Bert Watts leaving for NFL

Maverick.AU

He's a good defensive coach (not ST lol), but we can big time upgrade from a recruiting standpoint. Really happy for him though. He's doing something really right to get a promotion like that 

• Like 3

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

BW is very good . Good luck to him . Please don’t spin this as a negative guys . It’s a damn promotion . 

No one wants to coach under Harsin!

• Haha 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No chance it’s a Boise St guy who replaces him right 

Nah, I think we hired em all

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

No one wants to coach under Harsin!

Ethridge didn’t leave for Georgia . 
Caddy ain’t leaving . 
come on Biggie 

i mean we gotta replace like 40 kids and 18 coaches , 12 eagles , 6 ice cream machines.

no big deal 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Caddy ain’t leaving . 
come on Biggie 

i mean we gotta replace like 40 kids and 18 coaches , 12 eagles , 6 ice cream machines.

no big deal 

Just don't get McDonald's ice cream machines...😉

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Caddy ain’t leaving . 
come on Biggie 

no big deal 

I see you're unfamiliar with yellow font...
It was sarcasm.

• Haha 1

He was the worst assistant coach we had on our team.  I’m surprised he wasn’t fired.  Our special teams last year was an absolute mess.

Edit:  I am referring to his special teams work only, for which the Broncos did not hire him to helm.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

He was the worst assistant coach we had on our team.  I’m surprised he wasn’t fired.  Our special teams last year was an absolute mess.

Yes, he sucked so bad that the NFL just grabbed him to coach the same position group he coached here

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He was the worst assistant coach we had on our team.  

Yeah, that's just not true

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Damn I wonder what the NFL saw in this so called worst coach 

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Go get Terry Price now

And James Coley. Those two can recruit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Yes, he sucked so bad that the NFL just grabbed him to coach the same position group he coached here

He isn’t taking over their special teams which is what I am referring to.  

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, that's just not true

Who do you think was worse on our staff?  Our kicking in 2020 took a major step back from 2019.  I lost count how many times the defense got through to block Carlson’s kicks.

Edited by abw0004

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Who do you think was worse on our staff?  Our punting and kicking in 2020 took a major step back from 2019.  I lost count how many times the defense got through to block Carlson’s kicks.

I'll be interested if anyone will say a name.

Worst case we have the chance to really upgrade from a recruiting standpoint. Watts didn't really do much if anything on the trail

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Who do you think was worse on our staff?  Our punting and kicking in 2020 took a major step back from 2019.  I lost count how many times the defense got through to block Carlson’s kicks.

Friend and Bobo for starters. I'd say Corn/Kiesau as well since Corn **supposedly** struggled with coaching and fitting with Harsin and Kiesau can't 'cruit to save his life. The rest are subjective besides Caddy and ZE who are clearly studs. Hell, it's all subjective I guess, lol. Our ST did suck though

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'll be interested if anyone will say a name.

Rich Bisaccia is ready for a redo. But, we should go ahead and buyout Harsin since another coach left his staff.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Friend and Bobo for starters. I'd say Corn/Kiesau as well since Corn **supposedly** struggled with coaching and fitting with Harsin and Kiesau can't 'cruit to save his life. The rest are subjective besides Caddy and ZE who are clearly studs. Hell, it's all subjective I guess, lol. Our ST did suck though

I would agree with Bobo for sure.  I am so glad Etheridge was retained though.  He seems like a really great up-and-coming coach.

48 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Who do you think was worse on our staff?  Our kicking in 2020 took a major step back from 2019.  I lost count how many times the defense got through to block Carlson’s kicks.

Bobo, Friend, or Corn

• Thanks 1