*Official Auburn vs. Penn State Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

INT when trying to throw the ball away.  PSU brought 7, disaster.

Bingo, they knew after the Ashford muff that Auburn was behind schedule so they brought the house and TJ didn't even have time to get his feet to throw out of bounds. Basically a tip off to the defense to blitz.

Our coaching is really dismal at the moment.

Just now, DAG said:

You got to trust one guy. It is pointless to bring RA in if he isn't going to throw.

"TJ on a solid tear right now" announcers

--Ashford comes in on 2nd and 8, does nothing 

--OL is terrible again 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Well, others have claimed that they can't make the interim the full time for some reason. But if they're planning on making Rich the full time, just fragging do it. What's even the point?

My guess would be state/federal hiring laws

Just now, AUwent said:

Oregon beating #12 BYU. So glad we got rid of Bo!

Bo was a cancer attitude

• Like 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Finley has literally zero sense of where the rush is. No awareness. 

I'm sure you're watching the game, but, doesn't it seem like its coming from everywhere? 😪

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He was literally trying to throw it away running for 8 unlocked ppl and hit when he threw it

He has to realize the blitz is coming against a horrid OL. Announcers even called it out before the play. His internal clock has to be ticking and realize he either takes the sack or he throws it out way before he gets hit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Even the announcers are picking up on the fact that this comes when TJ is in a groove.

At this point, our staff needs to figure out how to be smart about bringing Ashford into the game.... Sacrifice a slot player in 11 personnel (They're not doing much anyways) and run a jet sweep to get Ashford the ball and/or work some trick passes in this way. The outright swapping isn't working though. 

Perfect.  

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Basically. Keep one in and go with him. The Oline isn't doing a damn thing right now either.

Yeah o line is pitiful. But the constant switching is so dumb. Quit that crap. 

• Like 1

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Basically. Keep one in and go with him. The Oline isn't doing a damn thing right now either.

If Ashford is in, the option has to include a pass.

Just now, DAG said:

Cannot have a turnover right there either...please safe us defense.

Dag “ please save us defense “.  …. lol too good 

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I put that on the coach. Stop with the switching. TJ was fine 

It's too much. Dude seemed to he in a rhythm then we are behind the chains

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well, others have claimed that they can't make the interim the full time for some reason. But if they're planning on making Rich the full time, just fragging do it. What's even the point?

I have no on earthly idea 🤷 I've heard both as well but I can't tell you honestly what's up with what they are doing, all I know is it's Auburn being Auburn. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

He has to realize the blitz is coming against a horrid OL. Announcers even called it out before the play. His internal clock has to be ticking and realize he either takes the sack or he throws it out way before he gets hit.

The play call didn’t help.   Lots of blame to go around.  

I don't know if some of you are blind or what......Finley was trying to throw the ball away when he was hit from behind

• Like 2