Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Whoa could fickell understand southern culture ?! Hmmm

Midwest is at least closer to the south than the Mountain West

42 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

This is ALL spin from the boosters perspective 

These kinds of things are not stuff that boosters “spin” I can assure you of that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

These kinds of things are not stuff that boosters “spin” I can assure you of that.

Enlighten us. If someone actually knows something, I think they should share with the group. Don't be selfish. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Enlighten us. If someone actually knows something, I think they should share with the group. Don't be selfish. 

We cannot, even though my sources are not the donor forums the stuff I am hearing coincides with that stuff, I was just told in a PM to not summarize stuff that is on the donor side.  We are trying to not be banned.  Why she won't say anything definite, and is being vague.

If you really want to know pony up however much it takes to get into donor side, like $50 or $75.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jaba4ever said:

Surprised I haven't seen Matt Rhule's name floated on here yet. 

Because a lot of Auburn fans are Panthers fans and they have a dislike for Rhule based on his NFL success (or lack thereof).

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Didba said:

Who knows, but his players love him and he consistently gets more out of lesser talent.

and check this track record:

1999 Ohio State (GA)
2000–2001 Akron (DL)
2002–2003 Ohio State (ST)
2004 Ohio State (LB)
2005–2010 Ohio State (co-DC/LB)
2011 Ohio State (Interim HC)
2012–2016 Ohio State (co-DC/LB)
2017–present Cincinnati

I actually know Fickell (not friends but same CC). He’s not coming to auburn lol. He’s quite happy where he’s at. 

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

Because a lot of Auburn fans are Panthers fans and they have a dislike for Rhule based on his NFL success (or lack thereof).

Nick Saban says hello

• Like 1

Just now, Taco said:

I actually know Fickell (not friends but same CC). He’s not coming to auburn lol. He’s quite happy where he’s at. 

I believe it. It was more just wishing out loud.

5 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

Surprised I haven't seen Matt Rhule's name floated on here yet. 

Rhule would be a slam dunk hire.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

I don’t think you will see Fickell leave for anything less than Ohio State. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

We cannot, even though my sources are not the donor forums the stuff I am hearing coincides with that stuff, I was just told in a PM to not summarize stuff that is on the donor side.  We are trying to not be banned.  Why she won't say anything definite, and is being vague.

If you really want to know pony up however much it takes to get into donor side, like $50 or $75.

How does the doner site Work? One time donation or pay each month?

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

I have been thinking about it. And if we find out in a day or two that you guys were right, I'll bite the bullet. We will see.

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

I'm having trouble following along. I understand y'all can't say specifics, but the gist is that the donor side is basically saying that he did something extremely damning and there's no need for an investigation at this point? Just curious because I'm on On3 and it's much more quiet over there. Understand if you can't even answer this. Don't want anyone banned

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

You get access when you reach a certain amount.  Its been so long since I did it on my first account (that I no longer post under) that I have had since AuburnEagle days, that I am not sure on the $$ amount.

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

If Auburn is looking at what is being said they are looking at and finds it is justified in their actions,  “Auburn” is not damaged goods.

This isn’t about wins/losses or boosters that just don’t like Harsin’s attitude so they just decide to blow $18M to get rid of him. 

It could be a PR nightmare and worse if Auburn DOESN’T fire Harsin or give him the opportunity to resign. 

You are dealing with facts, they are dealing with Internet rumors etc..

1 hour ago, DAG said:

When do we hire hugh freeze . I

am taking bets on hugh freeze or Rhett lashlee 

I would take freeze. The heavy rumors are still Kevin a Steele.

12 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I think people need to step back and stop making Auburn boosters out to be the “big bad boogeyman” because this might not be about that.  It seems the narrative permeating is “boosters are getting the guy they didn’t want out because he won’t bend the knee” but that might not be the case here. 

There could be some very real, concerning issues happening and if there is then I am glad BOT/Boosters/whoever is stepping in because no one is bigger than Auburn University and that includes Bryan Harsin. 

Yes, they went behind Tuberville’s back with Jetgate.  I can PROMISE you that is not the first time something like that has happened at a collegiate program, Auburn just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  Auburn is also not the only university with boosters who like to control things, its the dynamic at every major university and I guess looking at it from their perspective I’d want to make sure my investment was solid too and I’d want concerns addressed. 

These people pour millions into Auburn, because they don’t want to see it fail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Its a one time donation to help the people out that keep this board going free of charge for everyone.

Honestly I didn’t do it for the access, I did it because I appreciate what they provide, I’ve been a member here since we were Auburn Eagle and figured I owed them at least that.  But there is a wealth of information provided, and the discussion is more substantial I would say.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I think people need to step back and stop making Auburn boosters out to be the “big bad boogeyman” because this might not be about that.  It seems the narrative permeating is “boosters are getting the guy they didn’t want out because he won’t bend the knee” but that might not be the case here. 

There could be some very real, concerning issues happening and if there is then I am glad BOT/Boosters/whoever is stepping in because no one is bigger than Auburn University and that includes Bryan Harsin. 

Yes, they went behind Tuberville’s back with Jetgate.  I can PROMISE you that is not the first time something like that has happened at a collegiate program, Auburn just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  Auburn is also not the only university with boosters who like to control things, its the dynamic at every major university and I guess looking at it from their perspective I’d want to make sure my investment was solid too and I’d want concerns addressed. 

These people pour millions into Auburn, because they don’t want to see it fail.

Great. I agree. And that told me nothing about now.

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I'm having trouble following along. I understand y'all can't say specifics, but the gist is that the donor side is basically saying that he did something extremely damning and there's no need for an investigation at this point? Just curious because I'm on On3 and it's much more quiet over there. Understand if you can't even answer this. Don't want anyone banned

What I have heard is that there potentially could be some actual physical evidence that potentially gives more legitimate grounds to rumored stuff. Not the affair stuff.  That is DOA and common knowledge among the pay sites.

This is what I have heard from a old hunting buddy that coaches in Phenix City.  I won't go any further in details bc it might start stepping on toes in the donor side.  I dunno. I don't go donor side often on my other account.

• Like 1