10 Wins?

AUinMS9528

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Psst...You're intentional blindness is showing.

You notice he never responded to my perceived improvements?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

The previous coach earned support with positive accomplishments. To date the only positive accomplishment by Harsin has hiring Ike Hillyard. That ain't much for 20 months on 

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I count 2 quantifiable positives during his tenure:

Beat LSU in BR.

Established a culture of discipline/accountability within the program (I would bet could be verified with participation reports and S&C records).

Improved the QB room’s depth. Improved Bo’s mechanics. Strength and conditioning program has improved. 

Edited by Didba

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

You notice he never responded to my perceived improvements?

Quit being petty...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

There is no blindness. There is simply nothing positive to look at. Losing season, sub-par recruiting, bad PR, can't find a QB. Probably ran off the two best QB's he had, Nix and D. Davis. Remember Newman's line in that movie: "Show me the money"? There has been no money to see.

Oh Bo was ran off?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

What a wonderfully pointless and petty discussion!

We should all be proud of this.

How many wins do you see ICHY. I still say 10 is achievable. 

1 hour ago, Didba said:

I’m always proud to be in a petty discussion with you 😉

Both of you have participated in your fair share.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Didba said:

Improved the QB room’s depth. Improved Bo’s mechanics. Strength and conditioning program has improved. 

Bo and D. Davis were a better set of QB's than what we have today.

Bo was a third-year starter. He was going to improve anyway. Judging from what's going on now, I don't see anybody on the staff who is improving QB's beyond a certain unavoidable improvement that comes from an additional year of maturity. I guess we'll know a month from now.

Strength and conditioning is improved? Is that why we got shoved around by USCe and Houston?

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Oh Bo was ran off?

Yes, and D. Davis too. When a good QB leaves it's a failure on the part of the head coach to retain him.

Edited by Mikey
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

When a good QB leaves it's a failure on the part of the head coach to retain him.

So who is to blame for Bo leaving?

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Bo and D. Davis were a better set of QB's than what we have today.

Bo was a third-year starter. He was going to improve anyway. Judging from what's going on now, I don't see anybody on the staff who is improving QB's beyond a certain unavoidable improvement that comes from an additional year of maturity. I guess we'll know a month from now.

Strength and conditioning is improved? Is that why we got shoved around by USCe and Houston?

Yes, and D. Davis too. When a good QB leaves it's a failure on the part of the head coach to retain him.

Let's pump the breaks on Davis being a quality D1 QB.  He had 1 "good" 1-AA game.

I tend to agree on Bo...not elite, but I think he's better than anyone we have on our roster right now and think he could be worth a couple more wins this year.

Laying blame on why Bo left though...fruitless...we'll never know and does it really matter?

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

So who is to blame for Bo leaving?

Have a hard time reading, do you? You quoted it, go back and re-read if necessary.

9 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Laying blame on why Bo left though...fruitless...we'll never know and does it really matter?

We do know one thing: The coaching staff failed to retain him and that's an undeniable fact. Does it matter? Only in the overall analysis of what's going on with the football program.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Have a hard time reading, do you? You quoted it, go back and re-read if necessary.

Oh wow...thanks for this!

On 8/25/2022 at 10:11 AM, Viper said:

This is incorrect. The starters were Etheridge, Thorpe, Washington and Savage. Each of those four had at least one year of experience.

T Bell was a nickel back and never started. McNeil replaced Savage after he went down for the season against ARK and was a huge difference maker. Neither had starting experience to begin 2010.

Savage played, and was solid, but I don’t remember him ever being in front of McNeil. McNeil was arguably the best member of that secondary.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:26 AM, Mikey said:

Who wins close games usually depends on coaching decisions that are made in the closing minutes. There will have to be vast improvement in that area before AU wins seven or more games.

Absolutely. Harsin’s game management shook my confidence in him deeply. Hopefully it was just a bad string.

The fade call on the goal line at PSU.
The fake punt against MSU.
The 4th and 1 deep ball at USC.
The series of disastrous calls against UAT.

We can’t afford that stuff in tight games this year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 4:09 PM, bigbird said:

They have. You just refuse to admit or realize they have.

No. Nobody knows that yet. That verdict can only be rendered after we see results on the field this fall.

I’m sure that CBH and the gang *believe* things are better, and that we’re producing champions of life just like Butch Jones did - but how can you say anything is an improvement when we haven’t seen any improvement in quantifiable ways - wins and recruiting rankings in particular. 

We win 8 and have a top 15 class, I’ll agree. Until then, stop pushing this.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 8/27/2022 at 6:50 PM, bigbird said:

Who's mad?

It's comical.  The amount of support heaped upon our most recent failure of a coach compared to the amount given to our current HC is embarrassing.  Those of you, yourself, Mikey, 24, et.al that were the most ardent supporters of Gus would spend hours, post after post, telling the rest of us not to point out Gus' glaring deficiencies. That we should support Auburn and whomever the head coach was.  We did, all the way up to when he proved beyond a doubt he was not the right guy. So why is it different now?  It's not anger you're sensing, it a sense of pity. 

It's one thing to give a man a chance, give him the support needed, and move on after you realize it's not going to work and  entirely different to never give him a chance, undermine, push unfounded rumors, and refuse to publicly defend him.  

As soon as CBH's hire was announced, many, like yourself, refused to give him any support or time to fix the things that Gus left in such shambles. Why should CBH have to prove himself for your support when it was so freely given previously.

