Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

15 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, good for him. Firing 6 coaches, that he hired, in 13 months, good for him.

Nice cherry picking on that response. :-\

My premise was these coaches may have been forced on him. 

It's possible he decided he had enough and if he was going to fail, he was at least going down his way.

Edited by homersapien

Just now, au302 said:

IF, and I say IF, the BOT is up to any shenanigans again with any of this, and if they are truly in the wrong, I hope they are exposed and held accountable. Harsin issue aside

Who is BoT?

18 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Freeze could win at Auburn and he is a great recruiter.. I would be fine with him but don't see it happening

He was cheating, so his recruiting prowess may not be as good as it appears. 

7 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Ohhh snap!!! I love this move. Wonder if anyone will accept the invite????

This gets back to the players that say they are treated like animals, say he may be racist, he doesn’t care about their parents or them… They all are not honest, lazy, lack integrity, don’t know what they’re talking about.

Now all the players that are supporting him, they’re totally honest, good work ethic, and just have the upmost integrity.

We just can’t have it both ways.

9 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Ohhh snap!!! I love this move. Wonder if anyone will accept the invite????

There’s absolutely no way that current players are not interviewed as part of a legitimate investigation.  

Just now, AU-24 said:

This gets back to the players that say they are treated like animals, say he may be racist, he doesn’t care about their parents or them… They all are not honest, lazy, lack integrity, don’t know what they’re talking about.

Now all the players that are supporting him, they’re totally honest, good work ethic, and just have the upmost integrity.

Lee Hunter walked back the dogs statement and said he never got treated that way

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

There’s absolutely no way that current players are not interviewed as part of a legitimate investigation.  

Hasn’t happened yet, apparently.

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Who is BoT?

Board of trustees

3 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

You're speaking post-hire and I'm speaking pre-hire.  You, and others, are using highly inflamatory language that indicate a practiced behavior by Harsin and would have been discovered easily.  And imagine how a black AD, who already knew Harsin for several years, hired a racist after having one of the best teams in vetting to fail in performing thorough due diligence.  I don't buy that argument for one second.  These charges against Harsin are being manufactured.

This situation is all about a poor first season record and that's it, but the only way to get rid of Harsin is to foment the false charge of racism in order to gather support against him.

For those pursuing dismissal of Harsin for these charges are of abysmal character and are leading AU down a very dangerous path.  AU's reputation is now at stake and those who hate Harsin don't mind dragging AU down to fulfill their ambitions.

I think you have misunderstood my stance on the whole thing. I am on your side until concrete evidence is shown of actual actionable misconduct.  I have opined to this several times but I don't blame you for missing it, many pages of BS to wade through. 

My post above was not my personal feeling or opinions. Was simply passing on the info.

Edited by Didba

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Point me to where one player has publicly said that Harsin is a racist? I've seen the allegation on the boards, and it's very serious. Maybe that's coming from behind closed doors?

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

I think you have misunderstood my stance on the whole thing. I am on your side until concrete evidence is shown of actual actionable misconduct.  I have opined to this several times but I don't blame you for missing it, many pages of BS to wade through.

Thank you for clarifying.  I stand corrected re: you, but against those who are fomenting this firing I stand by my words.

WDE !!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Hasn’t happened yet, apparently.

I realize that.  My point was that the tweet was unnecessary.  I should have stated my point more clearly.  🙂

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Narc?

C'mon now... let's not do that to current or former players

18 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Lee Hunter walked back the dogs statement and said he never got treated that way

I missed that. where did you see it. That's big if he did.

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I realize that.  My point was that the tweet was unnecessary.  I should have stated my point more clearly.  🙂

Why would the tweet be unnecessary??? I’m sure players who care about their coach are reading the same crap we are in relationship to the imminent firing. 

13 minutes ago, au302 said:

Point me to where one player has publicly said that Harsin is a racist? I've seen the allegation on the boards, and it's very serious. Maybe that's coming from behind closed doors?

You get my point. You can’t have it both ways.

On his post where he said “we are treated like dogs” he got 20 likes from current and former players.

Edited by AU-24

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I missed that. where did you see it. That's big if he did.

I think on Zakoby's IG live.  He basically said he meant those player were being treated like dogs... in the doghouse.  Being punished for stuff by being disallowed from coming to the football facilities, practice, work outs, etc. Class, dorms. Nothing else.

Only time my Coach ever did something so severe was when a player had legal issues or was gonna get suspended for doing something stupid like climbing to the top of the basketball arena and getting drunk on a bye week.  Or being drunk and running from cops.  He'd basically say those players know what they need to do to be allowed to rejoin the team.  Starters did this stuff too.  Trust me being really really good at football does not always lend to itself to strong logical reasoning skills.  Cough Rodgers cough...

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Why would the tweet be unnecessary??? I’m sure players who care about their coach are reading the same crap we are in relationship to the imminent firing. 

I’m not criticizing the tweet in any way.  It’s the request that shouldn’t be necessary since the current players are likely to be interviewed anyway.  In hindsight, the tweet and thus the request is now a matter of public record which pretty much guarantees that they’re included in the investigation.