It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

33 minutes ago, au302 said:

This past year has taught me a lot about this program. First, things were very rotten at the end under Gus. It doesn't take an insider to see that things are majorly wrong when you have a QB screaming at your OC, players having to be held back, poor body language, and players dancing on the sidelines while getting beat. The team never bottomed out, however, which caused a lot of fans to think things were better than they were. We delayed the inevitable, and now it's publicly exposed since Harsin ripped it off to rebuild, which absolutely needed to happen regardless of who was hired.

Harsin has also made a lot of mistakes. Thats clear. He screwed up with his coordinator hires. He screwed up with not adapting more to SEC recruiting. He screwed up with how he handled some player relations issues. Where he has not screwed up is running off a bunch of players. He screwed up with how he handled some of those departures, but it was clear that the next coach needed to run off at least 15 guys and turn over the roster quickly.

We want it both ways. We get upset at him losing games, and then get upset when he runs off a ton of guys that contributed to the past few poor years. At this point, it's time to get in or get out. Harsin won the power struggle, and he's the coach. I don't blame anyone who wants to get out and take a break for the next few falls. This site will be here, and the sun will come up again, either with Harsin or the next guy or some guy after that. AU football will find a way

Yes,  AU football will survive.  But at 59 years old, I'm wondering if I'll ever see a season like 2010 again.  TBH, an SEC championship is a long way off.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Bo was not the problem. 

Never said he was the problem. Mentioned his outbursts as one of a few examples I saw of a fractured culture across the entire team. There were and still are many problems 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Yes,  AU football will survive.  But at 59 years old, I'm wondering if I'll ever see a season like 2010 again.  TBH, an SEC championship is a long way off.

No arguing there. Going to have to see some major changes if we want that unfortunately 

10 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Because they wrongly believe coaches have anything to do with NILs. They’re not even allowed to tell recruits about NILs 😂. But yeah, that’s Harsin’s fault 🤦‍♂️

Please tell me u really don't believe that...Fisher and Saban both are on record talking about  NIL

Folks this is really gonna come down to this fall and the 2023 recruiting class. As loaded as the state is next year, if Harsin doesn't get his fair share, that will tell us the answer.. I don't have alot of hope 

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Please tell me u really don't believe that...Fisher and Saban both are on record talking about  NIL

Reread what I said because you entirely missed it. 

13 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Cool. So are the money guys gonna finally stand up and offer some quality NILs?  Hard to recruit this day and age when the money people go into hiding. It’s a simple fact that no one here ever wants to acknowledge for some reason. I guess it doesn’t help pile blame solely on one guy

Usually reliable posters have said that AU was ready to offer the Oklahoma QB $ one million in an NIL deal. The word was that Harsin didn't want him under those circumstances.

To think that the people getting the NIL money together don't consult with the head coach about who to offer isn't rational. Of course they consult before offering the money. Only a fool would offer NIL money to a player the coach doesn't want on the team.

AU boosters have the money and they will pay. Whether he likes the NIL situation or not, Harsin is going to have to get on the NIL bandwagon if he wants to get the quality of player necessary to compete in the SEC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, au302 said:

Never said he was the problem. Mentioned his outbursts as one of a few examples I saw of a fractured culture across the entire team. There were and still are many problems 

To be fair, he had a lot of those with Malzahn and Co as well, especially with Chad Morris. 

Word around town is Harsin contacted Bo Pelini and Will Muschamp to replace Derek Mason as our DC but both guys turned down the job because they didn't want to work for such a hardass like Harsin. 😉 I kid, I kid

• Haha 1

Apparently Harsin was Mr. Social at the game today. Shaking hands left and right and didn't turn down one picture request. Supposedly sat by Gogue a lot and was also spotted talking with Etheridge in a suite after the game.

One poster on On3 said they've apparently had good discussions yesterday and that Harsin realizes he needs to change some things. We'll see. I have a hard time believing it but I truly hope

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, au302 said:

Apparently Harsin was Mr. Social at the game today. Shaking hands left and right and didn't turn down one picture request. Supposedly sat by Gogue a lot and was also spotted talking with Etheridge in a suite after the game.

One poster on On3 said they've apparently had good discussions yesterday and that Harsin realizes he needs to change some things. We'll see. I have a hard time believing it but I truly hope

Hopefully discussing recruiting plans with Etheridge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Apparently Harsin was Mr. Social at the game today. Shaking hands left and right and didn't turn down one picture request.

perhaps he had a conversation with CBP?

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Hopefully discussing recruiting plans with Etheridge.

You and me both brother. If I were him I'd pretty much turn all of recruiting over to him

Guest MustardSeed
8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Usually reliable posters have said that AU was ready to offer the Oklahoma QB $ one million in an NIL deal. The word was that Harsin didn't want him under those circumstances.

To think that the people getting the NIL money together don't consult with the head coach about who to offer isn't rational. Of course they consult before offering the money. Only a fool would offer NIL money to a player the coach doesn't want on the team.

AU boosters have the money and they will pay. Whether he likes the NIL situation or not, Harsin is going to have to get on the NIL bandwagon if he wants to get the quality of player necessary to compete in the SEC.

Usually reliable posters also said Harsin was finished…..

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Also been said it’s a hell of a lot more complicated/messy than that. Remember, we hired somebody that was thought to be something of a surrogate?  He disappeared…..

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Also been said it’s a hell of a lot more complicated/messy than that. Remember, we hired somebody that was thought to be something of a surrogate?  He disappeared…..

A surrogate what? Mother? I don't recall AU hiring a surrogate anything.

5 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Usually reliable posters also said Harsin was finished…..

Tank and Pappoe got some very nice incentives to play at AU another year. What makes you think there wasn't money on the table for a top QB transfer?

• Facepalm 2

I'm just glad this is all officially over....at least for the time being.  It should have never happened publicly like it did and the end result is that a hard job to start with is now going to be even harder.  Think about what we all saw in the last few years of Gus's tenure.  Our O Line getting beat off the line and pushed into the backfield routinely by teams full of 2 star and unranked players.  Sloppy pass routes and more dropped passes than you can count.  Zero QB depth.  Lots of penalties on both sides of the ball.  Players taking plays off during the game then yelling at each other on the sideline if they weren't laughing and joking it up despite losing the game.  It really was BAD.  A true sh*t show really if you think about it.  I truly hope that Harsin is trying to rebuild the program into a hard-nosed disciplined team with players that give 100% when on the field and do what the coaches say or they do not play.  He probably is a real hard-ass on the practice field and a lot of these guys who were big shots in high school and never got yelled at or told NO are having a hard time adapting.  If he can build a winning team with 3 and 4 star talent then we will naturally start getting more of the top recruits.  Look at how Pearl changed the basketball program.  He took a bunch of guys that we NOT highly recruited and made them winners thru sheer effort and discipline.  Once Auburn started winning then we started seeing the recruiting improve to the point now where he is signing 5 stars regularly, and the 5 stars he gets play as TEAM players and not spoiled and selfish brats.  Just my .02 cents. 

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 2/11/2022 at 12:10 PM, VegasEagle said:

Deon-Sanders-1.jpg

People made fun of this idea which I posted about after Gus was fired. They said not time as head coach, and, maybe they were right.  Then the second round of me posting Sanders as a replacement, and, once again major push back. Now, just half a year later, people are seeing the light about Prime Time

• Love 1
  • Haha 1