...we need Harsin to have a team full of his guys.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, au302 said:

Agree with you on this. He's no nonsense and probably won't take sides. All I ask is for the man to be given a fair shake. If they want to fire him and pay the buyout, fine, but if for cause it needs to be fair and not a witch hunt 

One man’s investigation is another man’s witchhunt. It will be done thoroughly and fairly.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

It is. A lot of them take time off after signing day.

Yes, and with all the players that signed, I’m sure he was exhausted.

We won't be Bama or UGA  or Clemson, cause our people will fight each other harder than the competition. Give us another 3-4 coaches and maybe everyone will be too embarrassed to NOT get on board. But I doubt it. JABA. 

22 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Brian Flores allegations in his complaint against the NFL admit he was a party to raqueteering (a federal criminal offense). He apparently has a moron for a lawyer.

He didn't agree to any of that.. he is reporting it!

Metafour claimed that the boosters were suddenly very united after the last year, which obviously contradicts what JGT seemed to hint. So obviously, I desperately hope Meta is correct.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There is no going back from this. It is going to be ugly. Either the BOT proves he is a racist scumbag, in which case he deserves to be fired, or he is exonerated in which case he sues AU… 

SMH…. Greene probably feels terrible right now. 

JABA. I’m done. Thank goodness for the bball team. 

• Like 1

Come Lord Jesus Come!  This world has gotten ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Metafour claimed that the boosters were suddenly very united after the last year, which obviously contradicts what JGT seemed to hint. So obviously, I desperately hope Meta is correct.

United on what? Firing him for cause or just in general? Some people on On3 were making it sound like the booster that started all of this is losing support, but he may still get across the finish line

I haven’t been able to look at this since this early this morning. At that time there were rumblings of new “cause” revelations.  HR, ethics, …. something. New events that should/would void a contract.  

As I now look at this at the eod the only smoke~>fire thing I’ve seen is not talking to a players parents…. The other things: distant personality, gruff style, the transfers, recruiting, loses, ect. Trajectory of the program stuff. (Not new)Things that are competence related, but definitely not cause.

Especially after one year.

I hope I missed something  and the president can make sense of this - because at this point we have threads longer than if we ‘d won a NC, and nothing tangible except that it’s becoming obvious  that many boosters are a mess and need to get a new hobby.

Im just concerned that we come out of this being portrayed like Tennessee’s culture part 2.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1