Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yeah sure, but what has Lee Hunter done or said that could result in an actionable suit against him? Nothing.  If you are implying defamation then no its not there.

I implied nothing.  Cool your jets, counselor.

It's never a bad idea to make sure one isn't wandering into actionable territory, especially in a highly volatile situation.  You are the first lawyer Ive ever met who apparently thinks legal advice is a bad thing.  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Didba said:

I think on Zakoby's IG live.  He basically said he meant those player were being treated like dogs... in the doghouse.  Being punished for stuff by being disallowed from coming to the football facilities, practice, work outs, etc. Class, dorms. Nothing else.

Only time my Coach ever did something so severe was when a player had legal issues or was gonna get suspended for doing something stupid like climbing to the top of the basketball arena and getting drunk on a bye week.  Or being drunk and running from cops.  He'd basically say those players know what they need to do to be allowed to rejoin the team.  Starters did this stuff too.  Trust me being really really good at football does not always lend to itself to strong logical reasoning skills.  Cough Rodgers cough...

I see. Well I would also point out that Tank didn't show up for practice and still was allowed to come back and everything

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gctiger said:

How so?  He’s got no body of work…

Recruiting and promotion.  Saban did not out x and o people his first few years. He got the talent. Prime time already has NATIONAL pull.

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

It's never a bad idea to make sure one isn't wandering into actionable territory, especially in a highly volatile situation.  You are the first lawyer Ive ever met who apparently thinks legal advice is a bad thing.  

There just isn't anything there. The phone call would go "hey should I walk this statement back?" "no, you didn't say anything that would be actionable".  Defamation against a public figure is one of the hardest suits to prove as a plaintiff. Requires proving actual malice which is basically impossible.  No lawyer told him to walk back his statement is what I am getting at.

35 minutes ago, Didba said:

It'd be nice.  hey, I heard Mike Leach graduated from law school before becoming  a coach... maybe I should look into that.  The first Lawyer/Coach.

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bruce Pearl is also a lawyer too, correct ?

Terry Bowden

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

This gets back to the players that say they are treated like animals, say he may be racist, he doesn’t care about their parents or them… They all are not honest, lazy, lack integrity, don’t know what they’re talking about.

Now all the players that are supporting him, they’re totally honest, good work ethic, and just have the upmost integrity.

We just can’t have it both ways.

Glad your here to point out the truth to us!

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I see. Well I would also point out that Tank didn't show up for practice and still was allowed to come back and everything

🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Recruiting and promotion.  Saban did not out x and o people his first few years. He got the talent. Prime time already has NATIONAL pull.

Plus, will hold the team together.  Because,  if you fire Harsin, there will be an mass exit. Years to fix!!!! Life is to short to watch a damage football team. The PTB broke it, so they got to fix it $$$ 

• Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

He’s got a very short work history with no titles of any kind, so I think I’m gonna have to pass on this one.  

Edited by gctiger

12 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Its not implausible to think that Gus might have had something to do with this.  Hunter is now at UCF, and Gus might not want his players tweeting things about another coach. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You get my point. You can’t have it both ways.

On his post where he said “we are treated like dogs” he got 20 likes from current and former players.

I'm still failing to see the allegation of racism in those remarks. He didn't say only black players were treated like dogs. There are many white players on the team as well. I don't want it both ways. If he was racist, fire his ass, but if all we got is that he's a huge dick than I'd imagine they will be laughed out the court room.

Another random question... Who thinks the leaders, Brahms and those linked in his post; Owen Pappoe, Derick Hall, Anders Carlson,  JS Shenker and Tank Bigsby should have their say?  Also if they don't get a voice at the table what their response might be?   And just to clarify, IF Coach Harsin is fired for cause, I support it 100%.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gctiger said:

He’s got a short work history with no titles of any kind, so I think I’m gonna have to pass on this one.  

You are correct,  and. I won't blame you. But, we are damage goods for now. We can't attract top proven coaches with a clean record at this point of time. Need to hold what talent we have and $$$ record OC and DC money. Imo

11 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Plus, will hold the team together.  Because,  if you fire Harsin, there will be an mass exit. Years to fix!!!! Life is to short to watch a damage football team. The PTB broke it, so they got to fix it $$$ 

11 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

So if Harsin is fired it will take years to fix but Deion will miraculously fix everything in a short period of time?   The damage is already so bad that it’s very likely going take years to fix whether or not Harsin is retained.  

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

Another random question... Who thinks the leaders, Brahms and those linked in his post; Owen Pappoe, Derick Hall, Anders Carlson,  JS Shenker and Tank Bigsby should have their say?  Also if they don't get a voice at the table what their response might be?   And just to clarify, IF Coach Harsin is fired for cause, I support it 100%.

Well the problem is that it's an investigation into misconduct, so they're probably talking to players and coaches that have been run off or who have alleged misconduct with exit interviews. Probably haven't been asking the players and coaches who are still here and going about their usual business what their thoughts are since that may seem irrelevant to the scope of the investigation, hence Brahms and others calling for them to meet with them

If Auburn is looking at what is being said they are looking at and finds it is justified in their actions,  “Auburn” is not damaged goods.

This isn’t about wins/losses or boosters that just don’t like Harsin’s attitude so they just decide to blow $18M to get rid of him. 

It could be a PR nightmare and worse if Auburn DOESN’T fire Harsin or give him the opportunity to resign. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gctiger said:

So if Harsin is fired it will take years to fix but Deion will miraculously fix everything in a short period of time?   The damage is already so bad that it’s very likely going take years to fix whether or not Harsin is retained.  

It is my opinion,  but, who else would.come here and can pull in talent.  Prime time is a good brand, if you ask AFLAC , Saban and the five.star he just signed to that little school.

4 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Besides Wth had Deion done to warrant such considerations? He got waxed in the celebration bowl by a team with far lesser talent, and his X’s and O’s is what lost it. 

• Like 2

Just now, au302 said:

Well the problem is that it's an investigation into misconduct, so they're probably talking to players and coaches that have been run off or who have alleged misconduct with exit interviews. Probably haven't been asking the players and coaches who are still here and going about their usual business what their thoughts are since that may seem irrelevant to the scope of the investigation, hence Brahms and others calling for them to meet with them

Respectfully disagree.  Any thorough investigation will include current players.

Just now, gctiger said:

Respectfully disagree.  Any thorough investigation will include current players.

But will it include just current players that have alleged issues or will it include those who have said nothing? I'm glad that's the case as all voices should be heard

Im wondering how long Gen Burgess has been interviewing people from around the program? Players and coaches are always mentioned but there are lots of anonymous employees that may be affected.

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

But will it include just current players that have alleged issues or will it include those who have said nothing? I'm glad that's the case as all voices should be heard

IMO all players that were on the roster this season, including transfers should be contacted for interviews. If I’m conducting the investigation all voices will have opportunity to be heard.  

• Like 1