It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

It was JABA that the PTB were involved in trying to run him out. It was JABA because he wasn't let go. You all are some of the most fickle ass people ever. Damned if we do. Damned if we don't.

Just let the man do his job and if what he puts on the field next year sucks then let him be gone. 

Nothing that is said on here will change that anyway, one way or other.

• Thanks 1

This just bad all around. We were struggling before this BS started now it’s gone look uglier. Recruiting was already struggling but now the negative recruiting that’s gone happen against Auburn will be ramped up to 100.

The only thing that will solve this is winning but Harsin got too much stacked against him. No new OL, even less weapons than we had before and our DC is gone.... sheesh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

So here's the thing. He already ran off a bunch of players. He already ran off a bunch of coaches, including- by far- his most valuable assistant and recruiter. So is it really wrong to be disappointed that the reports of the behavior that led to those valuable members of the program leaving didn't result in a better outcome for the football program?

So you believe that every player that left was “run off” by Harsin. Not one left for any other reason! Just same old crap. Same old made up crap.

• Like 4

Helluva position they have put Harsin (deserved or not) and the entire football program in.  I think we'll get hammered in recruiting for the next couple of years, maybe longer.  All Saban or Smart or any other coach in the nation has to say is "Do  you want to go to a place that is so dysfunctional they can't get out of their own way?"  I'm not sure how long this will impact the program but I think it'll be years whether Harsin is the head coach or not.

For the life of me I cannot understand why some people put their egos above their "love" for the University.  

Edited by auelvis87
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, au4life77 said:

I don't want to sound like a sunshine pumper for Harsin because I know there are problems, but we did have a top 20 recruiting class. If Harsin has a winning season that will only improve. Also, Harsin would have won 9 games last year if Nix hadn't got hurt. We have to remember that.

At this point I give Harsin's chance of success probably less that 50%, especially after this fiasco. It is what it is. We have to roll with it.

I mean we don’t have a choice at this point so it is what it is which is fine. I won’t be shocked to see him win some games and I obviously hope that’s the case. The recruiting is gonna have to pick up big time though, top 20 is fine if it didn’t put us something like 8th in our own conference. We are way behind. 

Edited by NoALtiger

Should be easy to get a seat to see the Eagle fly and the band play. 

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So... think an announcement forthcoming from AU.. or we just supposed to forget last 7 days?

Is the neurolizer from Men in Black a real thing?

• Haha 1

Now Harsin needs to halt the transfer bleeding, find players who want to transfer here and hire assistants that can successfully coach in the SEC.  None of that is easy and Harsin will need support to accomplish any of this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

He has a portion of last year's terrible offensive line returning with almost zero depth, practically no wide receivers, lost most of our playmakers on defense and the schedule is more difficult than this past year's. If he improves on this year's record, he not only should win coach of the year, I'd be a little upset at how inept he looked last year. Personally, I think we're lucky to win 5 games. I think even with the better coaches in the league, we'd struggle to get our heads above .500 with what we have coming back. 

Do you think we'll get no one in the transfer portal? Not trolling, just asking. I have no idea how if you think recruiting is your head coaches' achilles heel, you go ahead and cut both legs off at the knees and make it better. It's unbelievable to me how inept we are as an institution. I've heard everyone that matters say Jetgate was worse, but I was there and I disagree. 

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Except Saban’s way actually works and doesn’t involve blowing off recruiting.  

I'm sure at least a few of Saban's recruits have been blown.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Yes I am. 

You know half of our receivers have never caught a ball in a college football game?  HALF  

It'll be ok. Half our receivers last year never caught a ball thrown directly into their hands during a college football game.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

"his assistants"  "his" keep quitting

OL Better Next 2 years  It's not going to be any better & in 23 it's shaping up to be an absolute disaster

TE Position ✔️ OK, fine.  Yes

Defense will Attack  

Tank Heisman  not with that OL

One of the QBs ⁉️ Eh, they all suck.  Smallest midget

4 / 6.  1 Push

QBs don't all suck. 

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

TF is wrong with you guys?

Where did I say every single one?

Why do y'all have to make the conversation be like this? 

Yup. Losing season. Made up. No players signed on signing day. Made up. Nineteen players in the portal to only five coming back the other way. Made up. Mason taking a FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND dollar pay cut to work at OKLAHOMA STATE. Made up. We have an offensive coordinator right now. The university just took a huge risk and PR hit for no reason whatsoever. Just seemed like a good idea to make some stuff up for no reason and run with it.

Jesus Christ. Get a grip.

I guess we are actually going to make a martyr out of Harsin now. I don't know why I continue to be surprised around here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We will just be kicking this can down the road until January 2023 when the buy out lowers. One of the biggest examples of a lame duck coach I have ever seen. We all know just like 2018 the only reason he is still here is because they (and rightfully so) do not want to give him 18 million after just giving Gus 20 million. BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTE NO PATH FORWARD WITH HARSIN. NONE!!! UGHHHHH Another AUpathetic fall for Auburn football. Yaaaaaaay......

Which begs the question.. Who was the genius that gave him an 18 million buyout to begin with

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do we expect the team to circle the wagons or fracture even more? The sad part is that the locker room seems to have been divided for a few years now (sideline fighting, dancing, etc.). It's just getting more publicly exposed in all of this

1 hour ago, JuscAUse! said:

Do you think we'll get no one in the transfer portal? Not trolling, just asking. I have no idea how if you think recruiting is your head coaches' achilles heel, you go ahead and cut both legs off at the knees and make it better. It's unbelievable to me how inept we are as an institution. I've heard everyone that matters say Jetgate was worse, but I was there and I disagree. 

The year after jetgate Auburn went undefeated and SHOULD have played for the national championship. Ain't no way anything like that happens this year. Wish it would but but it won't.

48 minutes ago, au302 said:

Do we expect the team to circle the wagons or fracture even more? The sad part is that the locker room seems to have been divided for a few years now (sideline fighting, dancing, etc.). It's just getting more publicly exposed in all of this

It seems like the locker room is all on the same page from what we've been hearing... It's the fans that are whining. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
6 hours ago, TD1 said:

Yeah, that's cool and all but we need talented bodies on the field to do that. 

Cool. So are the money guys gonna finally stand up and offer some quality NILs?  Hard to recruit this day and age when the money people go into hiding. It’s a simple fact that no one here ever wants to acknowledge for some reason. I guess it doesn’t help pile blame solely on one guy