Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So these guys are gonna boot Harsin and pay Hugh and pay for his buyout??? 
Where was this money for the football facilities, the basketball facilities, the softball….

Those sports don’t stroke their egos 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

Okay, let's say for whatever reason Coach Harsin takes the buyout and who could blame him, how is everyone going to react to Kevin Steele as our new coach IF he is the one brought in immediately?  Just hypothetical musing....

I'd throw up

• Like 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Didba said:

Narrator: "it wasn't.

This investigation seems to be moving at light speed. Must have really had their ducks in a row. I was thinking a week minimum 

1 minute ago, wildlife alumni said:

If they hire Steele I hope everyone boycotts the spring game except the boosters. 

Just the spring game? 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

Okay, let's say for whatever reason Coach Harsin takes the buyout and who could blame him, how is everyone going to react to Kevin Steele as our new coach IF he is the one brought in immediately?  Just hypothetical musing....

We as a fanbase were united against the PTB hiring him 14 months ago, I assume it would be the same today.

• Like 1

Just now, AUwent said:

@Taco, do you actually know anything or are you just guessing?

I know what I know. Take that for what it’s worth. 

I’ve thrown in some personal opinions obviously. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, e808 said:

This investigation seems to be moving at light speed. Must have really had their ducks in a row. I was thinking a week minimum 

Imo it's impossible to do due diligence in such a short time-frame.  @Elephant Tipper  here ya go.  A investigation that is is similar to discovery in a lawsuit takes weeks unless you have 10-20 associates all doing it even then would probably still take days.   Unless the investigation has been going for months now, which my original statement was not assuming, I find it hard to believe they were able to do due diligence in a couple of days.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

Like the man but hope the door is locked!

You can be honest...he wasn't a good man, but was a good DC.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I think he technically paid for him themselves, just used the schools cell phone to call them.

I will put Hugh on my Verizon plan so he can have his own phone to call broads

Teamwork make the dream work. :) 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUnChas said:

War Eagle All! I don't post much but thought I could jump in with my 1 cent. Probably not worth even that, ha. I have a friend close to au athletics. I don't ask specific Qs about programs or people. I honor our friendship too much. But we do chat about general state of things. What I know that isn't reflected on this site very much is that its not accurate to say (and maybe not fair depending on your perspective) to interpret this as a recent set of events where "PTB" are creating this situation in some form. It's has a much longer window (where the mistakes have piled up) than what we are seeing in the last couple days. From my understanding, what players are saying is mostly accurate (both sides). Harsin is all about winning football games. He has respect as a coach. On flip side he doesn't manage relationships at all. There is a complete disconnect to building "men" and guiding their future in life -- literally and in context of their personal background. There is not an investment there. In addition, he has not engaged in understanding AU history or football history. Not engaged with high schools and coaches. That I know. In my opinion now, there is an arrogance on top of it all about his coaching ability. He is a good football coach, but this is the SEC. There are great coaches everywhere. Add to it the mass exodus of people, and legal has been involved for weeks (as they should when ANY person has this many people leaving AND your paying a lot of $ to some of those to leave) on top of a bad season, and this is all puts him and the University in a tough spot. This is where the BOT is evaluating all of this at this point.

The best coaches I had always coached from love. They care about you first and foremost. Then, they were hard and demanded excellence. I think Harsin skips the first part and he will pay for it, because at Au, we care deeply about our place, history and people around us, with with sports as an integral part of that. There is little disagreement on that front amongst us -- Fans, BOT, players, former players and Boosters. Unfortunately for him, he didn't understand that. WDE

Some tried to explain this when he was hired, but people were just so excited to get rid of Gus, they didn’t want to listen.

On a sidenote: was anything mentioned about his wife and daughters leather pants and hooker boots when they walked into Auburn’s country club type social events? Asking for a friend.

• Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not sure the decision to hire (whomever) was totally in his hands in the first place. 

As for firing - good for him. At some point he has to decide for himself the circumstances in which he is willing to stay. 

In fact, that could be the genesis of the current effort to sabotage him.

Yes, good for him. Firing 6 coaches, that he hired, in 13 months, good for him.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Didba said:

Imo it's impossible to do due diligence in such a shirt time-frame.

That’s what I was thinking but who am I . Just a fan chiming in on a message board🤣