10 Wins?

AUinMS9528

I first thought this thread was about 10 wins but now as I read it turns out to be more of the same old stuff about coaches. Opinions are all over the place and it's amazing how many experts we have. That's going to go on for awhile I suppose. But I'm amused at how Gus is still in so many peoples' head.

10 wins this year......no way and no way any time soon IMHO.

Edited by TitanTiger
keep the politics out of here
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I first thought this thread was to predict a score but now as I read it turns out to be more of the same old stuff about coaches. Opinions are all over the place and it's amazing how many experts we have. That's going to go on for awhile I suppose. But I'm amused at how Gus is still in so many peoples' head. It's worse than Trump in a Democrat's head.

And this week's score will be.......?

Ask your contact in the athletic department who told you the Harsin rumors were true.

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The same guy when ANY player left it wasn't a big deal the player couldn't handle big time football and we are better without them. EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

I get people are cautious but certain individuals who just don’t want you to seemingly find optimism even in little things…yeah we had a 5 game losing streak last year but in every game with the exception of 1 we were competitive . We literally left points on the board . Extra year in the offense and the coaching staff all on one accord is those subtle differences that can swing a gene or two 

Edited by DAG

Late to the party on this one. The biggest issue with the article is that all of the comparison years involved were power run spread offenses. Harsin’s multiple/pro-style scheme doesn’t need the same things. Any offense is more dynamic with a mobile QB. But spread offenses are particularly more dynamic with a mobile QB. In a pro scheme, you really just need a reliable passer that can spread the field with his arm. So, the biggest change I’d make is to just say we need dynamic and consistent play out of the QB position. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

The same guy when ANY player left it wasn't a big deal the player couldn't handle big time football and we are better without them. EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

That genuinely 100% wasn’t me. Got me confused Cole. 

12 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Late to the party on this one. The biggest issue with the article is that all of the comparison years involved were power run spread offenses. Harsin’s multiple/pro-style scheme doesn’t need the same things. Any offense is more dynamic with a mobile QB. But spread offenses are particularly more dynamic with a mobile QB. In a pro scheme, you really just need a reliable passer that can spread the field with his arm. So, the biggest change I’d make is to just say we need dynamic and consistent play out of the QB position. 

Yep! Basic QB play has screwed us and no I am not going to put it all on the line. I am praying we get that out of TJ this year and if not ,

Someone step up and be the man 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

This is the same guy who posted how excited he was not even a week ago. Like I said I’ve seen this story before 

I am excited. Don’t you ever get tired of being so dogmatic?

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I am excited. Don’t you ever get tired of being so dogmatic?

Don’t you ever get tired of extreme exaggerations. You just called one of the most objective posters on here (take a poll) an apologetic. You have some of the worst takes I’ve ever seen at times. I mean your Bo Nix is akin to Colt McCoy was up there but this one is pretty horrible. 

Edited by DAG
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don’t you ever get tired of extreme exaggerations. You just called one of the most objective posters on here (take a poll) an apologetic. You have some of the worst takes I’ve ever seen at times. I mean your Bo Nix is akin to Colt McCoy was up there but this one is pretty horrible. 

And you freak out and condescend when people talk about running back depth. I guess we all got issues.

One thing that would help you is to just argue points on merit. Don’t mischaracterize. In terms of build and athleticism, Bo is very similar. But no, he’s not “akin” to Colt in level of play. Never said he was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

I get people are cautious but certain individuals who just don’t want you to seemingly find optimism even in little things…yeah we had a 5 game losing streak last year but in every game with the exception of 1 we were competitive . We literally left points on the board . Extra year in the offense and the coaching staff all on one accord is those subtle differences that can swing a gene or two 

It seemed like everybody forgot the circumstances on both sides of the field.....everybody was learning a new playbook. D line hardly anybody had played or starting experience, same for the wr. Going from 4-3 to 3-4. Going to a more pro offense.  QB not that experienced with throwing the ball. Guys have to get timing and stuff down.....it was just so much and people complained about the dumbest stuff, like the smallest stuff isn't perfect.

