It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

I get the idea of "cutting bait", but there's no way that one more season of poor play and firing him with legitimate reasoning seemed less attractive than running a man's credibility into the ground. The product on the field was definitely going to give us cause to move on from Bryan Harsin, now these imbeciles have probably galvanized him for multiple seasons with the excuse of....this.

This isn't a pro or anti Harsin slant, I truthfully don't expect much from Auburn football at this point. But I really can't fathom how bad our donors are at even the type of shrewd vindictiveness that CEOs and owners should be good at. They just suck at everything! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Cool. So are the money guys gonna finally stand up and offer some quality NILs?  Hard to recruit this day and age when the money people go into hiding. It’s a simple fact that no one here ever wants to acknowledge for some reason. I guess it doesn’t help pile blame solely on one guy

Yeah, I’ve been beating that drum too, but no one wants to listen.

11 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Cool. So are the money guys gonna finally stand up and offer some quality NILs?  Hard to recruit this day and age when the money people go into hiding. It’s a simple fact that no one here ever wants to acknowledge for some reason. I guess it doesn’t help pile blame solely on one guy

Reportedly, the late push in defensive recruits was because of a renewed NIL push by the defensive coaches. That's what I heard on Locked on Auburn. It makes sense with many of the former defensive coaches knew how the game goes in this region/on this level of football 

We also have read from many sources that Harsin himself is anti-NIL in nature. Now, you can still push something while not believing in it, but as with much of Harsin's rigidity, it seems easy to believe that he hadn't promoted it much. 

Tl;dr we need Harsin (and the Potatites) to BELIEVE in NIL before we can even accrue the funds to offer it lol 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Reportedly, the late push in defensive recruits was because of a renewed NIL push by the defensive coaches. That's what I heard on Locked on Auburn. It makes sense with many of the former defensive coaches knowing how the game goes in this region/on this level of football 

We also have read from many sources that Harsin himself is anti-NIL in nature. Now, you can still push something while not believing in it, but as with much of Harsin's rigidity, it seems easy to believe that he hadn't promoted it much. 

Tl;dr we need Harsin (and the Potatites) to BELIEVE in NIL before we can even accrue the funds to offer it lol 

Coaches have literally zero to do with NIL. It’s completely irrelevant if they push it or not (other than it being illegal for them to push it so there’s that).  Harsin “believing” in NILs has literally zero effect on whether NIL contracts occur. He’s not even legally allowed to tell recruits about them. NIL is not on him. People need to stop pushing that lie

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, provibe said:

Yeah, I’ve been beating that drum too, but no one wants to listen.

Because they wrongly believe coaches have anything to do with NILs. They’re not even allowed to tell recruits about NILs 😂. But yeah, that’s Harsin’s fault 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Coaches have literally zero to do with NIL. It’s completely irrelevant if they push it or not (other than it being illegal for them to push it so there’s that).  Harsin “believing” in NILs has literally zero effect on whether NIL contracts occur. He’s not even legally allowed to tell recruits about them. NIL is not on him. People need to stop pushing that lie

Are we living in the land of make believe? There is no way you believe that top tier recruiting staffs care about those rules and aren't promoting opportunities while recruiting. I will agree with you, I'm definitely sure Harsin wasn't. And that's why we were where we were with the offensive recruiting 

• Thanks 2

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Are we living in the land of make believe? There is no way you believe that top tier recruiting staffs care about those rules and aren't promoting opportunities while recruiting. I will agree with you, I'm definitely sure Harsin wasn't. And that's why we were where we were with the offensive recruiting 

They have NIL deals they can point to publicly and stay within the rules. Saban announced his qb signed a million dollar NIL for all to hear. He doesn’t have to go tell recruits something that could get his team on probation. What deal does any AU player have worth pointing to?  Milos tea?  😂. If y’all believe Saban is out spouting illegal conversations that anyone could record and severely affect his program you’re living in make believe land. He’s not that stupid. The REC does all of that. Who does it for AU?  And if you’re claiming Mason was out doing this then you’re claiming he was out publicly breaking the only currently enforceable rule on NILs. Either that’s not accurate (most likely) or he’s a moron

36 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Get Ed O and Craig on the staff . Some how . Create some buzz and excitement. 

You laugh , but those guys are killer recruiters and Harsin is not . The best damn coaching the world will not overcome jimmy’s and joes . Not in the age we live in . AU has to get back to the trooper Taylor days . Create some positivity and excitement. I hate to use the Gus banner , but it has to be a new day in AU. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Who is the richest person in the state?

For a number of years it been someone near and dear to our Auburn ❤️

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I get the idea of "cutting bait", but there's no way that one more season of poor play and firing him with legitimate reasoning seemed less attractive than running a man's credibility into the ground. The product on the field was definitely going to give us cause to move on from Bryan Harsin, now these imbeciles have probably galvanized him for multiple seasons with the excuse of....this.

This isn't a pro or anti Harsin slant, I truthfully don't expect much from Auburn football at this point. But I really can't fathom how bad our donors are at even the type of shrewd vindictiveness that CEOs and owners should be good at. They just suck at everything! 

Are u really Surprised? I mean I'm more surprised when they do show some compentancy, which isn't often... I mean we pay Malzahn 20 million to go away and turn around and hire another guy with an 18 million boyout. Cast of clowns

• Like 1

Here's my two cents, I know it's probably not even worth that but here it goes.

I'm just frustrated and mad as hell about all of this. I love Auburn and always will and I just want us to be better. 

I'm sad and heartbroken right now because we can't seem to get out of our on damn way.

I know we can be better, I know we can do better, we are a top 15 program but don't act like it, we have the money to play with the big boys but still act like we are in the Mac.

