Prediction for Penn State at AU?

gr82b4au

Can the big uglies step up this week. I expect the senior guys to atone for their lackluster performance last week.  I believe Auburn wins by 7 if they play heads up football and no turnovers 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

I would look back at last years Iron Bowl. We played at a different level.

This is our biggest home game this year. I think our defense plays lights out like we did last year against Bama.

I don't see what our offense will do. Our OL cannot get push against FCS Mercer or Group of Five San Jose State. We struggle to pass block as well. We are going to need a different strategy. Quick, short passes to reduce the effectiveness of the pass rush, and reduce the desire for PSU to stack the box. The QBs and the receivers HAVE to execute. We cannot have QBs locking onto WRs. We cannot have RBs dropping screen passes. High percentage passes have to be just that, high percentage of completions.

So I expect a low scoring game, where field goals and turnovers will play a key role.

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Appreciate it. It has ended on an uptick. Hopefully tomorrow continues the upward trajectory.  The wife is visiting her parents for the week and we don't have kids so its just been a blah week.

Should have told me — I would have brought over a keg!  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

21-10 AU

That would be a statement game for our D. I just worry they will eat us alive with quick slants, which has zero to do with our pass rush. AU really needs this game. A loss here and I think confidence sinks and we see no more than 5 wins this year, which coupled with the current lack of recruiting may very well mean a huge staff turnover. 

IMO, Auburn will play with more urgency and focus tomorrow than last week. Put yourself in the player's shoes last week before gametime. It's SJ State. Are you really going to be pumped up as a player to play those guys. I wasn't excited at all. Especially since the opening game excitement is not a factor. Now put yourself in the player's shoes pregame tomorrow. It's Penn State, a storied program who escaped with a win last year at their place. If Auburn can't play their asses off tomorrow against Penn State, then something truly is wrong with the program. I know I'm pumped.

Auburn 31 PSU 13

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meh130 said:

I would look back at last years Iron Bowl. We played at a different level.

This is our biggest home game this year. I think our defense plays lights out like we did last year against Bama.

I don't see what our offense will do. Our OL cannot get push against FCS Mercer or Group of Five San Jose State. We struggle to pass block as well. We are going to need a different strategy. Quick, short passes to reduce the effectiveness of the pass rush, and reduce the desire for PSU to stack the box. The QBs and the receivers HAVE to execute. We cannot have QBs locking onto WRs. We cannot have RBs dropping screen passes. High percentage passes have to be just that, high percentage of completions.

So I expect a low scoring game, where field goals and turnovers will play a key role.

And an Auburn win, right?! War Eagle!

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

IMO, Auburn will play with more urgency and focus tomorrow than last week. Put yourself in the player's shoes last week before gametime. It's SJ State. Are you really going to be pumped up as a player to play those guys. I wasn't excited at all. Especially since the opening game excitement is not a factor. Now put yourself in the player's shoes pregame tomorrow. It's Penn State, a storied program who escaped with a win last year at their place. If Auburn can't play their asses off tomorrow against Penn State, then something truly is wrong with the program. I know I'm pumped.

Auburn 31 PSU 13

I fully understand your point about getting pumped up for teams that you should roll, but that hasn’t happened through the first two this year. I did state two weeks ago after the Mercer game, that scoring 50 did not mean anything unless we were improving. Last year, the first two games looked good, but maybe that was a facade. We need to handle business at home against basically everyone, because the road games are going to be very difficult. Win tomorrow, be it by 10 points or 1 point, it could do a long way for this team. I am generally a pessimistic person, but I do think we show out on CBS at 330. I’m located in Ga. War Damn Eagle!! It’s time to get angry. 

Auburn Polytechnic Institute - 24

nappy, disconcertingly stained, smelly puma costumes - 22

13 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

It’s time to get angry. 

Indeed! If there's any "there" there, today is the time for it to come out of hiding.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Indeed! If there's any "there" there, today is the time for it to come out of hiding.

Basically nobody has picked us, which we used to be very good in those situations. If our QB can just manage the game and not throw ints then we should have a solid chance. 

• Like 1