If America did Split, would you move?

DKW 86

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Saying y’all ain’t reading it right.

I never said I read one word of it. I asked a question. I am so sorry that answering a simple question was too much of a put out.

BBC=Bad Sourcing, we get it now...<er>

So what is it that YOU dont understand here. Maybe we can help you...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I have ro wonder...If you had your way...complete power...or maybe not you, but somebody who could be in power who could reflect your views and disdain for those who disagree with you.....I dont think it would be a democracy you would favor really....I mean I dont see you reaching across the aisle much...lol..

So so what form of government would you have if it was all up to you?...how would you take care of the crazy conservatives?

Not sure I understand the first statement.  You'll need to clarify.

My post you are responding to refers to how one defines "conservatism".

For example, I hold values and standards that could be defined as classically "conservative" - particularly concerning personal finance and personal responsibility. 

As another example, I think the power to make highly personal decisions regarding their own bodies should be relegated to the woman involved instead of to a legislative body.  That seems "conservative" to me.

But today's "conservatism" is no longer conservative in the classical sense.  It's reactionary and fascist, and getting progressively worse.

Regarding our form of government, I am open to considering various structural or voting changes. Our current system is archaic and skews representation.  It provides for far too much minority control.  That's undemocratic.

Examples of possible change would include switching to a parliamentary system and/or ranked voting.  And of course limiting the role of money in how we nominate candidates and fund campaigns is important.

I haven't studied all the possible alternatives enough to have a firm preference (one shouldn't make these sort of changes lightly) but I am open-minded to considering them.  

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

For example, I hold values and standards that could be defined as classically "conservative" - particularly concerning personal finance and personal responsibility. 

As another example, I think the power to make highly personal decisions regarding their own bodies should be relegated to the woman involved instead of to a legislative body.  That seems "conservative" to me.

But today's "conservatism" is no longer conservative in the classical sense.  It's reactionary and fascist, and getting progressively worse.

Regarding our form of government, I am open to considering various structural or voting changes. Our current system is archaic and skews representation.  It provides for far too much minority control.  That's undemocratic.

Examples of possible change would include switching to a parliamentary system and/or ranked voting.  And of course limiting the role of money in how we nominate candidates and fund campaigns is important.

I haven't studied all the possible alternatives enough to have a firm preference (one shouldn't make these sort of changes lightly) but I am open-minded to considering them.  

Good post Brother Homer. I have a problem with a “legislative body” regulating “highly personal” decisions. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Poor logic for him to deduce that’s what I’m saying.

I had mentioned that Biden is doing nothing to secure our borders, short of demonizing ICE agents and appointing a useless “border czar”.  Trump took action and at least attempted to slow the tide of illegal immigration.  He did it while fighting Democrats trying to oppose every aspect of securing our nation.  

Attempting to build a wall, leveraging cooperation from other governments, making people wait for their hearings in Mexico are all steps taken trying to make a difference.  Biden / Harris are doing squat while Fentanyl deaths are skyrocketing as it streams in.  

You then posted an article that was completely irrelevant to the initial comparison and then make a comment about logic?  The comparison I initially made was between Trumps attempt to slow the flow of illegal immigration to Biden’s criminal negligence of his duty.  If you were comparing something else, how about actually making a point?   

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Yes, I would move out of Texas ASAP if it seceded. Probably to Colorado.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I had mentioned that Biden is doing nothing to secure our borders, short of demonizing ICE agents and appointing a useless “border czar”.  Trump took action and at least attempted to slow the tide of illegal immigration.  He did it while fighting Democrats trying to oppose every aspect of securing our nation.  

Attempting to build a wall, leveraging cooperation from other governments, making people wait for their hearings in Mexico are all steps taken trying to make a difference.  Biden / Harris are doing squat while Fentanyl deaths are skyrocketing as it streams in.  

You then posted an article that was completely irrelevant to the initial comparison and then make a comment about logic?  The comparison I initially made was between Trumps attempt to slow the flow of illegal immigration to Biden’s criminal negligence of his duty.  If you were comparing something else, how about actually making a point?   

I can’t help you think.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

I think I'm on a kick to where I'm figuring out that most of us are way closer in thought than I ever figured.....its like little differences get blown way out of proportions to .make it seem like a great divide...its obvious politics are there to exacerbate the differences..just gotta see through it all. Its difficult in a politically dominated era we are in....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I think I'm on a kick to where I'm figuring out that most of us are way closer in thought than I ever figured.....its like little differences get blown way out of proportions to .make it seem like a great divide...its obvious politics are there to exacerbate the differences..just gotta see through it all. Its difficult in a politically dominated era we are in....

Nailed it 

14 hours ago, GoAU said:

Biden’s criminal negligence of his duty.  3.gif.91e04ceada5dc91e1ed599ff32a60c7a.gif

• Haha 2