Men vs Arkansas Game Thread

Maverick.AU

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

No zep, no lior, TV teddy and co ruling OT. Arky was not the better team by any stretch, AU cashes in On FTs and they  win easy. Stfu crutch arm. 80-76 Arky final in OT. 

This is truth . Lost at the line and poor shot selection 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

That shot by Green was a horrible decision to end regulation. Had every advantage imaginable, but we pull up from almost the logo. 

Did we have a TO left?

Auburn has been playing sloppy and bad decision making all season but the defense has held serve. The last couple of games the decision making and shot selection has gotten worse. U would think that stuff would improve but it has been getting worse. I hope they learn what are their strengths and weaknesses very soon.

Oh well guys, war eagle. Team did a lot on the road without zep and also lior,  against a good team . FT shooting and refs pissed me off tonight. War eagle and on to Saturday 

• Like 1

I don't blame the refs. We didn't finish the game. As the #1 team in the country we can't expect for refs to bail us out. As the #1 team...you need to finish teams off when you get the chance and we had the chance being up by 5 and 3 points. 

We're a top 5 defensive team in the country....FINISH the game.

• Like 1

I know people are mad about Wendell's choice of shots to end the game.  I understand.  However,  he was the reason we got back into the game in the first place.  I like the fact that he has enough confidence to take that shot.  I agree that I would have liked for him to try to take it to the rim.  But, I can't blame the guy for taking the shot he felt he could make.

Guess I haven't gotten into the whole Kentucky-esque thing. We played, we saw, they conquered. Give the other team some credit and learn from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was the perfect game to lose.

Kessler fouls out, KD has his worst game, terrible free throw shooting, playing against refs, another off night shooting, Jabari finds his road swagger, Zep still out, playing a fired up Arkansas team at their place, and still taking it to OT.

we needed this to refocus. We will be fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Nah bruh. Even NBA players know not to do that. 

Cambridge would windmill the damn ball so hard . Quit playin . Any one of our high flyers would mash it . We all know that 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Did you copy and paste that from the UK boards after we beat them? :) C’mon bro let’s just take the L and move on. We blast other fans for takes like that. 

Dude, not even close to the same thing. I didn't say that we would have won with Zep. Just said we went toe to toe with Arky without him. And it's pretty obvious if we don't miss 10 FTs we win the game. We shot HORRIBLE from the line.

Just now, AUbritt said:

Guess I haven't gotten into the whole Kentucky-esque thing. We played, we saw, they conquered. Give the other team some credit and learn from it.

Seriously. Phenomenal atmosphere. Their team played great. Made free throws. Was just a great game.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Something has to be done to reign in KD. 

He's relying too much on trying to draw foul to the point that referees know he has no intention to go up with a real shot.  So they aren't calling it.  

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Of course i want us to win every game. Wasn't really interested in we need to lose a game or two thing. But our decision making was horrible at the end. We've gotten a little lucky with closing some games late being close. It's still a learning process for this team. 

However, one thing i think where Bruce has to demand is getting plays ran for Jabari to help close games. Dude is clutch, as well as Wen but there's absolutely zero reason he doesn't get a chance to touch the ball under 4 or 3 minutes in the game. ZERO. He's too much of a threat and he helps solve the issue of bad FT shooting. 

Zep PLEASE get well soon! 

Only mistake Jabari made was passing up that three when he kicked it over to Cambridge. Gotta shoot there. The second three taken by Cambridge and the long three taken by Green to close out regulation were awful, awful choices. Especially Green’s. Kessler wasn’t even under the basket for a put back so no clue what he was thinking. Would have rather him drove and kicked it back to Kess for the three rhen him take that. Man that was an awful decision. I can’t get over it. No way Bruce would have gave him the green light on that one. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I don't blame the refs. We didn't finish the game. As the #1 team in the country we can't expect for refs to bail us out. As the #1 team...you need to finish teams off when you get the chance and we had the chance being up by 5 and 3 points. 

We're a top 5 defensive team in the country....FINISH the game.

Again…stop with the ref talk.. the refs blew the charging call against UGA t that gave us the win. Can’t have it both ways. 

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

I know people are mad about Wendell's choice of shots to end the game.  I understand.  However,  he was the reason we got back into the game in the first place.  I like the fact that he has enough confidence to take that shot.  I agree that I would have liked for him to try to take it to the rim.  But, I can't blame the guy for taking the shot he felt he could make.

I'm least upset at his shot selection and more worried about his turnovers. That one at the end in OT hurt us. 

Just have to make better decisions, especially at the end of games. Can't give the ball away, have to be in position on D the last few minutes of the game.

When you have an opportunity to take a last shot you need to put pressure on the D and the refs. The best thing you can do for the other team is run clock out and shoot a prayer from 3. 

We'll learn and get better.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 4

Just now, Barnacle said:

Seriously. Phenomenal atmosphere. Their team played great. Made free throws. Was just a great game.

Totally agree. They were so ready, and they played exactly how they needed to in order to win. Now, let's learn from that and make sure it doesn't happen again.

• Like 1