Men vs Arkansas Game Thread

Maverick.AU

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

War eagle guys and gals, we'll bounce back on Saturday. See y'all then 

Great work and thank you Mav 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He gave it a spike bounce for the oop, slammed it in as the buzzer sounded, lights went off and pyro shot out the backboard lol.  It was actually pretty tight.  We danced on their logo pregame so we earned it.  I'm more upset with the turning off the lights as they are rising the court, making it harder for our guys to get off the court. Dangerous. 

Wendell tried to run up on the guy who dunked on him (Wendell ran into the dunk) and the storming actually interrupted that lmao

• Sad 1

AU still hasn't lost a game in regulation 

also I'll be the first to say I'm petty af.

Thirdly, musselman, don't act like your students didn't stand out after we got off the bus saying we sucked and then act disrespected 

Edited by Maverick.AU

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Jabari has a green light whenever he wants it. Wen and Jabari basically have a green light at anytime. Bruce has always given that to his PG and his best player. Jabari is naturally an unselfish player. One of the great aspects about him so i don't really expect him to go and demand the ball. 

That's why Bruce has to take control and set plays up for him late in the game. You get the ball in his hands to take us home or at the very least make sure he touches the ball. There is absolutely no reason your best player shouldn't get a touch. If Wen isn't doing that...Bruce has to demand that. It's clear we have sets for Jabari...he can easily get it back. 

Jaylin should've taken that 3 instead of passing to Cambridge. He shouldn't be allowed to shot another 3 at this point. It's just something we need to work on better in close games. 

Run a pin down or curl. He can shoot over the top of almost anybody and get a decent shot. Only way he shouldn't get the ball for the last shot is if they are triple teaming him.

I agree with you 100%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Man, so many of y'all sound like salty, entitled Kentucky fans. Let's be cool and enjoy what we got with our basketball team without turning into azzholes.

Just a review of the game on my points. I'm not mad. Just taking notes of what needs to be fixed. I wasn't expected us not to loose again this season. I actually picked this spot for a possible loss b/c Arky has the guards to match up with us. 

I just hope we're able to spot and correct our errors late in games. Doesn't mean we'll win but decision making late is critical to a tourney run. We've gotten away with it the last 2 - 3 games so now that we have lost one of them hopefully it gets worked on and let's start a new winning streak. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wendell tried to run up on the guy who dunked on him (Wendell ran into the dunk) and the storming actually interrupted that lmao

Yea I see that on the video I just posted.  He got whacked with the swing.  Bad look lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I was so mad we didn't get that rebound I turned the TV off and started fussing at my dogs about ball protection lol. What you just described sounds like an all star game. I should've watched

Kind of deja vu the same reason for the UConn loss. 20 games later and still haven’t learned. That’s what’s scaring me all these bad habits that’s been displayed throughout this season seem to be getting worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Run a pin down or curl. He can shoot over the top of almost anybody and get a decent shot. Only way he shouldn't get the ball for the last shot is if they are triple teaming him.

I agree with you 100%

Yep. Agree 100%. That's my only point. There's always ways to get your best player touches in the last few minutes. 

But we move on and start a new streak. Learn from it and get a win Saturday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Somebody saw it .. lol

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Just a review of the game on my points. I'm not mad. Just taking notes of what needs to be fixed. I wasn't expected us not to loose again this season. I actually picked this spot for a possible loss b/c Arky has the guards to match up with us. 

I just hope we're able to spot and correct our errors late in games. Doesn't mean we'll win but decision making late is critical to a tourney run. We've gotten away with it the last 2 - 3 games so now that we have lost one of them hopefully it gets worked on and let's start a new winning streak. 

Totally, we need to learn from this, and I think we will.

Just saying that we ought to be happy with and celebrating what's going on with our basketball team. I think we can win it all this year. We are an awesome team! Let's just keep it all in perspective and enjoy what we have.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Kind of deja vu the same reason for the UConn loss. 20 games later and still haven’t learned. That’s what’s scaring me all these bad habits that’s been displayed throughout this season seem to be getting worse.

I wouldn't say we're getting worse, we are just getting a bunch more pressure and effort and we have to learn how to handle it. I'm cautious too but we're still a good team, we just have to learn how to be consistent. 

Keep the faith!

