For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Wasn't Freeze your choice? U giving up on him ? Or maybe I've got u mixed up with someone else? My apologies if that's the case

Freeze is my primary choice but I am realistic in knowing he has a long shot because of the off field issues. I do think he can be successful here as well. So now , my primary choice would be DS. No baggage, extremely likeable , has shown he can make a marked difference in the HBCU product in a short time that he has been there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Just because it hasn't been discussed publicly doesn't mean there aren't things behind the scenes. Yeah, I know...you can't say it til it breaks...you're right, that's why I was giving DAG the opportunity to verify independently from me.  You may not like it and you may prefer nothing be said before it breaks, but that doesn't change the information being presented.

I'm more than happy not sharing anything else. It's actually easier for me. Again, I don't need any credit, validation, or celebration. I was sharing information that y'all don't have.  What you do with it is on you. It's not about me, although some try to make it that way 

Just PM me when you get good stuff. Mum’s the word. I won’t even tell Golf….

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just because it hasn't been discussed publicly doesn't mean there aren't things behind the scenes. Yeah, I know...you can't say it til it breaks...you're right, that's why I was giving DAG the opportunity to verify independently from me.  You may not like it and you may prefer nothing be said before it breaks, but that doesn't change the information being presented.

I'm more than happy not sharing anything else. It's actually easier for me. Again, I don't need any credit, validation, or celebration. I was sharing information that y'all don't have.  What you do with it is on you. It's not about me 

Verify independently? What am I verifying independently. I am giving my own two cents and piecing things together like everyone else, which to you is laughable. I am not acting like have some serious info to give because if I did, I either wouldn’t share it on the public domain or share it with the knowledge that I would have to produce some verifiable indicators for such information. Is that really that hard to understand ?

Edited by DAG

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm more than happy not sharing anything else. It's actually easier for me. Again, I don't need any credit, validation, or celebration. I was sharing information that y'all don't have.  What you do with it is on you. It's not about me, although some try to make it that way 

What exactly would you like @DAGto verify when you "can't say it til it breaks"??

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is all getting confusing about what is said or what can be said... So, is there anyway that u can give a synopsis of where things stand at this time. I realize you may not can go in depth. But please share as much as possible as it stands today. I'm sure things are changing by the day. Whatever u feel you can say as related to timing of Harsins departure to hiring of AD and new coach etc. TIA

• Like 1

There have been a lot of things posted here from insiders that have panned out and some things haven't. The ones with inside info post what they hear to be true at the time and these things are fluid sometimes. On the flip side Dag and others know what we've all seen, that Auburn, after all of the pomp and circumstance of potentially going bold, will end up playing it safe and familiar. I hope Prime is hired but the fact is that history shows we won't be that bold. Auburn is teetering on being irrelevant for the near future or planting a spear in the ground and telling the rest of the SEC, that we aren't going to self implode any longer. We can't be conservative here. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What exactly would you like @DAGto verify when you "can't say it til it breaks"??

You're right. My bad.

My apologies, @DAG 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

There have been a lot of things posted here from insiders that have panned out and some things haven't. The ones with inside info post what they hear to be true at the time and these things are fluid sometimes. On the flip side Dag and others know what we've all seen, that Auburn, after all of the pomp and circumstance of potentially going bold, will end up playing it safe and familiar. I hope Prime is hired but the fact is that history shows we won't be that bold. Auburn is teetering on being irrelevant for the near future or planting a spear in the ground and telling the rest of the SEC, that we aren't going to self implode any longer. We can't be conservative here. 

I want to say I am totally not against insiders giving information or not. My issue wasn’t even that. My issue was being called out for what I think may happen. You are going to ridicule me because I am forced to piece together things as they come? That is my issue. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

My skepticism remains as to whether Deion would be interested in the Auburn job, but if he is, this is a no brainer of a hire. Upside far outweighs the downside, IMO.

He tried to land the Arkansas job.

What world would be not be interested in a much better job??

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You're right. My bad.

My apologies, @DAG 

Now we can all be friends again 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

My skepticism remains as to whether Deion would be interested in the Auburn job, but if he is, this is a no brainer of a hire. Upside far outweighs the downside, IMO.

Auburn in it's current state would be exactly what would appeal to Deion in my opinion. He has the ego and confidence to take the challenge. 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

He tried to land the Arkansas job.

What world would be not be interested in a much better job??

I mean, I’m not Deion Sanders, so I can’t answer that. Have you ever had a job offer for a job that is “better” than the one you currently have, but weren’t interested in taking? I have. The reasons would be personal. He is in a position to be picky about where he works next. 

17 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

The whole Coach prime thing is dumb.  Would he generate excitement and bring in attention/recruits?  Absolutely.  Has he done anything in coaching that shows he’s prepared to run a $300 million a year program?  Not even close.  

If we want a real program, hire a proven Coach.  If we want to hope to strike it rich w/ a bargain basement gamble, keep hiring athletic directors from podunk schools and looking at coaches that are still 5 years away from even being considered by a rival.  

Hmmm, so we should just hire someone like Harsin since he was a proven coach?

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

The most underrated thing Deion would bring to Auburn is an updated culture change. Some energy, some newness and excitement. Similar to what Bruce has done with basketball obviously. Auburn Football is……a dud to say the least. DS is the furthest thing from that. I love what he does at JSU with his players. Everyone has fun. You can tell.  

