It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

2 hours ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Did anyone hear Harsin dad on Finebum? He basically said CBH don’t go after stars he goes only goes after players who show interest and want to come to Auburn.. that won’t work here.. you still have to try to recruit greatest talent available to compete in the SEC.

When you say stars…do u mean 5 stars? I doubt if coaches recruit off what rating a recruiting site gives a kid. I will say he has to adjust his recruiting philosophy to be successful in the SEC. The Boise recruiting methodology will not work. Hopefully he knows now he has to solicit the big fish just as hard as Saban and Smart do, or his next meeting will result in him being canned.

2 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

I can understand wanting Harsin fired for his football failures but being upset that some trumped up allegation didn't stick it downright disturbing.

I don't know who are the ones that are mad at that, I'm mad at the way he is acting as a football coach, which he isn't so....

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Is buddy considered demeaning now? Dang I’m running out of words.

Just because we haven’t  gone to a National Championship since 2013, doesn’t mean our football program was destroyed. Every single season we had hope that if we fixed a thing or two in the off season we’d be there. We always were able to recruit new guys and get guys like Stidham.

A destroyed football program is what Arkansas just went through. We haven’t seen that in Auburn for a long long time. 

stidham was 4 years ago brother. I know that you are hurt over this right now but we have absolutely no say so in the matter.  Your opinion and mine are different as well as a lot of people on here. You say every single season we had hope? Yep hope is about all we had. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

I can understand wanting Harsin fired for his football failures but being upset that some trumped up allegation didn't stick it downright disturbing.

So here's the thing. He already ran off a bunch of players. He already ran off a bunch of coaches, including- by far- his most valuable assistant and recruiter. So is it really wrong to be disappointed that the reports of the behavior that led to those valuable members of the program leaving didn't result in a better outcome for the football program?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

We're realistically looking at a 6 or 7 win season this year

If Harsin wins 6 games or less then I would support firing him. If he wins 8 or more it should be considered a great year given the circumstances.

1 minute ago, Hay Field 101 said:

stidham was 4 years ago brother. I know that you are hurt over this right now but we have absolutely no say so in the matter.  Your opinion and mine are different as well as a lot of people on here. You say every single season we had hope? Yep hope is about all we had. 

Try not having hope because you have 4 WR’s and a stable of PWO’s on your Oline. That’s a different kind of situation.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't chase goalposts.

If you're not actually happy that this dipshit who can't recruit and chases off coaches was retained, and just laughing in a sort of nihilistic way at the PTB getting owned, fine by me.

But it sure seems from that post and subsequent posts that you are in fact celebrating that this particular guy will continue to be our coach- not because of what he's done (I mean, you couldn't possibly be), but because of how he's done it. 

Regardless, you are celebrating perceived egg on the face of a whole lot of people who have nothing to do with hiring or retaining the guy. That's telling.

I am excited and I will stand behind this man egg on my face or not. I thought that's what being an Auburn Man was. 

To all the people celebrating today's news, please provide me specific reasons to believe Harsin is good for the Auburn football program. Responses cannot include the following irrelevant words or phrases:

Big balls

Saban

Dye

3 stars with heart

Work ethic (everyone in SEC football works hard, you dummies)

Media

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I am excited and I will stand behind this man egg on my face or not. I thought that's what being an Auburn Man was. 

Isn’t that what got us in the same trouble with Gus that you claim destroyed the program?

image.gif.bbbcc6c3a637bb1c1399aa3cc56cdfba.gif

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Okay, so our understanding of your initial post to which we responded was accurate. Thanks for clarifying.

As for the Auburn man stuff, I try not to get into that. It's typically virtue signaling of the worst variety. But I'd think that a true definition of it would include wanting what's best for the institution as opposed to one particular representative thereof. 

Edited by McLoofus

1 hour ago, AUnMS said:

For years we have gnashed our teeth and rent our clothes over the interference that the power brokers have had in the program.  This is a step in the right direction there.

