It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

I think he is too stubborn to change. His attitude is fine when things are working. When you are in over your head, that same attitude becomes a real problem. 

Only time will tell, I'm at least giving him a chance at the moment but that is just me. If things are still an issue after year 2 and there aren't signs of progress then I will be in that boat 

• Like 4

We will just be kicking this can down the road until January 2023 when the buy out lowers. One of the biggest examples of a lame duck coach I have ever seen. We all know just like 2018 the only reason he is still here is because they (and rightfully so) do not want to give him 18 million after just giving Gus 20 million. BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTE NO PATH FORWARD WITH HARSIN. NONE!!! UGHHHHH Another AUpathetic fall for Auburn football. Yaaaaaaay......

• Like 4

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Only time will tell, I'm at least giving him a chance at the moment but that is just me. If things are still an issue after year 2 and there aren't signs of progress then I will be in that boat 

you know immediately if a guy is cut out for the cutthroat nature of SEC recruiting. This guy is not. Got to give credit where it is due. @AUwent saw this all along.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Loof, really not trying to be argumentative here, but he can still do things his way and also realize that things work differently down here than in boise and adapt accordingly. Don't we always talk about coaches and their ability to adapt? Time will tell if Harsin will be able to or not. Giving a guy a chance after some year 1 mistakes doesn't make somebody that's not pissed he wasn't fired a Stan 

That's fair. But there are definitely many who celebrate the very qualities in him that will make it harder for him to adjust. Not to mention the pages and pages of intel saying that he simply has no interest in adapting to any SEC way of doing things.

• Like 1

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

Jordan-Hare better start selling alcohol during games this next season. We're gonna need it. 

If anybody even shows up. 😂 well maybe the 1,000 or so people who showed up to his rally and signed the petition might so I guess that's good. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

"I am talking about stabilizing the program and becoming a strong recruiter"

👆This.

IF he still shows cracks in his hires moving forward

If he still fails in Portal...

And IF he makes to December...and our '23 signees ranking looks like our '22 ranking..

He won't be around after that..and those administrators who let him back in...should also be called on it....

hold on...how do you honestly think we recruit at a higher level with the 2023 class than last yr with the easy negative recruiting that is about to take place for 10 months?   I am not trying to throw rocks, but we are going to struggle against most D1 programs, not just against SEC schools. 

you heard how our junior day unfolded?

we had ZERO recruits on campus for the MBB game vs UK.   How is this possible?

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Harsin stans: "I like him because he doesn't take any crap from anybody and he does things his way."

Also Harsin stans: "I think he'll be fine as soon as he listens to some other people and starts doing some things differently."

Hahaha. Shut it down. Loof just won. 

Won GIF | Gfycat

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

In my opinion Harsin kept his job because Auburn  knew it would be on the hook for 18 mill. 

The search that Auburn truly needs is a search for a STRONG athletic director with experience. We need to fill that position with a homerun hire ASAP. 

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No, that's not the answer. That is not what I typed at all. Feel free to state your own thoughts but you'd do well not to attempt to state mine.

I simply asked what he did wrong, and you suggested I read a thread filled with rumors and false allegations. I took that to mean you didn't have an answer. My apologizes.

• Like 3

They went for the throat and missed terribly, and now look like total fools. If we want a competitive '23 recruiting class, they better be willing to start spending on NIL, and Harsin better be willing to accept it. Too bad neither will likely happen

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's fair. But there are definitely many who celebrate the very qualities in him that will make it harder for him to adjust. Not to mention the pages and pages of intel saying that he simply has no interest in adapting to any SEC way of doing things.

If things aren't any different in year2  from that standpoint then I will def be in the other boat. I'm just gonna give year two a chance first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

you know immediately if a guy is cut out for the cutthroat nature of SEC recruiting. This guy is not. Got to give credit where it is due. @AUwent saw this all along.

This may be the first message I've ever seen you send without all caps lol, I didn't count SEC since it's always all caps 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

In my opinion Harsin kept his job because Auburn  knew it would be on the hook for 18 mill. 

Just a drop in the bucket for the wealthiest man in the state of Alabama.

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

He has a portion of last year's terrible offensive line returning with almost zero depth, practically no wide receivers, lost most of our playmakers on defense and the schedule is more difficult than this past year's. If he improves on this year's record, he not only should win coach of the year, I'd be a little upset at how inept he looked last year. Personally, I think we're lucky to win 5 games. I think even with the better coaches in the league, we'd struggle to get our heads above .500 with what we have coming back. 

3 hours ago, AUnMS said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad that we have a coach that has the stones to stand up to the PTB.  Our coach won this pissing contest!  If he can beat our "good ole boys" maybe he can get our team into shape and beat the real opponents.

I don’t know that you are. Maybe with the more vocal!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

There sure are a lot more on the dark side today,  we welcome you with open arms. Just check your baggage at the desk and we have a room ready for you. 

We will get through this together @cole256 @DAG@cbo @Zeek  @McLoofus and others.  🙂

dark-side.gif

Good football teams are good, but bad football teams are funny.

Edit: Just a joke. I am in no way actually laughing at the team.

Edited by McLoofus

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Harsin stans: "I like him because he doesn't take any crap from anybody and he does things his way."

Also Harsin stans: "I think he'll be fine as soon as he listens to some other people and starts doing some things differently."

This is to funny I'm out of reactions so here is an emoji.  🤣

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 1