I think we have to root for Calzada

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yes. We allowed 22 sacks. I don’t know how many exactly Bo suffered compared to TJ but let’s say 20 of them. That leaves 37 true runs. With Bo the majority of those were scrambles. So out of the remaining 37 let’s say 20 more were scrambles. So around 15-20 designed runs per season is not much at all for a QB.

If ( as you are stating) CBH doesn’t like to run his QB, it doesn’t matter if he can or not. If he doesn’t want it in the game plan, it won’t be there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Knowing that there won't be any favorites played during the competition or the decision process, I don't care who wins. I know they will be who coach thinks is the best. And he is a hell of a lot better at determining that than anyone on here.

I'm rooting for Calzada.  I hope he proves to be better than Finley.  Because we need better than Finley.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Seems one more subject than you.

Let me explain simply for you.

You said ...

Which implies that currently you are in shock. Not that you are a perpetually shocked person.

I then said...

Implying that rather than you being shocked at the moment, you are displaying stupidity.

I then explained to you why...

I know it difficult to understand the difference between oneself and one's behavior/actions, but at least try.

Incidentally, you may perceive me as condescending, but typically one has to talk down to another when the other is always in a hole he's dug himself 

Considering I, nor any human in the history of civilization, has ever used the phrase “color me shocked” in a non sarcastic way, I don’t think your explanation works well unless you’re saying you were being sarcastic by calling me stupid. 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

If ( as you are stating) CBH doesn’t like to run his QB, it doesn’t matter if he can or not. If he doesn’t want it in the game plan, it won’t be there.

Exactly, which goes back to my point that I don’t think Robbie has a shot. Rightly or wrongly.

Robbie’s legs could potentially set him apart in a tight race of mediocre passers if CBH used that element. But he doesn’t.

As it stands the tie will go to TJ in a close race for reasons I explained previously. But I don’t think we can win with him. Calzada is our best chance. He may not be MUCH better than TJ, but I do think he is better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Then again if the race is close, even with Calzada ahead, if TJ is a guy who the team will rally around, I’d play him. But my hope is Zach comes back, looks great in the summer, and leaves no doubt.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

No. It. Hasn’t. He has had one singular QB go over 400 yards in a season. Most were under or around 100. Look it up.

Having a mobile QB and a QB that rushes for alot of yards isn't necessarily the same thing

• Like 4

Considering I, nor any human in the history of civilization, has ever used the phrase “color me shocked” in a non sarcastic way, I don’t think your explanation works well unless you’re saying you were being sarcastic by calling me stupid. 

giggle-fat-baby.gif

Ooooops...

But to further your education,"color me shocked" is a derivative of the phrase "color me surprised". 

“Color me surprised” is an exclamation that is used to highlight a particular condition or emotion that you are feeling in that moment. Generally, it is used to highlight your surprise at a fact that was just stated or an even that just occurred.

It is important to note that there are various expressions that use the “Color me” phrase. So, to find out what “Color me surprised” means, we have to figure out the origin of the entire qualifier phrase.

The first mainstream record of the phrase “Color me” is from the song Calgary in 1969. It was written by Sylvia and Ian of Great Speckled Bird and it goes like this:

Color that jet plane going

Color me gone.

It can be said that it also originates from the instructions placed in coloring books and it means to provide an appropriate color to someone or something. The noun color first popped up in English at around the early 13th century, with the verb to color following the next century. While the rest of the world uses the spelling “colour”, Americans use the spelling “color”. Regardless of if its spelling, color is derived from color is derived from Latin root words which mean to concealment or covering 

The earliest uses of the word were associated with related topics and items such as pigment, hue, tint and more. However, it appears that color started to be used in numerous figurative senses almost immediately. These tend to regard authority, appearance, and other intangible parts of the society.

Color as a verb has been utilized in various senses, with the majority of them being either metaphorically or literally applying color to something. And it is this point that “Color me surprised” and other phrases that use color are formed. When whittled down “color me…” simply means regard me as or consider me. This is typically used in a jocular sense; however, it can also be used to impart deep emotion as well.

https://grammarhow.com/color-me-surprised/

I bolded some of the more pertinent parts to make it easier.

If you want to use it sarcastically, fine by me. I chose to use it literally.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Having a mobile QB and a QB that rushes for alot of yards isn't necessarily the same thing

This has already been stated. The guy already has it made up in his mind that Robby A. mobility wouldn't put him over the top in a clos race because of his previous assumption of DD not getting no PT. Of course those two shouldn't correlate off the mere fact of limited YouTube videos and A-day reps but whatever.

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

giggle-fat-baby.gif

But to further your education,"color me shocked" is a derivative of the phrase "color me surprised". 

“Color me surprised” is an exclamation that is used to highlight a particular condition or emotion that you are feeling in that moment. Generally, it is used to highlight your surprise at a fact that was just stated or an even that just occurred.

It is important to note that there are various expressions that use the “Color me” phrase. So, to find out what “Color me surprised” means, we have to figure out the origin of the entire qualifier phrase.

The first mainstream record of the phrase “Color me” is from the song Calgary in 1969. It was written by Sylvia and Ian of Great Speckled Bird and it goes like this:

Color me gone.