We can get the players that Bama and Georgia get but for some odd reason we don't and its freaking frustrating. 

We have the ability to be an awake gaint but we choose to stay asleep, we have and should be able to be consistent because we've done it , it may have only been for a little while with Dye but we've done it and I know we can do it again. 

I just want us to be what I know Auburn can be which is great and win consistently, win championships, beat Bama, Georgia, LSU consistently.I'm just tired brother, I'm just tired of Auburn being nonsensical.

Auburn football could and should be so much more then what it is, but alas we aren't and frankly it's antiquated.

I don't know how to fix it, but dammit I wish somebody in our Athletics Department, BOT, PTB knew how because if we can get that figured out we would be dangerous, I truly believe that. 

I believe in Auburn,

War Eagle! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, autiger88 said:

There sure are a lot more on the dark side today,  we welcome you with open arms. Just check your baggage at the desk and we have a room ready for you. 

We will get through this together @cole256 @DAG@cbo @Zeek  @McLoofus and others.  🙂

dark-side.gif

Count me in on the dark side.   10 year anniversary of 2012, here we come.

42 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You don't need Harsin to do NIL. That's why Jimbo at A&M wasn't lying. He just told the oil money guys to go and set up whatever for the recruits. Rigby, you can go buy whoever. Pick one and let me know who it is. Or if you're as "rich" as I am, we'll have to form a conglomerate of a few hundred folks to afford a Jimbo type O lineman! 😄

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Get Ed O and Craig on the staff . Some how . Create some buzz and excitement. 

Coach O ripped his shiiiiiiiiiirt off

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

You don't need Harsin to do NIL. That's why Jimbo at A&M wasn't lying. He just told the oil money guys to go and set up whatever for the recruits. Rigby, you can go buy whoever. Pick one and let me know who it is. Or if you're as "rich" as I am, we'll have to form a conglomerate of a few hundred folks to afford a Jimbo type O lineman! 😄

I agree with that, some schools can make it loud and obvious and offset the need to pitch that NIL is an option. But I don’t think we’re one of them, and I’m not saying that our assts who did push NIL had specific names or anything. But I guarantee you they at least pitched that we can be competitive in our offerings and used examples

Based on how Harsin has been depicted, I would think he’s been completely dismissive of even acknowledging such benefits when recruiting, which while illegal, is how our peers (the ones we want to be at or better) have been recruiting since time began 

I still have a couple of unanswered questions:

1) Where the hell was Allen Greene?  Why did this become an "institutional matter" and not a matter for the athletic department? Why was this matter so "important" that Greene and his people couldn't handle it?  Jeff Long (AD at Arky) handled the scandalous Petrino situation pretty much by himself (and did so quickly and professionally). 

2) What was the investigation even about?  All we know is Gouge said that their decision would not be based on "social media rumor."  Fine.  Then why did you initiate an investigation based on those very rumors?  It sure seems to me this is exactly what happened.

3) Let's say there were legit grounds to investigate, then why did it need to be public?  Why did there need to be "statements" keeping us "updated?" In a sane organization, you do this crap quietly.  You interview people and then tell them they are not to talk about what was discussed or face termination.  It's possible things still might leak, but if it does, you just ignore it and push on.  I am sure athletic departments around the country "look into things" all the time and it rarely goes public unless something is found.

• Like 1

This past year has taught me a lot about this program. First, things were very rotten at the end under Gus. It doesn't take an insider to see that things are majorly wrong when you have a QB screaming at your OC, players having to be held back, poor body language, and players dancing on the sidelines while getting beat. The team never bottomed out, however, which caused a lot of fans to think things were better than they were. We delayed the inevitable, and now it's publicly exposed since Harsin ripped it off to rebuild, which absolutely needed to happen regardless of who was hired.

Harsin has also made a lot of mistakes. Thats clear. He screwed up with his coordinator hires. He screwed up with not adapting more to SEC recruiting. He screwed up with how he handled some player relations issues. Where he has not screwed up is running off a bunch of players. He screwed up with how he handled some of those departures, but it was clear that the next coach needed to run off at least 15 guys and turn over the roster quickly.

We want it both ways. We get upset at him losing games, and then get upset when he runs off a ton of guys that contributed to the past few poor years. At this point, it's time to get in or get out. Harsin won the power struggle, and he's the coach. I don't blame anyone who wants to get out and take a break for the next few falls. This site will be here, and the sun will come up again, either with Harsin or the next guy or some guy after that. AU football will find a way

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Facepalm 3

16 minutes ago, au302 said:

This past year has taught me a lot about this program. First, things were very rotten at the end under Gus. It doesn't take an insider to see that things are majorly wrong when you have a QB screaming at your OC, players having to be held back, poor body language, and players dancing on the sidelines while getting beat. The team never bottomed out, however, which caused a lot of fans to think things were better than they were. We delayed the inevitable, and now it's publicly exposed since Harsin ripped it off to rebuild, which absolutely needed to happen regardless of who was hired.

Harsin has also made a lot of mistakes. Thats clear. He screwed up with his coordinator hires. He screwed up with not adapting more to SEC recruiting. He screwed up with how he handled some player relations issues. Where he has not screwed up is running off a bunch of players. He screwed up with how he handled some of those departures, but it was clear that the next coach needed to run off at least 15 guys and turn over the roster quickly.

We want it both ways. We get upset at him losing games, and then get upset when he runs off a ton of guys that contributed to the past few poor years. At this point, it's time to get in or get out. Harsin won the power struggle, and he's the coach. I don't blame anyone who wants to get out and take a break for the next few falls. This site will be here, and the sun will come up again, either with Harsin or the next guy or some guy after that. AU football will find a way

Bo was not the problem. 

• Like 1