I think we have to root for Calzada

AUght2win

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Once CBH committed to Zach, that shut down our QB recruitment. No P5 starters were coming here after that. 

Man. When you're wrong, you really go for it. The commitment is impressive. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well that doesn’t matter, didn’t you know?

And yet, there isn't subversive group...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

So your premise is based on DD not playing. Got it. Kind of called that a page ago. 

What other indicators do you need? Here are some more if you’d like.

1. Bo had barely half the rushing attempts in 2021 as he did in 2020.

2. CBH hasn’t had a QB rush for over 400 yards since his first year at Boise. 

3. We haven’t seriously pursued a single high mobility HS QB since Harsin’s arrival. 

The guy doesn’t want a runner in the pocket. It’s clear as day.

I am actually surprised people are saying that GMs prioritize QBs with mobility when there has been countless debates about how there is a clear objective bias against those types still on-going now. Part of the reason is, the closest QB we have that has one a Super Bowl in that manner has been Cam Newton. I cannot think of another . I am honestly surprised that there hasn’t been a leak of a GM asking MW , can you run some routes for us. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

CBH is not a malleable guy. That much is clear. He’s strictly running his system, much the same as Gus. 

This would be a good point if his history at BSU didn't show him having athletic QBs that run for a couple hundred yards across multiple seasons

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

What other indicators do you need? Here are some more if you’d like.

1. Bo had barely half the rushing attempts in 2021 as he did in 2020.

2. CBH hasn’t had a QB rush for over 400 yards since his first year at Boise. 

3. We haven’t seriously pursued a single high mobility HS QB since Harsin’s arrival. 

The guy doesn’t want a runner in the pocket. It’s clear as day.

Right . He wants a QB to play the QB position. Let me know when you figure out the difference. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man. When you're wrong, you really go for it. The commitment is impressive. 

Sure, sure. By the by, could you give me some examples of a P5 starter transferring into a school after said-school had already brought in another P5 starter from the portal? Want to see how common that is. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Right . He wants a QB to play the QB position. Let me know when you figure out the difference. 

So guys like Cam and Nick Marshall aren’t QBs anymore. 👌

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This would be a good point if his history at BSU didn't show him having athletic QBs that run for a couple hundred yards across multiple seasons

History doesn’t show that at all. One of the points I just cited. 

39 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I saw enough from TJ against Houston. It just isn’t happening. He isn’t the worst we’ve had start in recent memory. Jeremy and Moseley were worse. But I just don’t see his accuracy getting fixed.

I really love TJ as a kid and am really hoping I’m wrong though.

This tells me you didn't watch the Aggies play much.  Calzada has multiple games where he equally bad.  Vs a similar opponent in USC Calzada was actually worse.

Calzada had a single good game out of 12.  He was bad consistently.  The idea that you're picking sides of 2 QBs who were both equally bad and hammering who can't improve their accuracy when the other was equally inaccurate makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Nick Marshall got drafted as a QB? That is not a knock on Nick Marshall either. Cam Newton is an exception lol. Is this guy serious? Go look up how many times RW ran over 400 yards as a college QB. I think Pat Mahomes did it once in his career. I would consider those guys athletic dudes. But the difference is they were pass first. You just want a guy who runs around, doing the wildcat. That does not breed sustained success. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If that's all you can see, so be it 

I like HG as a prospect so it's not a knock on him, but I'm not really sure I see much similar to Josh Allen.  Maybe he has a strong arm, but JA has one of if not the strongest arm in the NFL and also rushed for like 700 yards.  I'm not sure HG is that much of a runner.   Please elaborate tho

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Who wears #3 for the Saskatchewan RoughRiders...as a DB?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Sure, sure. By the by, could you give me some examples of a P5 starter transferring into a school after said-school had already brought in another P5 starter from the portal? Want to see how common that is. 

So you think guys didn't come here because they were scared to compete with *Zach Calzada*?

Why do you think he left TAMU in the first place? Because he's a big time "P5 starter"?

Holy hell man. Get it together. 

