Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Any real timeline on a decision or press conference?? Or any info of merit??  We will probably never know the truth. .

I am hearing earliest news could come late Monday. Harsin will be back in Auburn tomorrow supposedly.

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I think people need to step back and stop making Auburn boosters out to be the “big bad boogeyman” because this might not be about that.  It seems the narrative permeating is “boosters are getting the guy they didn’t want out because he won’t bend the knee” but that might not be the case here. 

There could be some very real, concerning issues happening and if there is then I am glad BOT/Boosters/whoever is stepping in because no one is bigger than Auburn University and that includes Bryan Harsin. 

Yes, they went behind Tuberville’s back with Jetgate.  I can PROMISE you that is not the first time something like that has happened at a collegiate program, Auburn just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  Auburn is also not the only university with boosters who like to control things, its the dynamic at every major university and I guess looking at it from their perspective I’d want to make sure my investment was solid too and I’d want concerns addressed. 

These people pour millions into Auburn, because they don’t want to see it fail.

They are making us look like a laughing-stock. They never wanted the Harsin hire and don't like AG either. I mean its the title of the thread!! lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Didba said:

Who knows, but his players love him and he consistently gets more out of lesser talent.

and check this track record:

1999 Ohio State (GA)
2000–2001 Akron (DL)
2002–2003 Ohio State (ST)
2004 Ohio State (LB)
2005–2010 Ohio State (co-DC/LB)
2011 Ohio State (Interim HC)
2012–2016 Ohio State (co-DC/LB)
2017–present Cincinnati

Hmm he is a yankee. He won’t work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

You guys are hilarious with the Freeze, Deion, etc. talk. If Harsin is gone it’s HC Steele and we’ll all just have to deal with it. 

and he will have to win almost immediately 

2 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

Someone has been talking to an attorney

Nobody is going to sue anybody about any of this.  That is the last thing that Harsin wants.  Whether some of you want to believe it or not, the man is a real ass.  He is the type person that most genuinely dislike after having spent much time working around, with or for.  I have said this for months, which is why I was not shocked in the least when Derek Mason decided he was out, regardless of whether or not he had another job to take.

I have no idea if he has had a hard time keeping his zipper up.  There is so much more detrimental behavior that exists, I wrote that off long ago until some degree of proof or admission is made.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

They are making us look like a laughing-stock. They never wanted the Harsin hire and don't like AG either. I mean its the title of the thread!! lol

Boosters did not cause the issues being looked into and are not driving the investigation of complaints.

• Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

Boosters did not cause the issues being looked into and are not driving the investigation of complaints.

BINGO.

But they probably will have to clean up the mess. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I think people need to step back and stop making Auburn boosters out to be the “big bad boogeyman” because this might not be about that.  It seems the narrative permeating is “boosters are getting the guy they didn’t want out because he won’t bend the knee” but that might not be the case here. 

There could be some very real, concerning issues happening and if there is then I am glad BOT/Boosters/whoever is stepping in because no one is bigger than Auburn University and that includes Bryan Harsin. 

Yes, they went behind Tuberville’s back with Jetgate.  I can PROMISE you that is not the first time something like that has happened at a collegiate program, Auburn just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  Auburn is also not the only university with boosters who like to control things, its the dynamic at every major university and I guess looking at it from their perspective I’d want to make sure my investment was solid too and I’d want concerns addressed. 

This is the absolute truth!

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Have you not followed this for the past few days? This all comes out one-sided while Harsin is on vacation. PAM sources are part of the good ole boy network. 

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody is going to sue anybody about any of this.  That is the last thing that Harsin wants.  Whether some of you want to believe it or not, the man is a real ass.  He is the type person that most genuinely dislike after having spent much time working around, with or for.  I have said this for months, which is why I was not shocked in the least when Derek Mason decided he was out, regardless of whether or not he had another job to take.

I have no idea if he has had a hard time keeping his zipper up.  There is so much more detrimental behavior that exists, I wrote that off long ago until some degree of proof or admission is made.

Have you spent enough time around the man to come to this conclusion yourself? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

My best friend is a uat grad. He always said he'd rather have a beer with Tuberville ( yeah I never could spell it and I don't care ) than Saban. Cause he's an ass. So, if he's an ass, I don't care. If you got something else, share. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Have you not followed this for the past few days? This all comes out one-sided while Harsin is on vacation. PAM sources are part of the good ole boy network. 