It could easily be a step in the worse as well. We - and I include myself - complain about the ham-handed influence of our big money boosters, but without them we're not a top SEC football program. Without them we're still floundering with Gus Malzahn. We allegedly have made a move that is not popular with them, but now we're stuck with Harsin...a guy who is clearly in over his head. If the money does not feel motivated to get involved when this ship inevitably goes further south, we could wake up in 5 years in a situation that makes the UT football saga seem rosy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

To all the people celebrating today's news, please provide me specific reasons to believe Harsin is good for the Auburn football program. Responses cannot include the following irrelevant words or phrases:

Big balls

Saban

Dye

3 stars with heart

Media

This isn’t fair. Harsin’s balls are a very important defining characteristic of his. Harsin and his balls are like peanut butter and jelly.

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This isn’t fair. Harsin’s balls are a very important defining characteristic of his. Harsin and his balls are like peanut butter and jelly.

A year from now we will have no players or coaches left, but we are apparently very well positioned for a ball measuring contest. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

WE DON'T SPREAD RUMORS ABOUT BRYAN HARSIN'S BALLS AROUND HERE. 

What he names them is his business and his alone. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Big balls

Saban

Dye

3 stars with heart

Media

It's good because he didn't let people just make crap up and try to fire him for cause when there was no cause.

If they want to fire him, they can do so and abide by the contract. I have no problem with that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Work ethic. He wouldn’t even get his his f***ing car and ride down the road the Phenix City to recruit.  What does that say about his work ethic? Sounds like his work ethic is wrapped up in working out so he looks good on his Mexican vacations. 

He acted like a man during all this, while his reputation, abilities, and family were all viciously attacked, and you were, and still are, acting like a boy. 

You know nothing about the man's work ethic. He's probably had a pretty good work ethic for a while now, going back to when he walked on at Boise and earned a scholarship as a QB. 

Go rest your overused keyboard fingers so you'll be ready to tear apart whichever next assistant is hired. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Well, I'm not celebrating the decision, thats for sure. And I'm not sure Harsin is good for the program either. Time will tell. But I do think this was the right decision and here is the reason: When you hire a coach you have to give him a couple years to succeed or fail based on results. Also, its not a good look if some hillbilly donor can just throw a temper tantrum and get a coach fired after one year over the authority of the AD.

People are laughing at Auburn right now and its NOT because of Harsin. Its because the program is a circus and its a circus because there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The AD should be the final authority on the athletic department but it doesn't appear that he is.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So here's the thing. He already ran off a bunch of players. He already ran off a bunch of coaches, including- by far- his most valuable assistant and recruiter. So is it really wrong to be disappointed that the reports of the behavior that led to those valuable members of the program leaving didn't result in a better outcome for the football program?

Were the behaviors that caused people to leave wrong? If so, then why didn't they fire him for those behaviors?

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

Big balls

Saban

Dye

3 stars with heart

Media

For myself, like I said a page or two back, I like Harsin's overall attitude, I just think there are some things that he could handle/pursue better. So I do think if he had real eye opener from this and could straighten some of things out and polish up the edges that he could be successful. We will see tho

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

Big balls

Saban

Dye

3 stars with heart

Media

Nice! 😂 

For me; it's all about the recruiting.  I spend 3 times more time glancing at recruiting each week than any other forum because I view that as our future.  Our future is rarely about the X's and the O's; the HUNH once you cross the 50 or the incredible 2 seasons we had with Nick Marshall are exceptions.  Recruiting is a program's lifeblood. 

I would like to wonder if we will do anything different this Spring, but we are talking about Harsin.  

Is there any chance he will take on 5-10 key recruits and go recruit them himself?  Like Saban and Smart do?  You know 'take the lead?'

Any chance? 

Edited by Beaker

8 minutes ago, cbo said:

A year from now we will have no players or coaches left, but we are apparently very well positioned for a ball measuring contest. 

image.gif.538519b67735d7a2b1a3bc55c4ce7382.gif

Harsin walking into the athletic complex ^^

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Really though? He shouldn't have to he is a grown ass man who is a HFC he shouldn't have to have a GD babysitter to tell him he is doing wrong. 😂

But he does🤷

• Like 1