Flanigan & Cardwell Testing NBA Draft Potential

toddc

29 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

We are on a roll with national perception.  One of the top 4 winingest programs.  Great recruiting.  National awards. Draftees.  I’d want to maximize as many years in a row as we can to cement our brand to high schoolers.  If we absolutely have to take a small step back due to a lost scholly and can control it, I’d prefer to wait.  We got some historic Mo with our program.  Let’s keep it.

Yeah, I agree unless there is a wing that can really help our team improve and keep the momentum like a Mayer or Nance that would have only 1 year of eligibility. The coaches hopefully have a good idea of who's possible to get this cycle & how likely Flan & Moore can be productive this year. Obviously everyone will probably wish we have more depth next year if there is a significant injury in the wing rotation but we'll see what CBP decides to do. 

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

We are on a roll with national perception.  One of the top 4 winingest programs.  Great recruiting.  National awards. Draftees.  I’d want to maximize as many years in a row as we can to cement our brand to high schoolers.  If we absolutely have to take a small step back due to a lost scholly and can control it, I’d prefer to wait.  We got some historic Mo with our program.  Let’s keep it.

The scholly could end up going to someone who makes an impact but graduate or move on to the NBA after 1 year so there is no need to "take a small step back".

51 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

but we'll see what CBP decides to do.

He's still actively looking to fill the spot FWIW.

20 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We still have to lose one scholarship player over next few years.  There is no perfect time for that.  If Flanigan is improved and Moore is healthy enough and good enough to provide some depth this might be the year to do it. I realize this is fluid but other then SF we have more depth across the board this year then we usually have.  We can play Westry at SF some, maybe even Traore or Jaylin neither is ideal but there is no way to know if in the future we will be in a better position to drop a scholarship. At some point we have to lose the scholarship. I think it will come down to can we find the right player to give us a shot to go far but if not lets go with what we have.  There are only a few players in Portal it might be worth taking assuming we can get any of them. I will be happy with what ever Pearl decides as he knows more about the game in his little finger then I do in my whole body.

Not a perfect time for it, no, but perhaps a better time, when one scholarship isn't being taken up by a big time glue guy, one by an undersized forward coming off an injury, and one by a freshman expected to redshirt. Seems more practical to fill out the roster with a wing who can provide quality minutes this year and worry about the scholarship later.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, ellitor said:

He's still actively looking to fill the spot FWIW.

I hope he does if he finds the right fit and it sounds like they may be waiting to see who withdraws from the draft or not adding anyone if there is not a great fit. 

Here is what Mark Murphy on 247 wrote yesterday: 

In basketball:

*I wouldn’t say it is 100 percent certain that there won’t be any more additions to Coach Bruce Pearl’s 2022 signing class, but it looks unlikely the Tigers will add another player. Pearl, Wes Flanigan, Ira Bowman and Steven Pearl are currently on vacation and their focus on the recruiting front has been class of 2023 and beyond prospects.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 6:56 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

All I wanted to do was make sure the title was referring to Dylan and not another Cardwell, innocent question

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Shaedon Sharpe staying in draft.  Not returning to Kentucky.  Glad he didn't come here and sit all year then leave. Glad he's not playing for Kentucky either lol

• Like 1

He wouldn't have sat on the bench at Auburn. Dude would've gotten some minutes here... or really anywhere else. Cal's position on Sharpe never made any sense. It's basketball not rocket science, and you're telling me your defensive schemes are so complicated that he can play 10 minutes a game? It never made any sense. 

11 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

He wouldn't have sat on the bench at Auburn. Dude would've gotten some minutes here... or really anywhere else. Cal's position on Sharpe never made any sense. It's basketball not rocket science, and you're telling me your defensive schemes are so complicated that he can play 10 minutes a game? It never made any sense. 

Trying to maintain that rep as the player friendly, I’m your best option for the league, guy burnt him 

UK fans hated that ish, I tell you what. NONE of them thought he was actually coming back 

On 5/22/2022 at 9:32 AM, tgrogan21 said:

Just need him to play smart basketball. Has all the physical tools you want.