Jay Gogue, Auburn's President, along with Gen Burgess are investigating complaints that have been made, not on a website or in an article, but by people at Auburn.  They didn't just grab an idea from the air and go with it.

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

What I have heard is that there potentially could be some actual physical evidence that potentially gives more legitimate grounds to rumored stuff. Not the affair stuff.  That is DOA and common knowledge among the pay sites.

This is what I have heard from a old hunting buddy that coaches in Phenix City.  I won't go any further in details bc it might start stepping on toes in the donor side.  I dunno. I don't go donor side often on my other account.

Got it. Thank you good sir. That's what I've been curious about all weekend. Is there actual evidence that would amount to cause out separate from the alleged affair.

I've pretty much refrained from adding anything to this thread and all the rumors and speculation, hoping none of it was true. After the past season I'm not a big Harsin fan but I was willing to give him at least one more year. But after the recruiting results I wasn't sure anymore. I have been waiting to hear from my source before saying much. Lot's here have sources but I only have one really good one because of where he/she works at AU. I'm not going to say where so take it FWIW. I have been waiting to hear from him/her and finally did about an hour ago. So here goes with what I was told.

1. Harsin is gone with announcement in 2-3 days. Only waiting for a little more results from the so-called Gogue investigation.

2. The rumor about an affair of some kind is unfortunately true. She is/was an assistant to Coach Mason. Connect those dots. I hate it.

3. Nothing to say yet about Greene but he is out of the loop right now.

4. Hold your hat. The two top candidates being discussed to replace Harsin at this moment are Steele and Rhule.

I wish so much for the school I love that all this was just a bad dream and I would wake up in the morning and it was.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

My best friend is a uat grad. He always said he'd rather have a beer with Tuberville ( yeah I never could spell it and I don't care ) than Saban. Cause he's an ass. So, if he's an ass, I don't care. If you got something else, share. 

Saban is not an ass in the same way that Harsin is.  I can assure you that Saban is respectful toward people he works with, while being demanding of his coaching staff.  Also, contrary to some people's misguided conclusions, Pat Dye was not an ass hat.  He was a gentleman that never wavered from his philosophy that you could coach them only as hard as you would love them.

In Bobby Bowden's words, they don't care what you know, until they know you care.

• Like 2

Just now, AU9377 said:

Jay Gogue, Auburn's President, along with Gen Burgess are investigating complaints that have been made, not on a website or in an article, but by people at Auburn.  They didn't just grab an idea from the air and go with it.

Who do you think wanted Gen Burgess in the Athletic Dept in the first place? Gen Burgess also serves on Great Southern Wood Holdings Board of Directors.

19 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

You are killing it. 

I refuse to believe all of this is to get Kevin Effing Steele as Head Coach as the desired outcome of this inevitable coaching search @zeroforwinger. They saw the reaction last year. If they really go down that route and avenue then they are the most tone deaf power broker's at a major school. It would be a collosal disaster and fans would be furious and speak out via their wallets. Our PTB and money guys are dysfunctional but man I would hope they aren't this dumb!!!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I don’t think you will see Fickell leave for anything less than Ohio State. 

He would have went to Notre Dame if they waited.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Saban is not an ass in the same way that Harsin is.  I can assure you that Saban is respectful toward people he works with, while being demanding of his coaching staff.  Also, contrary to some people's misguided conclusions, Pat Dye was not an ass hat.  He was a gentleman that never wavered from his philosophy that you could coach them only as hard as you would love them.

In Bobby Bowden's words, they don't care what you know, until they know you care.

I am asking questions. I knew people at AU that hated Dye. I totally disagreed but they were there. My niece was at UT and hated Bruce. Dye and Bruce are my heroes. I'm defending nobody, nor condemning them either

Asking questions. 

Edited by JuscAUse!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I refuse to believe all of this is to get Kevin Effing Steele as Head Coach as the desired outcome of this inevitable coaching search @zeroforwinger. They saw the reaction last year. If they really go down that route and avenue then they are the most tone deaf power broker's at a major school. It would be a collosal disaster and fans would be furious and speak out via their wallets. Our PTB and money guys are dysfunctional but man I would hope they aren't this dumb!!!

It won’t be Kevin Effing Steele.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

BINGO!

You are so astute to pick up on that. Bet it went over most people's head! 🤣

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Who do you think wanted Gen Burgess in the Athletic Dept in the first place? Gen Burgess also serves on Great Southern Wood Holdings Board of Directors.

image.gif

• Like 1