Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

11 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Besides Wth had Deion done to warrant such considerations? He got waxed in the celebration bowl by a team with far lesser talent, and his X’s and O’s is what lost it. 

One game does not make or break a body of work. Example: Saban lost to the war hawks or how about Saban in this year's Iron bowl?   Upsets happen

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

When do we hire hugh freeze . I

am taking bets on hugh freeze or Rhett lashlee 

You already know. Rhett gets hooked back up with Kodi, it’s a ground ball, double play to the second baseman hire. Boom baby

Edited by wcware
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

If Auburn is looking at what is being said they are looking at and finds it is justified in their actions,  “Auburn” is not damaged goods.

This isn’t about wins/losses or boosters that just don’t like Harsin’s attitude so they just decide to blow $18M to get rid of him. 

It could be a PR nightmare and worse if Auburn DOESN’T fire Harsin or give him the opportunity to resign. 

This is ALL spin from the boosters perspective 

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think I've come around with you on Freeze. Especially given the likely options. 

What rubbed me the wrong way about him was the hypocrisy of talking about being such a good Christian man, while he was doing whatever he was doing. But it's not like he killed somebody and maybe he learned a lesson. 

It's time to win some football games and Freeze is probably the best choice for that. Who cares what everyone else says. 

• Like 2

I'd love Fickell from Cincy. No way he'd take the job unless it was like a stupid salary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

I think I've come around with you on Freeze. Especially given the likely options. 

What rubbed me the wrong way about him was the hypocrisy of talking about being such a good Christian man, while he was doing whatever he was doing. But it's not like he killed somebody and maybe he learned a lesson. 

It's time to win some football games and Freeze is probably the best choice for that. Who cares what everyone else says. 

Yes yes. Come to the dark side 

• Haha 2

Just now, Didba said:

I'd love Fickell from Cincy. No way he'd take the job unless it was like a stupid salary.

Whoa could fickell understand southern culture ?! Hmmm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

We are hiring Freeze, aren't we?

The PTB have a problem chasing the dragon.

It'll be Lashley, or Muschamp, or Steele. You know... one of those true architechs of our best seasons.

• Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

Who knows, but his players love him and he consistently gets more out of lesser talent.

and check this track record:

1999 Ohio State (GA)
2000–2001 Akron (DL)
2002–2003 Ohio State (ST)
2004 Ohio State (LB)
2005–2010 Ohio State (co-DC/LB)
2011 Ohio State (Interim HC)
2012–2016 Ohio State (co-DC/LB)
2017–present Cincinnati

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Fickell is about to be a Power 5 coach on the back of the CFB playoff appearance in an area he's never not coached. I doubt you can pay him enough to deal with this mess.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CR said:

Im wondering how long Gen Burgess has been interviewing people from around the program? Players and coaches are always mentioned but there are lots of anonymous employees that may be affected.

2 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Exactly.  Wouldn’t he be considered an outsider non- SEC familiar blah blah blah also?

I have never cared about hiring from within the south.  Get the best coach possible no matter where he is from is my MO.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’ve seen Jeff Grimes name mentioned, but knowing us we’ll end up with JB Grimes instead. 

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Its not implausible to think that Gus might have had something to do with this.  Hunter is now at UCF, and Gus might not want his players tweeting things about another 

From what u posted earlier u said if what is being posted on insider board is true, a rumor about an affair is least of Harsins worries... I'm hearing when this comes out, it will be a major embarrassment for the university. You Agree?

This may be the reason they haven't interviewed players... Cause in the end it won't matter what they say.. its that bad..

6 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

The PTB have a problem chasing the dragon.

It'll be Lashley, or Muschamp, or Steele. You know... one of those true architechs of our best seasons.

Don’t forget Chip Lindsey and Neal Brown. Nothing will surprise me. 

12 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

We are hiring Freeze, aren't we?

This is going to sound silly, but wasn't one of the rumors that the boosters were sick of Gus was because they were tired of his style of offense and wanted to get back to old school AU smash mouth ball? Steele would give them this and hire a pro-style coordinator. I'm no expert on offenses, but isn't Freezes style similar to Gus's? Even though it's more sophisticated

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

My vote is Jeff Grimes if it has to happen

This wouldn't be the worst tbh.

10 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Fickell is about to be a Power 5 coach on the back of the CFB playoff appearance in an area he's never not coached. I doubt you can pay him enough to deal with this mess.

pretty much unfortunately.

• Like 1