I think we have to root for Calzada

AUght2win

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

After reading this thread and posts with widely different opinions about QBs, I'm wondering what I should conclude😀

It's...only... April...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Well that's false.  I looked it up.

Arkansas St - 2013 - QB Rushed for 540 yards.  teams leading rusher

Boise St 2014 - QB rushed for 590 yards 2nd leading rusher behind an NFL back

🤡

Missed the Arkansas State year. So his first two years as a head coach, a decade ago, and from that point on, when he could actually recruit his own QBs and implement his system - nothing.

Yeah you totally proved your point. 💀💀💀

Just now, bigbird said:

Never called YOU stupid, just your stance. I can understand your confusion.

You don’t understand much of anything except condescension. 

7 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

How is he dependable? I’ll pass. He can’t stay healthy. 

He may or may not be dependable but there's a very good chance he's more talented than what we've got. Which is two guys who have never played and two guys who... were injured last year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

You can be both be mobile and not go over 400 yards. Can you not logically see that?

Dude. Your posts keep getting more incoherent. Of course you can be physically mobile and not use your legs. That isn’t what we are talking about here. I don’t think CBH actually holds a grudge against someone who is athletic. That’s insane and surely you didn’t infer that.

We are talking about USING mobile QBs here. Actually running the ball on designed plays with them. CBH does not want to do that.

I think given a choice between catering an offense to a dynamic guy like Ashford, who you could build a successful read/play action offense around, or running a pro style offense with a mediocre pocket passer at the helm, CBH would choose the latter every time. 

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You don’t understand much of anything except condescension. 

Seems one more subject than you.

Let me explain simply for you.

You said ...

50 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Color me shocked...

Which implies that currently you are in shock. Not that you are a perpetually shocked person.

I then said...

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nope, coloring you stupid instead.

Implying that rather than you being shocked at the moment, you are displaying stupidity.

I then explained to you why...

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

For trying to deny that, after the attempted coup and subsequent meetings, CBH took the information and changed his approach completely and for trying to  continue and push your negative and transparent shots. 

I know it difficult to understand the difference between oneself and one's behavior/actions, but at least try.

Incidentally, you may perceive me as condescending, but typically one has to talk down to another when the other is always in a hole he's dug himself 

• Haha 1

Root for the one who can do the best for Auburn and our offense!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Seems one more subject than you.

Let me explain simply for you.

You said ...

Which implies that currently you are in shock. Not that you are a perpetually shocked person.

I then said...

Implying that rather than you being shocked at the moment, you are displaying stupidity.

I then explained to you why...

I know it difficult to understand the difference between oneself and one's behavior/actions, but at least try.

Incidentally, you may perceive me as condescending, but typically one has to talk down to another when the other is always in a hole he's dug himself 

But I am the incoherent one. Such a clueless dude. I don't know how you do it bro lol .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Missed the Arkansas State year. So his first two years as a head coach, a decade ago, and from that point on, when he could actually recruit his own QBs and implement his system - nothing.

Yeah you totally proved your point. 💀💀💀

goal-post-moving.gif

Just admit you were mistaken. The doubling down thing is foolish

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

But I am the incoherent one. Such a clueless dude. I don't know how you do it bro lol .

I'm willing to trade and let you find out. 😁

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Accuracy just isn’t something you really fix. It’s like a guard that can’t shoot. You can improve marginally over time. The only exception is when the fabled “light comes on”, which is a full scale revolution of a person’s abilities. And that’s extremely rare. Mental aspects like reads, pocket presence, and toughness can develop. Some physical things can too, like developing more arm strength. But accuracy is just one of those things that is rarely improved upon.

My next question is: Are Finely's issues related to accuracy or consistency? Is he failing to be accurate due to sheer inaccuracy or is he failing to be accurate due to inconsistency in XYZ mechanics/XYZ miscommunication/etc?

If this doesn't make sense feel free to ignore.

• Like 1

Called QB draw against Arkansas on second and long. "He doesn't like using his QB mobility." SMH 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

My next question is: Are Finely's issues related to accuracy or consistency? Is he failing to be accurate due to sheer inaccuracy or is he failing to be accurate due to inconsistency in XYZ mechanics/XYZ miscommunication/etc?