This is the best argument for hiring Sanders and one I can support. 

Number one is someone who can build a staff that can recruit and work the transfer portal like their lives depended on it. I'd love to think we'd hire a long term solution, but with college football being what it is, it may be two or three coaches before we get to that point. I think Deion could do that, but I'm not sure he could do that as quickly as others. I hope we can hire an AD with an open mind and a good grasp of where we stand. 

Don't interview him!!

MAKE HIM AN OFFER HE CAN'T REFUSE!!

I remember a story from Bobby Bowden. He was on the list for Bama's coach, he had wanted that job his whole life and expected to get an offer for it and take it. He said the Bama guys called and wanted to have an interview. He said (I'm paraphrasing as I don't recall exactly how it went down) something to the effect of, I'm a public person who has been around a long time, if you don't know who I am by now you aren't going to know me through an interview. They wouldn't give him an offer without an interview and the rest is history. Prime comes from the Bowden tree, don't ask him for an interview... MAKE HIM AN OFFER.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

The stupid thing is some of you are so in love with the thought of something like Rudy. You really think there's a person who can get a team full of 2/3 stars and somehow magically make them champions. 

You love an underdog story so much because you can relate to it you want your team to be that. There is no guy with any kind of experience that can make no talent beat NFL talent.

What you should care about is who would protect the players and make sure they would have EVERY resource to win, and who would make sure the program is doing it's best to supply wins. That's it.

That is not what I think at ALL, what I think is Deion and his staff can go out and get 4 and 5 star talent and work the portal to turn us around in 1-2 years. Our current coach has not done anything in regards to recruiting or the portal and at least I feel that Deion could make the biggest impact by getting much better players than we currently have by far.

I could warm up to the Deion hire, but I don't see it happening:

1. He said himself he's on a mission because "God called him collect". That's stronger than any pine box statement, $1 to xCTT. I take the man at his word, he's there to change HBCUs.

2. I'm not sure some of you realize just how serious his health challenges going forward may be. DS may not have more than 2-3 good years left. At very best, he would make it 5-7, which might be enough, or maybe not. 

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Scribe Tiger said:

Sanders implied to Dan Patrick (or Rich Eisen) that he wasn't hired due to racial prejudice. However when Arkansas was looking to replace Morris, Sanders had no college coaching experience, only a handful of years at the high school level. Pittman had been coaching in colleges since before Sanders ever suited up for Florida State. That's going to beat out a guy with zero collegiate experience every time. 

Which is fine, but that was then, and that was Arkansas. If coaching and experience was the only hang up, he’s proven he can do that now. I understand being concerned initially about coaching experience. Nobody in their right mind would want someone with little to no experience, especially when that is all that most guys have going for them. But not only does he have that now, his pros far out weigh his cons at this point. The guy they ended up hiring had never been a head coach either. In fact, I imagine the only reason he got the job was he had previously coached at Arkansas too. Yet the same people that are crappin on Deion would be perfectly fine with Grimes. 

9 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

“Why didn’t Arkansas hire him?” is a stupid reason to be against the guy. What are your actual hang ups?

Tater, just asking a simple question; "Then why didn't the hogs hire him?" If he interviewed lights out as the AD implied, then what was the reason? Why did the hogs go with a mere OL coach? Had to be something there that tipped the scales against Deion. Was it lack of experience at a P5 school as a OC or DC or what? As for my hang ups as you imply, I just don't flat out trust Deion to get us to the level that we should be at this time. Now, that is only my opinion, and belief, just like you have yours. I think that there are far better options out there for The University to consider. Maybe I'm of the same mindset as the Arky AD; he's a good interviewer, but will he be the HC that will get the job done on and off the field at this level? Apparently the Arky AD didn't think so at the time. 

45 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Now we can all be friends again 

Doc still had a weary eye of their *friendship*.

12 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Tater, just asking a simple question; "Then why didn't the hogs hire him?" If he interviewed lights out as the AD implied, then what was the reason? Why did the hogs go with a mere OL coach? Had to be something there that tipped the scales against Deion. Was it lack of experience at a P5 school as a OC or DC or what? As for my hang ups as you imply, I just don't flat out trust Deion to get us to the level that we should be at this time. Now, that is only my opinion, and belief, just like you have yours. I think that there are far better options out there for The University to consider. Maybe I'm of the same mindset as the Arky AD; he's a good interviewer, but will he be the HC that will get the job done on and off the field at this level? Apparently the Arky AD didn't think so at the time. 

Deion is a risky hire. I think everyone who would support that hire agrees (including me). Sometimes you pass on a risky investment and you end up being right. Sometimes you pass and that decision ends up haunting you for years. Investing in Deion right now is like investing in a startup. He’s either going bust, or he’s going 100x. People have made fortunes taking on investments that everyone else in town passed on. This is how I see Deion, and in my very uneducated opinion, he’s worth the risk. I also believe that given the current state of Auburn football and college football in general, now is the time to be taking risks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I mean, I’m not Deion Sanders, so I can’t answer that. Have you ever had a job offer for a job that is “better” than the one you currently have, but weren’t interested in taking? I have. The reasons would be personal. He is in a position to be picky about where he works next. 

The logic would work better if he wasn't out trying to find himself better jobs.