Men vs Arkansas Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

On the bright side, we sucked real bad tonight, and it took a good team overtime to beat us at our worst. 🤣 

I’m tired of sucking at all. I want to drop 130 on everyone remaining. Lolol. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Another thing to point out is the awful decisions at the under 2 in regulation. We were up five and bricking 3s for what? Even half common sense basketball closes that out and wins that game. I’m sick about Wendell’s shot but the more I think about the atrocious play under 2 I get more sick. 

Seriously. The 3 from Cambridge that was partially blocked. Wendell’s prayer at the end where he dribbled around for 25 seconds then jacked a 30 foot 3.  Hopefully they learn their lesson and also practice more free throw shooting. 

30 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I actually forgot we were up by 5 after WG's made 3.   Were our next 2 shots a 3 by Al and a 3 by Devan? 

I believe so. I know the 3 by Cambridge. Just didn’t make sense at all. Slow it down, use the full shot clock and try to draw the foul or get it to Jabari. Very dumb basketball played during the under 2. 

Edited by WarEagleHunter1221

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

Seriously. The 3 from Cambridge that was partially blocked. Wendell’s prayer at the end where he dribbled around for 25 seconds then jacked a 30 foot 3.  Hopefully they learn their lesson and also practice more free throw shooting. 

FT hasn’t been terrible until tonight. I think that was the worse on the season. I’ll never get over Wendell’s shot but that Cambridge one was ridiculous. He should not be throwing up multiple threes a game. If he is we got a problem. 

This is why we lost. End of story. Also, look at the foul disparity. Come the heck on. How did the pigs not have more, considering they mugged our guys all night?D33E31D4-6BCC-4DC6-924B-7993E14164A4.jpeg

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I actually forgot we were up by 5 after WG's made 3.   Were our next 2 shots a 3 by Al and a 3 by Devan? 

Three by Flanigan and three by Jabari off the offensive rebound. One of those has to go down. 

5 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Another thing to point out is the awful decisions at the under 2 in regulation. We were up five and bricking 3s for what? Even half common sense basketball closes that out and wins that game. I’m sick about Wendell’s shot but the more I think about the atrocious play under 2 I get more sick. 

If we make free throws we win in regulation, even though we played ugly.  Less than 50% from the line is terrible. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I said it last game after seeing BP acknowledge it himself, but he's not taking TOs like he has his full cast of characters. I just don't get it.

He was using his TOs tonight to give the players some rest.

If we get Zep back, and after BP stirs up this hornet's nest team we have, I feel sorry for TAM come Saturday on Game Day ESPN TV...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

To who you think? 

Still have at UT, Arkansas and Florida plus Bama at home. Think they drop at least one of them

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

He was using his TOs tonight to give the players some rest.

I understand using it to rest, but it's a quandary every coach has. Balancing for rest and balancing for Xs and Os. He still had one at the end when Wendell jacked that up iirc. 

Hey Guys,

Did we get robbed of 10 seconds on the shot clock in OT?

I am a brand new member.  I would have created a new topic for this, but somehow when I try to create a new topic, it will only allow me to start a new topic in the lowest level of the forum hierarchy (e.g., It will only let me post to the "Rivals" basketball forum, but not the main forum.).  Any advice from the mods on this would be great.

Anyway, in OT, Arky took a shot at about 3:40, and Kessler came down with the rebound at about 3:38.  While the ball is still in Walker's hands, the shot clock goes from 30 to 20, poof!  He then passed it to Green who took it across half court.  The offense ended up being rushed, and I think Green ended being called for an offensive foul.  We were up by two at that point, but it was downhill from there.  This possession was a big shift in OT.

Did anyone else see this?  Is there some rule I am missing?  (Not a basketball rules expert.)  I thought on any defensive rebound the shot clock resets to 30.  If this is wrong, feel free to delete this post.

I'll also say, just like we are now, we had enough plays on the court to beat UConn in regulation. Only comparison I'm trying to make is that Auburn beat Auburn to be in regulation in these two games. Hell in UConn, I think that was a missed FT and we didn't get the rebound? That sounds pretty familiar right now! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

This is why we lost. End of story. Also, look at the foul disparity. Come the heck on. How did the pigs not have more, considering they mugged our guys all night?D33E31D4-6BCC-4DC6-924B-7993E14164A4.jpeg

No way fouls were that different in reality to what was called...or not called.  