Ask him if his inaccuracy is due to poor lower or upper body mechanics, weight distribution and follow through, or arm angle, extension, or delivery or is it simply he doesn't anticipate or read well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Called QB draw against Arkansas on second and long. "He doesn't like using his QB mobility." SMH 

Obviously minus Marshall, we saw more called/designed QB draws under CBH in one year than the previous altogether as the HC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Actually running the ball on designed plays with them. CBH does not want to do that.

He did it with Bo last year.  Why did he do it if he doesn't want to?

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He may or may not be dependable but there's a very good chance he's more talented than what we've got. Which is two guys who have never played and two guys who... were injured last year.

I’ll take our chances with what we have. It’s too late to be adding a qb into a crowded room at this point. Zach is already having to play catch up because he will miss spring. I may not like the fact of TJ starting but I will take him over JT at this point. 

I think it would’ve benefited him to stay at UGA unlesss he had a strong chance to start at somewhere like Missouri. Sure Bennett comes back but there’s always a potential for injury. He knows that very well. And it’s not like JT has an extensive great resume. He’s hopping around too much from team to team for my liking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I’ll take our chances with what we have. It’s too late to be adding a qb into a crowded room at this point. Zach is already having to play catch up because he will miss spring. I may not like the fact of TJ starting but I will take him over JT at this point. 

I think it would’ve benefited him to stay at UGA unlesss he had a strong chance to start at somewhere like Missouri. Sure Bennett comes back but there’s always a potential for injury. He knows that very well. And it’s not like JT has an extensive great resume. He’s hopping around too much from team to team for my liking. 

Okay. I'm not really advocating for Daniels. But there are several good reasons to take him.

As for what we've already got, quantity doesn't equal quality. It's not like anyone is going to have a stranglehold on the offense after spring. If a better QB came in after spring, there's no reason not to take him. 

35 minutes ago, Didba said:

TJ actually looked really good mechanically, has good poise, has decent awareness, doesn’t make bad reads. I just don’t think he has the touch. That’s why I think we’ve seen his peak. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He did it with Bo last year.  Why did he do it if he doesn't want to?

No he didn’t. Like I said, half of the rushing attempts from Bo’s previous two years. 57 total rushes in 10 games. That isn’t much at all. 

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

No he didn’t. Like I said, half of the rushing attempts from Bo’s previous two years. 57 total rushes in 10 games. That isn’t much at all. 

So you're telling me ~75 rushes per year isn't "running the QB"

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

goal-post-moving.gif

Just admit you were mistaken. The doubling down thing is foolish

Yes, I was mistaken about him statistically having 2 instead of 1 QB that rushed for 400+. But overall the stats are extremely clear he doesn’t want to run with his QB.

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I never will understand this "we have to root for so and so" thing. 

There is almost zero difference in Harsin bringing in Finley last year and him bringing in Calzada this year. He saw an opportunity to bring in big dudes with big arms with very little effort- did we even have to get on a plane to visit either of these guys?- and he had more than enough room on the roster to do it. He didn't "invest" very much in either of them. 

Dude's job is very much on the line. He's going to make a more educated guess than any of us on who the right guy is. Why we'd root for any specific guy rather than whichever guy gives us the best chance of winning games is beyond me. 

Now, if you just want to say that you think one guy or another is going to start, I bet we've already got some threads where you can do that.

I can't and won't try to speak for anyone else on who they should root for, but I get really nauseous thinking about another year with Jeremy Johnson T.J. Finley at QB1.  I'm rooting for Calzada.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So you're telling me ~75 rushes per year isn't "running the QB"

Yes. We allowed 22 sacks. I don’t know how many exactly Bo suffered compared to TJ but let’s say 20 of them. That leaves 37 true runs. With Bo the majority of those were scrambles. So out of the remaining 37 let’s say 20 more were scrambles. So around 15-20 designed runs per season is not much at all for a QB.

Edited by AUght2win

3 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I can't and won't try to speak for anyone else on who they should root for, but I get really nauseous thinking about another year with Jeremy Johnson T.J. Finley at QB1.  I'm rooting for Calzada.

Knowing that there won't be any favorites played during the competition or the decision process, I don't care who wins. I know they will be who coach thinks is the best. And he is a hell of a lot better at determining that than anyone on here.

• Like 2
  • Love 1