It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

31 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Now that we know he's staying...i'm torn. lol. At first, I was heated and honestly still mad how a group of selfish entitled people wanted to destroy a person's life and career. 

However, as time has gone on, I'm trying to be positive that he can actually turn this around. But aren't we just delaying the inevitable? I'm normally a very positive person but how does someone survive a horrible work environment? How do we recruit to the level needed to win?

We're realistically looking at a 6 or 7 win season this year at best so immediate winning isn't going to curb the desires for the same conversations to continue throughout the season. Is this yet another situation where we're delaying to come up with the buyout money and to get a better coaching candidate? So many questions i have from this horrendous mess.

If Harsin is able to get 8 or more wins out of this season...he'd be a fricken legend in my book. But I'm just trying to understand how does this scenario NOT end with us getting a new coach?  

7 wins would be a miracle 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TigerTale said:

Were the behaviors that caused people to leave wrong? If so, then why didn't they fire him for those behaviors?

That has been the main point of discussion on this forum for over a week now. There are literally hundreds of pages of discussion about it. Feel free to skim them for answers. I won't be typing them out yet again.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Isn’t that what got us in the same trouble with Gus that you claim destroyed the program?

image.gif.bbbcc6c3a637bb1c1399aa3cc56cdfba.gif

I'm willing to give him more than one season Before I jump in that boat. If year 2 nothing changes and he hasn't straightened up the problems with the missteps in year 1, then I would start to feel differently 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

"his assistants"  "his" keep quitting

OL Better Next 2 years  It's not going to be any better & in 23 it's shaping up to be an absolute disaster

TE Position ✔️ OK, fine.  Yes

Defense will Attack  

Tank Heisman  not with that OL

One of the QBs ⁉️ Eh, they all suck.  Smallest midget

4 / 6.  1 Push

We shall see won't we. You've been right about so much lately (cough cough).

• Like 1

Well, our beloved university didn’t ruin a man’s life and family any further today.   So that part is good.  We did put him in a position to make absolutely certain that he will fail!  He is going to have a hard time finding good coaches willing to fill the vacancies on staff.   And we’ve certainly hindered his recruiting ability, which already sucked!  In short, we’re doomed!   People are talking about mediocrity.   I’m afraid we will be hoping for mediocrity.     

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

But he does🤷

it's sad that he does🥲 

He has to have somebody go behind him now and say hey we need to go down the road to this such and such school so you can rub shoulders with this coach, or you need to go play nice with the media or go to a function so you again can maybe get ahead on recruiting this certain kid. I mean c'mon this is just stupid. Back to back coaches at Auburn apparently needed a babysitter to tell them to do better. 😡

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

That has been the main point of discussion on this forum for over a week now. There are literally hundreds of pages of discussion about it. Feel free to skim them for answers. I won't be typing them out yet again.

So, the answer then is that Harsin has done nothing wrong, but we want him fired anyway because we think he's a bad coach. Again, I have no problem with that...just pay the buyout and be done with it.

• Like 1

Just now, TigerTale said:

So, the answer then is that Harsin has done nothing wrong, but we want him fired anyway because we think he's a bad coach. Again, I have no problem with that...just pay the buyout and be done with it.

No, that's not the answer. That is not what I typed at all. Feel free to state your own thoughts but you'd do well not to attempt to state mine.

Harsin stans: "I like him because he doesn't take any crap from anybody and he does things his way."

Also Harsin stans: "I think he'll be fine as soon as he listens to some other people and starts doing some things differently."

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Well, our beloved university didn’t ruin a man’s life and family any further today.   So that part is good.  We did put him in a position to make absolutely certain that he will fail!  He is going to have a hard time finding good coaches willing to fill the vacancies on staff.   And we’ve certainly hindered his recruiting ability, which already sucked!  In short, we’re doomed!   People are talking about mediocrity.   I’m afraid we will be hoping for mediocrity.     

Yes I am. 

You know half of our receivers have never caught a ball in a college football game?  HALF  

I used the phrase "dead man walking" earlier.   And every coach in the south will easily win every worthy recruiting battle against Auburn.  So yeah, I am hoping we hit mediocrity. 

16 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

It's good because he didn't let people just make crap up and try to fire him for cause when there was no cause.

If they want to fire him, they can do so and abide by the contract. I have no problem with that.

I agree they should have fired him and payed the buyout, like the contract says. 