It can be said that it also originates from the instructions placed in coloring books and it means to provide an appropriate color to someone or something. The noun color first popped up in English at around the early 13th century, with the verb to color following the next century. While the rest of the world uses the spelling “colour”, Americans use the spelling “color”. Regardless of if its spelling, color is derived from color is derived from Latin root words which mean to concealment or covering 

The earliest uses of the word were associated with related topics and items such as pigment, hue, tint and more. However, it appears that color started to be used in numerous figurative senses almost immediately. These tend to regard authority, appearance, and other intangible parts of the society.

Color as a verb has been utilized in various senses, with the majority of them being either metaphorically or literally applying color to something. And it is this point that “Color me surprised” and other phrases that use color are formed. When whittled down “color me…” simply means regard me as or consider me. This is typically used in a jocular sense; however, it can also be used to impart deep emotion as well.

87AE7B74-DA2C-48A8-A31D-31529E79AC4F.jpeg.163d6ef690efb2f2100bf173a4f5b667.jpeg

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You guys love to play semantics. The term mobility in the context of this discussion is about whether or not CBH likes to intentionally run the ball with his quarterback. He does not. 

Wait, what? I thought we were in such a better place without Bo Nix! /s

Edited by AUwent

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

87AE7B74-DA2C-48A8-A31D-31529E79AC4F.jpeg.163d6ef690efb2f2100bf173a4f5b667.jpeg

I'd runaway after getting my little ass publicly spanked too.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You guys love to play semantics. The term mobility in the context of this discussion is about whether or not CBH likes to intentionally run the ball with his quarterback. He does not. 

Name one coach outside of the service academies and flex-bone teams that prefer their QB to "intentionally" run. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think he's against mobility. I think he just prioritizes the other aspects of the QB position.

Even in 2022, the number of guys who are elite passers and offense managers and who are also highly mobile is still very low. 

He may prioritize mobility more than running.  He probably wants a,QB that keeps his head up in the pocket looking for his receivers to break open and buying time in the pocket instead of running out of the pocket. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Name one coach outside of the service academies and flex-bone teams that prefer their QB to "intentionally" run. 

That’s an insanely easy task. Maybe you worded that wrong? The service academies are unique in that their QBs  rush the majority of the time. But nobody is saying Harsin should have a QB that runs more than he passes.

If you really need names of coaches that intentionally run the ball with their quarterbacks, making it a huge aspect of their offenses, we have all the big names: Saban (Hurts era), Dabo (Watson era), Meyer, Kelly, Mack Brown, Malzahn (early years), etc.

If you want current examples just from the SEC - Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas, and Ole Miss all had QBs lead them in rushing this past season.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd runaway after getting my little ass publicly spanked too.

Instead of the long breakdowns of common English phrases, just stick to the unfunny gifs. I really do get suspicious that you might be my 58 year old aunt sometimes. Sense of humor very much on the “minions Facebook memes” level.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

giggle-fat-baby.gif

Color me gone.

Discussion is not complete without these guys. 

Color Me Badd Cmb GIF - Color Me Badd CMB Pose - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Yeah I feel like he is going to tailor the offense to his players best attributes.

What a novel concept!

Haven't seen that in years!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Exactly, which goes back to my point that I don’t think Robbie has a shot. Rightly or wrongly.

Robbie’s legs could potentially set him apart in a tight race of mediocre passers if CBH used that element. But he doesn’t.

As it stands the tie will go to TJ in a close race for reasons I explained previously. But I don’t think we can win with him. Calzada is our best chance. He may not be MUCH better than TJ, but I do think he is better.

I do find it a bit odd that Bryce Young entering the portal isn’t really being discussed. He wants to prove himself in his last year before the draft, but wants to do so with a team that is not a powerhouse. Not saying he would ever come to AU, but it damn sure wouldn’t hurt to inquire. Also, we are currently so far from being considered a powerhouse at this time, it could potentially cost him millions on a contract if injured behind a very weak OL. 

• Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Instead of the long breakdowns of common English phrases, just stick to the unfunny gifs. I really do get suspicious that you might be my 58 year old aunt sometimes. Sense of humor very much on the “minions Facebook memes” level.

Nice well thought out retort.

Psst...now that, is sarcasm.

6 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I do find it a bit odd that Bryce Young entering the portal isn’t really being discussed. He wants to prove himself in his last year before the draft, but wants to do so with a team that is not a powerhouse. Not saying he would ever come to AU, but it damn sure wouldn’t hurt to inquire. Also, we are currently so far from being considered a powerhouse at this time, it could potentially cost him millions on a contract if injured behind a very weak OL. 

Bryce Young is not transferring. 

That’s an insanely easy task. Maybe you worded that wrong? The service academies are unique in that their QBs  rush the majority of the time. But nobody is saying Harsin should have a QB that runs more than he passes.

If you really need names of coaches that intentionally run the ball with their quarterbacks, making it a huge aspect of their offenses, we have all the big names: Saban (Hurts era), Dabo (Watson era), Meyer, Kelly, Mack Brown, Malzahn (early years), etc.

If you want current examples just from the SEC - Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas, and Ole Miss all had QBs lead them in rushing this past season.

I see your reading is on the same level as your use of the English language.

I said, 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Again, I bolded the part that slipped past you for your ease. Also, I used the word "intentionally" as it was your word you originally used  

Your response, although well laid out eludes answering the question. Well, I guess not, you did answer, but as normal you're wrong in your conclusions.

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Was it all a rumor then? 

I think there was an April Fool's joke or something.