Men vs Arkansas Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

What happened please? I turned the TV off when we didn't get the missed free throw rebound

Arky player gave himself an alley-oop at the end when the clock was running out. 

• Like 1

Just now, pensacolatiger said:

Gotta make the free throws

^ THIS!!!

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

We went toe to toe with a good Arky team without our starting PG. IF we hadn't missed FTs we win that game. This team is damn good and this isn't a bad L.

Did you copy and paste that from the UK boards after we beat them? :) C’mon bro let’s just take the L and move on. We blast other fans for takes like that. 

• Dislike 1

Get Zep back and then get back in sync. We should be fine. 
Time to take a day off, get rested, and do nothing but shoot FTs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

It’s basketball. Our boys would do it too. They whipped us . Fair and square 

No way AU try’s that s*** with a victory in hand. That’s bush league and I am glad Wendall went after him. I thought he was going to start a fight  if they were not rushing the court. 

Edited by jw 4 au
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Arky player gave himself an alley-oop at the end when the clock was running out. 

Oh man. Really? Ok thanks!

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

When have our guys ooped off the backboard to win a game?

Maybe I just don’t understand, but I’m not even mad at that. Emphatic end to knocking off #1 at home in front of a sell out crowd. Give the people what they want. 

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I will say, though, it seems that refs have it out for us. We are just not allowed to play physical ball, and other teams are allowed to harass us. It’s getting old. 

Can’t say that… the refs gave us the game at UGA. 

• Dislike 1

That is the suckiest bull crap game I’ve ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😡😡😡

They scored 18 more points than us from the line.   Partly because we sucked at the line, the fouls at the end, and also they got some very generous extra trips!!!😡😡😡   The possession arrow at the end should have been ours unless there was a phantom change of possession I was totally unaware of.  

With no Zep and KD being MIA most of the game(maybe the finger is still giving him a lot of problems), we had to do some really creative stuff with our guard play!   Kessler didn’t foul out, the refs just needed to level the playing field with a couple of bull crap calls!!!

I hope to heck we play this bacon team in the SEC tournament!!!!   We’ll smoke them piggies by 20+!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

That shot by Green was a horrible decision to end regulation. Had every advantage imaginable, but we pull up from almost the logo. 

Makes me sick to my stomach. That and 8-17 at the line. Absolutely sick. Now they get to dance all over us and act like that whipped our ass when that ain’t the case. Oh well. This **** stings but I guess I can take solace in the fact that we’re so good we get treated like the Kentucky’s and dukes now. Man I am sick. 

I had a feeling we might lose tonight.  I just figured it was bound to happen, without Zep. Hopefully he will be ready for Saturday. We can't win what we all want to, without him.  Hope our guys get some rest and hammer A&M.  War Eagle y'all.  We will be fine.

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

It’s basketball. Our boys would do it too. They whipped us . Fair and square 

Nah bruh. Even NBA players know not to do that. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Crazy to think how different this might have been had Wendell drove and not took a dumb deep 3

Yeah we should’ve won in regulation.   That was a really stupid shot!!!😡

• Like 1

Of course i want us to win every game. Wasn't really interested in we need to lose a game or two thing. But our decision making was horrible at the end. We've gotten a little lucky with closing some games late being close. It's still a learning process for this team. 

However, one thing i think where Bruce has to demand is getting plays ran for Jabari to help close games. Dude is clutch, as well as Wen but there's absolutely zero reason he doesn't get a chance to touch the ball under 4 or 3 minutes in the game. ZERO. He's too much of a threat and he helps solve the issue of bad FT shooting. 

Zep PLEASE get well soon! 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Maybe I just don’t understand, but I’m not even mad at that. Emphatic end to knocking off #1 at home in front of a sell out crowd. Give the people what they want. 

I thought it was awesome, why would he not do that if he could?? If I was that kid I’d find the best photo I could of it and make a poster the size of my living room wall for it. 

• Like 1

Just now, NoALtiger said:

I thought it was awesome, why would he not do that if he could?? If I was that kid I’d find the best photo I could of it and make a poster the size of my living room wall for it. 

Thanks. Again, I’m just a casual basketball fan, so maybe there’s some unwritten rule about it, but I thought it was pretty badass.