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I like HG as a prospect so it's not a knock on him, but I'm not really sure I see much similar to Josh Allen.  Maybe he has a strong arm, but JA has one of if not the strongest arm in the NFL and also rushed for like 700 yards.  I'm not sure HG is that much of a runner.   Please elaborate tho

Size (not there yet, but he's a tFR), arm strength, release, running style.  I could've equally compared him to Philip Rivers in style.  Please note, I clearly said he was not to that level...yet.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nick Marshall got drafted as a QB? That is not a knock on Nick Marshall either. Cam Newton is an exception lol. Is this guy serious? Go look up how many times RW ran over 400 yards as a college QB. I think Pat Mahomes did it once in his career. I would consider those guys athletic dudes. But the difference is they were pass first. You just want a guy who runs around, doing the wildcat. That does not breed sustained success. 

Draft success? No. College wins? It absolutely breeds success. You’ve lost your mind or been in a coma the past 15 years. I’m not concerned with who wins Super Bowls or what GMs are after. I’m concerned with what can be successful in college football. 

Lamar, Watson, Hurts, Mariota, Tebow, Young, Cam, Denard, RG3, Pryor, Kyler, etc. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Size (not there yet, but he's a tFR), arm strength, release, running style.  I could've equally compared him to Philip Rivers in style.  Please note, I clearly said he was not to that level...yet.

I could see him as a Rivers type more than Josh Allen.  I just don't think he's that level of athletic.  He can move around, but Allen is a pretty special runner for his size.  We'll see if he grows another 3 inches to be as tall too 😉

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I thought the argument was that Calzada was the backup to the injured P5 starter.

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Not starters anymore. NM was never NFL QB. Story on Cam isn’t over yet but definitely to the later chapters as a starter in NFL.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Draft success? No. College wins? It absolutely breeds success. You’ve lost your mind or been in a coma the past 15 years. I’m not concerned with who wins Super Bowls or what GMs are after. I’m concerned with what can be successful in college football. 

Lamar, Watson, Hurts, Mariota, Tebow, Young, Cam, Denard, RG3, Pryor, Kyler, etc. 

Lmao. I am done arguing with this dude. You guys can have it. I got roped in once 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought the argument was that Calzada was the backup to the injured P5 starter.

He was. And he left TAMU because he wasn't going to remain the starter. And he came here because our starter actually did go to another P5 school to compete for a job that he probably won't win. 

But yeah, we're going to say that guys like Williams, Slovis and Dart didn't come here because *Zach Calzada* was already here. 

Comical stuff. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So you think guys didn't come here because they were scared to compete with *Zach Calzada*?

Why do you think he left TAMU in the first place? Because he's a big time "P5 starter"?

Holy hell man. Get it together. 

Aaaand there we go. This is the reaction when your point suddenly collapses under evidence.

Portal QBs do not want to go to schools where proven starters are. Period. It’s a risky enough decision to leave a starting gig as-is. Ask current QB2 Bo Nix at Oregon. 

I’m as competitive as anyone but I’m not leaving my job as a P5 starter, picking up my life and moving to a new school, and learning a new offense with a new team unless I’m absolutely sure I’m going to start at my next school.

Calzada isn’t a superstar. But he’s absolutely enough to make 90% of transfer portal QBs (the exceptions being your NFL prospects like Caleb Williams) look elsewhere. 

This isn’t a hot take. It’s just common sense. Only one QB can play.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not starters anymore. NM was never NFL QB. Story on Cam isn’t over yet but definitely to the later chapters as a starter in NFL.

Why are you guys talking about the NFL? Did Auburn join the NFC South or?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I just don’t understand why a coach would be against a QB who could run. It makes zero sense to me. Thats the way the game is going, even on the pro level. Having a QB that can escape and make plays on his feet make your offense so much more dangerous 

It doesnt make sense and doesnt apply to Harsin. Just another board generated rumor waiting to happen.

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

It doesnt make sense and doesnt apply to Harsin. Just another board generated rumor waiting to happen.

Please make sense of this sentence. Is citing stats now equal to a salacious rumor? 😂