• Love 1

Glad we made it a good 2nd half.  Kessler had a helluva game.  Jabari tried his best to thwart the upset.  Cardwell had some big blocks when Kessler out.  It happens.  Now we can regroup, get TAMU at home with a clean slate.  Run the table. 

• Like 1

Yep. Every SEC wants to say they beat us. Guys have handled it all well. Always a chance to learn and get better. Hopefully the new winning streak ends with a championship! WDE!

• Like 2

Oh and Wendell was absolutely gassed. Kessler too. Really all of us.  Poor FT are usually due to tired legs.  

4 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Totally, we need to learn from this, and I think we will.

Just saying that we ought to be happy with and celebrating what's going on with our basketball team. I think we can win it all this year. We are an awesome team! Let's just keep it all in perspective and enjoy what we have.

Not sure why I can't like your post, but I agree.

We just had opposing fans storm the floor after they beat us….in basketball. Y’all think about that and let it sink in for a minute. I think it’s absolutely awesome and a true testament to the job Bruce has done. This is possibly the greatest season in AU history and this is only one game of the season. We are still dynamite and Bruce will have the guys dialed in and peaking at the right time. Onward to Saturday, WDE. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree with you 100%

100% agree with this. Jabari is a younger Kevin Durant imo. Both guys are long, can shoot from anywhere and they're hardly ever going to have their shot blocked because their height and long arms just get higher than any defender guarding them. Durant has better handles than Jabari but I think that will come in time. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GoBo! said:

Can’t say that… the refs gave us the game at UGA. 

How’s that now? Pretty sure I saw Wen fight through a no-call foul (imagine that!) to score the winning bucket in that game. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

I'm bummed.

Even after an embarrassing performance due to out-of-control play by our guards against bottom-dwelling UGA, our guards played as bad or worse tonight.  The coaches should have corrected that.  Green should have attacked the basket on the last play in regulation, but he instead threw up a hero shot from deep.  I was so disappointed to see that.  He should have attacked.

And I'm disappointed in the coaching staff for not finding ways to get more easy baskets for Jabari and Kessler.  That relates to their inability to keep the guards under control and focused on the gold mine: getting the ball to Jabari and Kessler.

Still, this was so in our grasp at the end.  Terrible FT shooting was the difference.

I’ll admit I wasn’t too upset until a) they played na na hey hey toward the end with the game still in question and b) the dunk at the end with time expiring. 

It’s one thing for the fans to start singing it. It’s another for a university employee to play it. That was a trashy move. Also, the game was still in question, so WTF. Would’ve looked pretty stupid if we pulled out a win.

The dunk was also super classless. If I were a ref, I would’ve called a technical because it was clearly a gloat move.

As for the fans… I’m not mad about them rushing the floor. They knocked off number 1 in the country. That’s a big deal and worth rushing the court over.

As for the game, I’m sure the idiots of the world will say it is evidence that we’re overrated. But we were probably going to drop another one eventually because that’s how things work in basketball. And this was the right one to drop… an away game against a pretty good team in overtime. It will more than likely fire our guys up to clean things up just in time. 

Edited by ScotsAU

We were due to lose and should have. I don’t think Jabari touched the ball in like the last 3-4 min of regulation. (Crazy). We have plenty of time at the end of regulation and Wendell simply jacks up a crazy long 3 without either driving or getting Jabari some kind of touch. (Turble.) Yeah, we deserved to lose. I hope they learn from it and move on. We have a great team and great kids, but sometimes we just don’t play very smart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

I’ll admit I wasn’t to upset until a) they played na na hey hey toward the end with the game still in question and b) the dunk at the end with time expiring. 

It’s one thing for the fans to start singing it. It’s another for a university employee to play it. That was a trashy move. Also, the game was still in question, so WTF. Would’ve looked pretty stupid if we pulled out a win.

The dunk was also super classless. If I were a ref, I would’ve called a technical because it was clearly a gloat move.

As for the fans… I’m not mad about them rushing the floor. They knocked off number 1 in the country. That’s a big deal and worth rushing the court over.

As for the game, I’m sure the idiots of the world will say it is evidence that we’re overrated. But we were probably going to drop another one eventually because that’s how things work in basketball. And this was the right one to drop… an away game against a pretty good team in overtime. It will more than likely fire our guys up to clean things up just in time. 

I think they were playing the song when Kessler fouled out