That's crazy to me. Let the team grow and make mistakes. Stop trying to make some guys into superstars that aren't the best and killing guys that's giving everything and being leaders because you don't like the way they walk or talk

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Don’t mischaracterize.

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Bo is very similar.

a·kin

/əˈkin/

adjective
  1. of similar character.

Let me help you there.  

The fact that you doubled down is hilarious. I am not going to derail this any further with you.
Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I thought we were talking about Mikey. That's my mistake. Please accept my apology on that

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

a·kin

/əˈkin/

adjective

1. of similar character.

Let me help you there.  

The fact that you doubled down is hilarious. I am not going to derail this any further with you.

This is really incredible. Like you could actually put this in the Louvre. Do you work in news or media by any chance?

I mean you literally just mischaracterized THAT statement by omitting specifics and context that are right there for everyone to see.

Wow. Just. Wow. 😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

a·kin

/əˈkin/

adjective

1. of similar character.

Let me help you there.  

Also huge shoutout for listing the definition of a word I explicitly disagreed with in use. Hopefully there will be record of this when you decide to take it down or edit it. Man.

This is so great. Thank you DAG.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol they hate when I talk like this.....

This time I'm taking your material...

😁

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Also huge shoutout for listing the definition of a word I explicitly disagreed with in use. Hopefully there will be record of this when you decide to take it down or edit it. Man.

This is so great. Thank you DAG.

Aught,  "low key" I think we would have the best forum podcast with the ribbing we do to each other.

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

No, but you(and another) did create 10 threads a day during the February fiasco and post about 300 times a day about how terrible everything about CBH, his program, and family were.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This time I'm taking your material...

😁

Sometimes there aren't anymore words to use. Like come bro this doesn't make any sense to argue about 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

It seemed like everybody forgot the circumstances on both sides of the field.....everybody was learning a new playbook. D line hardly anybody had played or starting experience, same for the wr. Going from 4-3 to 3-4. Going to a more pro offense.  QB not that experienced with throwing the ball. Guys have to get timing and stuff down.....it was just so much and people complained about the dumbest stuff, like the smallest stuff isn't perfect.

That's crazy to me. Let the team grow and make mistakes. Stop trying to make some guys into superstars that aren't the best and killing guys that's giving everything and being leaders because you don't like the way they walk or talk

I have been preaching this all summer.  It is difficult to switch schemes and we did it on both sides of the ball.  Blocking scheme change was a huge detriment to the success of the run game and going from 4 down lineman to 3 on defense was an adjustment as well.

WRs probably had at least 10 more routes than they were used to. Secondary you know had more complex coverages to learn. I don't even know where to begin to think about the shift it was for the QBs.

Learning a new system is really hard.  Learning a new system in a covid year is nigh impossible

Edited by Didba

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Learning a new system in a covid year is nigh impossible

So is teaching one

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

No, but you(and another) did create 10 threads a day during the February fiasco and post about 300 times a day about how terrible everything about CBH, his program, and family were.  

adfg.gif.b3eb5075b051ea754dccd2c6745561dc.gif

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Criticism is allowed. It is also not mutually exclusive from supporting a team. I’ve been very clear I didn’t want CBH fired, but have been unhappy.

I get nothing out of his failure except disappointment. I want him to win. I want Auburn to win. 

While CBH hasn’t earned being fired, he also hasn’t earned the unconditional support and trust of Auburn fans. It doesn’t have to be as black and white as you guys try to force it to be. You can root for a guy while also being realistic about his missteps. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Got links? Just one day of those 300 posts or even 10 threads in one day (or one month) will suffice.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Got links? Just one day of those 300 posts or even 10 threads in one day (or one month) will suffice.

I wasn't referring to you, but damn you sure react guilty.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Same for me!

Hoping for the best and that the PTB won't have a knee-jerk reaction IF things go sideways this season.  Let the man do his freaking job for a few (4) yrs and let's see what he can accomplish. 

Suppose the 2022 team does as predicted and finishes last in the SEC west. Add to that that AU holds its current position in recruiting rankings and finishes 13th in the SEC, 58th nationally (Rivals).  Do you really think that if that happens the current coaching staff should get two more years?