Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 hours ago, gctiger said:

Jeff Grimes is my first choice, but I don't know if he's even a realistic possibility.

I think almost any coordinator is up for grabs for a job like Auburn even with the controversy. I wouldn't mind Grimes, TWill, or even someone like Dell McGee. 

Just now, peashooter said:

SDS is clickbait. They absolutely don’t have an idea of what in the world is going on and should take anything they say about anything regarding… well anything 

1 minute ago, peashooter said:

Nobody wants to wait to see what this is all about before writing bulls***. Just goes to show you how shameless media has become.

• Like 1

Just now, peashooter said:

yeah, it was posted earlier in the thread. 

I don't agree with the article, especially about Pearl, but I don't think anyone can deny that Auburn is doing a VERY good job at making itself look bad right now. 

The "variety of perspectives" piece of that AU statement is interesting to me. If there is a violation of his contract, there is no need for a variety of viewpoints IMO (i.e., its objectively binary).

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

yeah, it was posted earlier in the thread. 

I don't agree with the article, especially about Pearl, but I don't think anyone can deny that Auburn is doing a VERY good job at making itself look bad right now. 

It looks bad but this is what Auburn needed. I am 10000000% sure of that.

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

SDS is clickbait. They absolutely don’t have an idea of what in the world is going on and should take anything they say about anything regarding… well anything 

The problem is this is now the truth. It won’t matter what the reality of the situation is, this has become the truth.

Edited by wcware

43 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

People with money are generally smart 

You lost me with this.

In my experience, most wealthy people are some of the most absolutely incompetent people I have ever dealt with.

They are greedy as hell and lack basic compassion for anyone other than themselves and those most close to them. They would run over you and leave you to bleed to death to get what they want.

Americans have, for way too long, equated monetary success with virtue and intelligence.

That is a complete crock.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nobody wants to wait to see what this is all about before writing bulls***. Just goes to show you how shameless media has become.

Clicks pay the bills

There had better be proof if he is gone.  Auburn should be careful with not only their national perception but also within the AU family.  I as an AU lifelong fan,  AU alumnus, AU donor and AU teacher am disgusted with every part of it.  If they had cause from the beginning, it should have been over quickly and quietly.   What coach with any integrity would come here to be a part of this?  I hope I am wrong in my thoughts and that there is justifiable cause and that the method used to handle it was JABA.

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Clicks pay the bills

I don’t know why, but all I can think of when you post is that you are, actually Oscar the Grouch. 

image.gif.1e1e7ea70218a152df498fb269a6c1be.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Oh, you know the answer…

But I’m a silver level donar. That should entitle me to at least a fraction of the info, right?

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

Just now, aublue88 said:

There had better be proof if he is gone.  Auburn should be careful with not only their national perception but also within the AU family.  I as an AU lifelong fan,  AU alumnus, AU donor and AU teacher am disgusted with every part of it.  If they had cause from the beginning, it should have been over quickly and quietly.   What coach with any integrity would come here to be a part of this?  I hope I am wrong in my thoughts and that there is justifiable cause and that the method used to handle it was JABA.

I think the big disconnect here is that AU was probably doing a quiet investigation of this for a while when it got leaked. It was probably a secretary of one of the BOT or something seeing meeting notes/documents about them addressing the Harsin situation in the Friday meeting, and they leaked it to a paywall site. I think this just got away from the university and it really sounds like it wasn't their fault. Another writer basically confirmed that an investigation had been going on before the initial news broke.

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Nah we need to get to 100 pages first

Perhaps the thread title should be change to: The 100 Page Train Wreck... 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Where do I find out what you know?

I have a magic conch shell. I pull the string and it tells me what I need to know. 

but in absolutely honesty, I don’t wanna say “trust me bro” but that’s the best I got. Call me out on it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

In bigger picture stuff, there’s no more power vacuum. Our lame duck AD is done. We have a President without an interim title. And now we finally have our point person within the PTB to unify our millionaires. 

Can they still **** it up? Sure. Are we much more organized then last year? Hell yes and it’s not even a question and we won’t have a rogue AD make a hire to give our PTB a middle finger for hurting his feelings regarding Gus.

1 minute ago, Taco said:

I have a magic conch shell. I pull the string and it tells me what I need to know. 

but in absolutely honesty, I don’t wanna say “trust me bro” but that’s the best I got. Call me out on it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

In bigger picture stuff, there’s no more power vacuum. Our lame duck AD is done. We have a President without an interim title. And now we finally have our point person within the PTB to unify our millionaires. 

Can they still **** it up? Sure. Are we much more organized then last year? Hell yes and it’s not even a question and we won’t have a rogue AD make a hire to give our PTB a middle finger for hurting his feelings regarding Gus.

Out of curiosity, what makes ADAG a lame duck?

2 hours ago, AUEAGLE said:

Don’t agree with Harsin being fired if that happens. However, Freeze or Gundy doesn’t sound too bad

That would be hilarious if Gundy came. He might even bring back DC.

BTW-he already makes over 4 mill/ year at his alma matre.

Edited by Hank2020

6 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

You lost me with this.

In my experience, most wealthy people are some of the most absolutely incompetent people I have ever dealt with.

They are greedy as hell and lack basic compassion for anyone other than themselves and those most close to them. They would run over you and leave you to bleed to death to get what they want.

Americans have, for way too long, equated monetary success with virtue and intelligence.

That is a complete crock.

I am reminded of the old adage "a fool and his money are soon parted".  Certainly there is some luck involved in wealth, but most of the times there is also brains and good judgement.

I don't buy the fact that most wealthy people in this country got there by pure luck, though I am sure some did.  I do concur with you about the virtue though.

• Like 1

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Out of curiosity, what makes ADAG a lame duck?

He’s using the Mitch McConnell definition. Basically at some point in the distant or not so distant future, the AD will be gone.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He’s using the Mitch McConnell definition. Basically at some point in the distant or not so distant future, the AD will be gone.

Isn't he in the last year of his 5 year deal?  Most schools renew before the final contract year, but sounds like Auburn is just willing to let it expire.