Here is the thing. Until they get their crap together things will never be any better. It does not matter who the coach is. The BOT, president, boogie man, AD and who ever else need to have a meeting to look at the future. Then get on the same page and back whoever the coach will is 100%. Give CH what he needs to be successful and if he is not, have a plan in place to replace him if he is not. They need to come to the next coach with a clear plan and show them they will have the structure and support to win.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

For myself, like I said a page or two back, I like Harsin's overall attitude, I just think there are some things that he could handle/pursue better. So I do think if he had real eye opener from this and could straighten some of things out and polish up the edges that he could be successful. We will see tho

I think he is too stubborn to change. His attitude is fine when things are working. When you are in over your head, that same attitude becomes a real problem. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Given every opportunity available to be successful at Auburn, I don’t think Harsin could reach and maintain a high level of success.     Now that he has been given multiple huge disadvantages, I see absolutely no way whatsoever that we can field even a halfway decent team in 2022, with the prospects for each year afterwards that he stays getting worse and worse.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Because he was just absolutely crushing it until this last week.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Harsin stans: "I like him because he doesn't take any crap from anybody and he does things his way."

Also Harsin stans: "I think he'll be fine as soon as he listens to some other people and starts doing some things differently."

Loof, really not trying to be argumentative here, but he can still do things his way and also realize that things work differently down here than in boise and adapt accordingly. Don't we always talk about coaches and their ability to adapt? Time will tell if Harsin will be able to or not. Giving a guy a chance after some year 1 mistakes doesn't make somebody that's not pissed he wasn't fired a Stan 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Yes I am. 

You know half of our receivers have never caught a ball in a college football game?  HALF  

I used the phrase "dead man walking" earlier.   And every coach in the south will easily win every worthy recruiting battle against Auburn.  So yeah, I am hoping we hit mediocrity. 

There isn’t a “I fully agree with this post even though I don’t like it one bit” reaction, so I had to quote you.  🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

He acted like a man during all this, while his reputation, abilities, and family were all viciously attacked, and you were, and still are, acting like a boy. 

You know nothing about the man's work ethic. He's probably had a pretty good work ethic for a while now, going back to when he walked on at Boise and earned a scholarship as a QB. 

Go rest your overused keyboard fingers so you'll be ready to tear apart whichever next assistant is hired. 

He may work hard.  He does not appear to always work smart.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

Yes I am. 

Now...I say this as an optimist:

Harsin is halfway smart and could change.   I doubt he does.

Imagine if he could take some of that mule-ish tenancity and use it by recruiting from the front?  Imagine if we have a play caller that really had a 4th and 1 mentality....Imagine if we had a staff that was working in unison...

Maybe Harsin learns from this and does great things.  Tubberville came out of the ashes pretty well for a bit.  I know he had a lot more talent also.  I am talking about stabilizing the program and becoming a strong recruiter.

A coaching search was the only way the 2022 season had any semblance of excitement and HOPE even if it was blind hope. This is the worst possible outcome possible!!!! lol

• Like 2

There sure are a lot more on the dark side today,  we welcome you with open arms. Just check your baggage at the desk and we have a room ready for you. 

We will get through this together @cole256 @DAG@cbo @Zeek  @McLoofus and others.  🙂

dark-side.gif

Edited by autiger88
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Because he was just absolutely crushing it until this last week.

Right!?!?   See my post right above yours.   I think he sucked anyway, but now we’re going to see a level of suckyness that has only ever been conceived in our deepest darkest worst nightmares.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

Now...I say this as an optimist:

Harsin is halfway smart and could change.   I doubt he does.

Imagine if he could take some of that mule-ish tenancity and use it by recruiting from the front?  Imagine if we have a play caller that really had a 4th and 1 mentality....Imagine if we had a staff that was working in unison...

Maybe Harsin learns from this and does great things.  Tubberville came out of the ashes pretty well for a bit.  I know he had a lot more talent also.  I am talking about stabilizing the program and becoming a strong recruiter.

"I am talking about stabilizing the program and becoming a strong recruiter"

👆This.

IF he still shows cracks in his hires moving forward

If he still fails in Portal...

And IF he makes to December...and our '23 signees ranking looks like our '22 ranking..

He won't be around after that..and those administrators who let him back in...should also be called on it....

What was ADAG's quote, "Bryan Harsin brings Auburn hope."

I wonder what his quote would be today about our football program's future.