Freeze off the board?

W.E.D

5 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Brought a NC when he had right staff. Just couldn’t keep them.

Orgeron got a national champion when he got a transfer QB who had the greatest season in the history of college football. No Burrow and LSU finishes somewhere areound 8-4 or 9-3 that year.

• Like 2

The next Auburn coach has to be a "good fit" for Auburn. "Good fit" meaning - first and foremost - strong support from the (moneyed) supporters.

Good luck with Deion, but I just don't see it happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Orgeron got a national champion when he got a transfer QB who had the greatest season in the history of college football. No Burrow and LSU finishes somewhere areound 8-4 or 9-3 that year.

Well he did have Burrow for two years so it wasn’t instant grits. 

• Like 2

Just now, autigeremt said:

Well he did have Burrow for two years so it wasn’t instant grits. 

people forget this like they don't remember his first year or prior to his second year laughing at "average" Joe. I have always liked his grit however. 

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Agreed with this take. Not possible to recruit worse than Harsin, but yeah, it would be difficult to overcome the negative recruiting. 

Auburn can name GOD as its' next coach, and they would still negatively poison the well against Auburn.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Auburn can name GOD as its' next coach, and they would still negatively poison the well against Auburn.

200.gif

Sanders motivation isn't about HBCU's. I just wish people that don't know would stop pretending that they had a convo with him and do know. In all these threads nobody has spoken more about Sanders wants and needs than the people that don't want him here......just try to form your debates without making stuff up.

I know that will be harder to do but it's actually what you are supposed to do

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sanders motivation isn't about HBCU's. I just wish people that don't know would stop pretending that they had a convo with him and do know. In all these threads nobody has spoken more about Sanders wants and needs than the people that don't want him here......just try to form your debates without making stuff up.

I know that will be harder to do but it's actually what you are supposed to do

Agree to Disagree….early in his time at JSU it’s all he talked about.   Bringing attention and respect back to HBCU’s.   It’s still what he and many others are trying to do.   Don’t understand why That’s problematic or controversial.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don’t disagree with that. Burrow played great, Orgeron brought him and OC in and should get credit for that. Can’t reduce the entire undefeated season to 1transfer player. Regardless though, transfers count toward HC good and poor decisions. If we are going to blame Harsin for Bo leaving (many are) we have to credit Orgeron for Burrows coming. He was not a highly recruited QB when he left OSU.

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Agree to Disagree….early in his time at JSU it’s all he talked about.   Bringing attention and respect back to HBCU’s.   It’s still what he and many others are trying to do.   Don’t understand why That’s problematic or controversial.   

Yeah let's agree to disagree because his main thing is about the kids. He's actually butted heads with many in the HBCU because he's been pointing out how everybody can do better about the kids.....But people who really follow what he's doing are only going to know that. 

If you do very minimal research people are just going to say it's all about HBCU's. He's only been saying you can have a wonderful experience at a HBCU just like anywhere else. He's also pointed out how HBCU's do get less funding than many other places. 

HBCU's never lost respect. And nobody said anything was problematic or controversial. 

My point was just like so many said he's not leaving because he's pledged himself to HBCU's....It's just simply not true. He never said that. So it doesn't make sense to say it here as if it's some common knowledge

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes as with most teams if you take away a first pick talent especially at QB off the team you probably wouldn't be as successful.......that wasn't nuclear science. You can say that about EVERY team

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, eaglenest said:

LBJ once said, "Tomorrow I could walk across the Potomac to the White House, and the papers next day would say, 'LBJ Can't Swim."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

LBJ once said, "Tomorrow I could walk across the Potomac to the White House, and the papers next day would say, 'LBJ Can't Swim."

that man was a hoot. i love him for pushing the civil rights thing. not so much on the escalation in nam. he was talking to the press which included women and he had to tinkle so he whipped it out and did it right there in front of god and everybody

Sorry to be a debbie downer but just what exactly is anyone using as proof that Deion Sanders can be a successful head coach in college football at any level, much less the SEC?? His whole 2 years at Jackson State, or the 4 or 5 years of high school coaching experience he accumulated (not all of it as even a head coach)???  Sorry, but making that leap of faith would be a massive mistake.  Just b/c he was a good player doesn't mean crap in regards to being a good head coach.  In fact, the VAST majority of successful head coaches in both college and the NFL were NOT star players and in many cases rode the bench their entire careers.   The small number of guys that did play who ended up being very successful coaches were mostly QB's in their college days.  I think to be a consistently successful coach in Division 1 big-time football these days you have to be extremely smart with a tightly-focused and highly-driven work ethic.  In addition to those two qualities, the coach has to be likable and able to relate to the kids coming into the program, while at the same time demanding a high level of respect from them.  The other side of it is that the coach should have a strong coaching background, having coached at different levels and at different schools, having been everything from an assistant to a head coach, and preferably spent time at some point coaching under what we consider a great coach already.  I think if AU sticks to those requirements they have a great chance of turning the program around quickly.  

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

Sorry to be a debbie downer but just what exactly is anyone using as proof that Deion Sanders can be a successful head coach in college football at any level, much less the SEC?? His whole 2 years at Jackson State, or the 4 or 5 years of high school coaching experience he accumulated (not all of it as even a head coach)???  Sorry, but making that leap of faith would be a massive mistake.  Just b/c he was a good player doesn't mean crap in regards to being a good head coach.  In fact, the VAST majority of successful head coaches in both college and the NFL were NOT star players and in many cases rode the bench their entire careers.   The small number of guys that did play who ended up being very successful coaches were mostly QB's in their college days.  I think to be a consistently successful coach in Division 1 big-time football these days you have to be extremely smart with a tightly-focused and highly-driven work ethic.  In addition to those two qualities, the coach has to be likable and able to relate to the kids coming into the program, while at the same time demanding a high level of respect from them.  The other side of it is that the coach should have a strong coaching background, having coached at different levels and at different schools, having been everything from an assistant to a head coach, and preferably spent time at some point coaching under what we consider a great coach already.  I think if AU sticks to those requirements they have a great chance of turning the program around quickly.  

You're way behind on the Deion discussion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BHDAU1 said:

I agree. The same people that said Harsin couldn't win here and never should've gotten the job because he was only a G5 coach at Bouse State, are the same one's clamoring for Deion Sanders to be our coach and he has high school coaching and a cup of coffee at JSU on his resume. 

Can Deion talk a great game? Yep

Does that equate to wins at an SEC school sandwiched between Saban and Kirby Smart? Hell no

And when we don't hire him everybody will raise all hell and blame our boosters, BOT and anybody else they can think of. 

• Dislike 1