Allegedly both Franklin and Dabo have spoken to Auburn

AU-24

24 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Hire Carnell for 4-5 million (with incentives) and then put money into the coordinator's/position coaches. 

How many coordinators worth their salt would want to take orders from a 3 year position coach?

• Like 3

Why would Dabo leave Clemson for Auburn right now? He has it made. No competition to get to the playoff, and they love him. Versus leaving there to a school that he publicly has shown hated towards that may never embrace him the way that Clemson has and that’s going to have a lot higher expectations. My guess if there’s any truth to this at all is that Dabo is trying to play Clemson into a bigger contract. 

And James Franklin is laughable. He’s the Gus Malzahn of the Big 10. Always loses at least a game or two he should’ve won. No playoff appearances. And has only been to the big 10 championship like once in his 10 years at penn state. That would be a terrible hire.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

If a coach is getting paid you really think he gives a damn about what school he went too? You think he would sabotage his career just because he was a bammer 🤣🤣

Some of y'all are killing me with y'all's thoughts good lord. 🤦

People have a hard time distinguishing between their fandom and professionalism. Why would an uber successful coach like Dabo sink his career and reputation just to stick it to the school he played for’s rival? Hint: he wouldn’t. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

My biggest fear:

- Dabo gives a verbal commitment to AU to be our next HC.

-AU believes that and quits the coaching search, driving away Kiffin and Freeze.

- Clemson wins the natty, giving Dabo his 3rd at Clemson.

- Dabo decides in late February to stay at Clemson, and we lose out on Kiffin and Freeze.

We wind up with Rhett Lashlee or some other stiff.

In other words, JABA.

Please, talk me off the ledge.

Max go back to bed . Drugs are bad ummmmmm k. Disconnect lol.. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

The little brother syndrome is very strong in this thread 

If that is an insult you missed. I do hear a lot of Bammers say that sometimes. Its like the only thing they repeat that someone else has said. 

My biggest fear:

-AU believes that and quits the coaching search, driving away Kiffin and Freeze.

- Dabo decides in late February to stay at Clemson, and we lose out on Kiffin and Freeze.

In other words, JABA.

Clemson ain’t winning the title this year. I can promise you that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My biggest fear:

In other words, JABA.

Clemson’s on-field product shows they don’t have what it takes to win the natty this season. Maybe make it to the playoffs, but they’ll get trounced by whoever they play. 

3 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slabo is a Bama homer, he would do anything to crush Auburn, He is a Hoover Boy, regardless of his history of coaching, why would we even let him close to the hen house much less give him the keys to it. Run and run fast.  

He's from Pelham, not Hoover.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

No, this isn't true.  Not by a long shot. 

But I sure hope it is and Dabo is our next HC.  He brings much to the table with none of the baggage or inexperience that the other coaches do.

Dabo, Dabo, Dabo.  Go Dabo.

"What's that?"

"I figure it's some guy's name. Some guy named Dabo."

Edited by msza

4 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slabo is a Bama homer, he would do anything to crush Auburn, He is a Hoover Boy, regardless of his history of coaching, why would we even let him close to the hen house much less give him the keys to it. Run and run fast.  

If you look back at only the history of coaches that have worked at both Auburn and bama you would be shocked. I remember brother Oliver's defensive coaching making stops at both schools. Coaches go to the best opportunity. If you offered Saban 25mill per year for 10 years do you think he would blink before wearing orange and navy blue yelling War Eagle? 

25 minutes ago, einatlanta said:

If you look back at only the history of coaches that have worked at both Auburn and bama you would be shocked. I remember brother Oliver's defensive coaching making stops at both schools. Coaches go to the best opportunity. If you offered Saban 25mill per year for 10 years do you think he would blink before wearing orange and navy blue yelling War Eagle? 

You are correct. 

Dabo is the one coach I would say has a higher ceiling than Prime. Because, well, he’s already taken a languishing program to natty’s. Which is precisely our current word problem.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, einatlanta said:

I was at Auburn when we took Brother Oliver from Bama.  ‘‘Twas magnificent. 

• Like 2

good lord ya"ll.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Us Alabasterdians don't like people from Pelham or Hoover.  Helena is okay but not Pelham or Hoover.

Someone is going to shorten that one for you.

10 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Us Alabasterdians don't like people from Pelham or Hoover.  Helena is okay but not Pelham or Hoover.

For us out of state types, this south b’ham feud stuff looks pretty darn intriguing! 

• Haha 1

I feel like the reason Dabo doesn't like the transfer portal and NIL is because maybe Clemson is about to get left behind. It's probably an unlikely scenario for him to come to Auburn, but if he does, he would be a monster hire. And I would look at the ones turning their nose up as fools. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Max go back to bed . Drugs are bad ummmmmm k. Disconnect lol.. 

the hell you say............

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I would take Sanders over all and Kiffin over Dabo but that is just me.  

Exactly. Folks as long as football has played it’s always about the Jimmys and the Joe and not the Xs and the Os. That’s why we need a guy that can bring in the top recruits. That’s why I like Deion. I think at AU he can land the best talent and put us in the map by next year. 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dabo is the one coach I would say has a higher ceiling than Prime. Because, well, he’s already taken a languishing program to natty’s. Which is precisely our current word problem.

Prime as the Plan B after Dabo?

ill allow it.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Exactly. Folks as long as football has played it’s always about the Jimmys and the Joe and not the Xs and the Os. That’s why we need a guy that can bring in the top recruits. That’s why I like Deion. I think at AU he can land the best talent and put us in the map by next year. 🤔

Definitely, if you can "subvert the norms" w a willing to come to auburn deion sanders then you roll the dice and don't look back. 

• Like 1