What’s interesting is you are in the process of doing this exact same thing with CBH. If you’re so repulsed by Mikey doing it for Gus, why have you been mocking and shutting down anyone who’s been critical of Harsin for the past year?

I was a HUGE supporter of the CBH hire. In fact, I still love it in principle. And I still hope it works out because it would dismantle the idea that the GOB network is the only way to succeed at Auburn. CBH has done some good things. But he has also made some serious missteps.

If he is shown the door in the immediate future, I’ll be interested to see if you’ll continue to be an apologist for the fired coach - exactly what you attack Mikey for being.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

What’s interesting is you are in the process of doing this exact same thing with CBH. If you’re so repulsed by Mikey doing it for Gus, why have you been mocking and shutting down anyone who’s been critical of Harsin for the past year?

If he is shown the door in the immediate future, I’ll be interested to see if you’ll continue to be an apologist for the fired coach - exactly what you attack Mikey for being.

Of course that's what you think.

There's a noticable and notable difference, I've always supported the side that wants what's best for Auburn.

First, removing Gus was the right thing. It should've been done after 2016. Holding on set us behind years, his biggest issue still plaguing the program today. Secondly, firing a coach after 1-2 years sets us back even further.  Impatience is never the right option.  I want to give him time to prove definitively one way or the other he is or isn't the right guy...just like I did for Gus.  Linking your support and fandom to stupid ultimatums and unreasonable expectations is, well...stupid.

What's sad is that the majority of people side with that way of thinking.  It's the emotional and irrational fans, clamoring for CBH to prove himself before he even has had a chance to, that tarnish the Auburn name. Y'all are the ones that make Auburn look unsupportive to the recruits, other fan bases, and media.  It's why we have that reputation.

If CBH is replaced, just as with Gus, you'll see I haven't changed.  My support and desire for Auburn's success doesn't hinge on my HC's vax status or if I like what his wife and daughters wore to a game. 

Being Auburn starts when you're brought into the family, not when you've proven your worth to it.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

No. Nobody knows that yet. That verdict can only be rendered after we see results on the field this fall.

I’m sure that CBH and the gang *believe* things are better, and that we’re producing champions of life just like Butch Jones did - but how can you say anything is an improvement when we haven’t seen any improvement in quantifiable ways - wins and recruiting rankings in particular. 

We win 8 and have a top 15 class, I’ll agree. Until then, stop pushing this.

It’s fair to say wait for 2022 “on the field results” to see positives in the program. If requiring “2022 on the field “ results for positives, also fair to wait for negative results “on the 2022 field results”. JS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

There's a noticable and notable difference, I've always supported the side that wants what's best for Auburn.

First, removing Gus was the right thing. It should've been done after 2016. Holding on set us behind years, his biggest issue still plaguing the program today. Secondly, firing a coach after 1-2 years sets us back even further.  Impatience is never the right option.  I want to give him time to prove definitively one way or the other he is or isn't the right guy...just like I did for Gus.  Linking your support and fandom to stupid ultimatums and unreasonable expectations is, well...stupid.

What's sad is that the majority of people side with that way of thinking.  It's the emotional and irrational fans, clamoring for CBH to prove himself before he even has had a chance to, that tarnish the Auburn name. Y'all are the ones that make Auburn look unsupportive to the recruits, other fan bases, and media.  It's why we have that reputation.

If CBH is replaced, just as with Gus, you'll see I haven't changed.  My support and desire for Auburn's success doesn't hinge on my HC's vax status or if I like what his wife and daughters wore to a game. 

Being Auburn starts when you're brought into the family, not when you've proven your worth to it.

image.gif.586fd3f304b281c18d72cc326e8a0273.gif

I agree. There seems to be a handful of people that are of the mindset that if you don’t want Coach Harsin fired right now, you’re an “apologist”. I believe everyone knows there needs to be improvement and adjustments in many facets of his regime but I’m of the opinion that a coach should get a minimum of 3-4 years to implement his system and style. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:22 PM, Mikey said:

There is no blindness. There is simply nothing positive to look at. Losing season, sub-par recruiting, bad PR, can't find a QB. Probably ran off the two best QB's he had, Nix and D. Davis. Remember Newman's line in that movie: "Show me the money"? There has been no money to see.

I agree with almost everything expect the Davis and Bo Nix post, we don't know how bad or good Davis was. Bo was a shot in the darkness rather he was good in a game or bad and I think it stays that way in Oregon. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

I’m of the opinion that a coach should get a minimum of 3-4 years to implement his system and style. 

Same for me!

Hoping for the best and that the PTB won't have a knee-jerk reaction IF things go sideways this season.  Let the man do his freaking job for a few (4) yrs and let's see what he can accomplish. 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 11:02 PM, Mikey said:

How did you draw that conclusion? Harsin has yet to accomplish anything measurable. Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

'twas an attempt at humor.   Sorry.

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Lol they hate when I talk like this.....as nice as you are sometimes you just have to say stuff without worrying about everybody else feelings.....either it's a family or not. It can't be one way for this guy but another for that guy. Not only if you do that you're not a family you are something much much worse

• Love 2

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

This is the same guy who posted how excited he was not even a week ago. Like I said I’ve seen this story before 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is the same guy who posted how excited he was not even a week ago. Like I said I’ve seen this story before 

The same guy when ANY player left it wasn't a big deal the player couldn't handle big time football and we are better without them. EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

• Like 1