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

FT hasn’t been terrible until tonight. I think that was the worse on the season. I’ll never get over Wendell’s shot but that Cambridge one was ridiculous. He should not be throwing up multiple threes a game. If he is we got a problem. 

Let me try and understand this..... we are 22-2 and just lost in overtime to an extremely good team in a very hostile environment without our starting point guard and some of you(who probably lack the talent to even step on the court with this team) are bitching because we lost a game????  I get it that most of you probably haven’t been watching Auburn basketball for 60 years like I have but if you had you would understand what a fabulous team we have and you would be thrilled to be where we are right now.  We will probably drop a few more on our way to the national championship but that’s just basketball.  We have a monster team.  Can’t believe any of you would criticize their play.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'd be lying if I said I paid attention and kept up with it. He didn't get it at the end of regulation for a shot and I truly believe he should have. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, just mentioning that everybody probably was under the same mindset to not get Kessler the ball late

Yes, Kessler's FT shooting is a liability.  But I would have loved to see Jabari take that last shot nearer the basket than Wendell did...Wendell took an NBA 3-pointer when he should have been playmaker enough to generate a better shot than  that...for himself or another teammate.  That shows why Zep is BP's choice for starting PG, I think.

WDE.

18 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Look at those stats without watching the entire game tells me one team was aggressive and the other one wasn’t. With Smith and Kessler Auburn should never go long stretches without scoring or getting calls inside. I really hope they learn their strength is in the interior with timely 3s sprinkled in

We lost a basketball game for the first time since last year. It happens. Learn from it and get better. We’re still on track….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lawsam said:

Let me try and understand this..... we are 22-2 and just lost in overtime to an extremely good team in a very hostile environment without our starting point guard and some of you(who probably lack the talent to even step on the court with this team) are bitching because we lost a game????  I get it that most of you probably haven’t been watching Auburn basketball for 60 years like I have but if you had you would understand what a fabulous team we have and you would be thrilled to be where we are right now.  We will probably drop a few more on our way to the national championship but that’s just basketball.  We have a monster team.  Can’t believe any of you would criticize their play.

Lol dude don’t quote me with this type of stuff.  You got 20+ other people you could quote, don’t come at me with it. This is a message board created by fans for fans to discuss Auburn sports. I’m doing just that and my post are not disrespectful to this players nor would they ever be. We shot sub 50% at the line and Cambridge was 1-5 from deep and 26% on the season. I didn’t say anything out of the way. My post doesn’t say anything about us not being the top team in the country. You might want to simmer down or choose to come for someone else next time. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Lol dude don’t quote me with this type of stuff.  You got 20+ other people you could quote, don’t come at me with it. This is a message board created by fans for fans to discuss Auburn sports. I’m doing just that and my post are not disrespectful to this players nor would they ever be. We shot sub 50% at the line and Cambridge was 1-5 from deep and 26% on the season. I didn’t say anything out of the way. My post doesn’t say anything about us not being the top team in the country. You might want to simmer down or choose to come for someone else next time. 

Great teams will have bad games.  Respectful fans should realize that and cut them a break.  Or, just go talk to the players you are criticizing and tell them what you think of their play tonight.

Flanigans minutes need to be reduced by a bunch. I’m sorry, but he’s more of a liability out there. He is NOT a potential first or second round draft pick, but HE thinks he is. A turnover machine

• Like 1

The only. games we lost were OT's...I'd say that is a great reflection on the team and staff...look forward for the remaining games of the season and through the tourney...

41 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Flanigans minutes need to be reduced by a bunch. I’m sorry, but he’s more of a liability out there. He is NOT a potential first or second round draft pick, but HE thinks he is. A turnover machine

I have been concerned about Flan. He has not come around like I hoped. However, I don't think he is arrogant. Honestly,  his game looks like it lacks confidence. He has ability. It just has not translated since coming back from injury. He needs a 20+ pt game to get confidence. Imo

• Like 1