Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well if it don't. I guess they can learn to love it  LOL

Nah we won't... Auburn will just lose a whole bunch of fans... Bro you can be happy but please explain why we are the only P5 program that has even remotely sniffed his way? Make it make sense? There is a reason no other school went after him. All those skeletons that have been buried are gonna come out if he ends up with the Job. The black eye this institution already has when it comes to recruiting is going to be even worse with him you can believe it if you want to or not. 

Also sidenote I don't understand all this love for him like he did one 10 win season at Ole Piss and the rest was what Ole Miss already does?  Is it because he beat bame twice? oh wow if that's our only measuring stick let's just get Gus back he did it more. What he has done at Liberty for one season was great but again he hasn't shown consistency with sustaining success. We will have 8-5 seasons or even worse with him because again IMO recruiting is going to take a big hit with him. Again IMO. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Nah we won't... Auburn will just lose a whole bunch of fans... Bro you can be happy but please explain why we are the only P5 program that has even remotely sniffed his way? Make it make sense? There is a reason no other school went after him. All those skeletons that have been buried are gonna come out if he ends up with the Job. The black eye this institution already has when it comes to recruiting is going to be even worse with him you can believe it if you want to or not. 

Also sidenote I don't understand all this love for him like he did one 10 win season at Ole Piss and the rest was what Ole Miss already does?  Is it because he beat bame twice? oh wow if that's our only measuring stick let's just get Gus back he did it more. What he has done at Liberty for one season was great but again he hasn't shown consistency with sustaining success. We will have 8-5 seasons or even worse with him because again IMO recruiting is going to take a big hit with him. Again IMO. 

So that’s a no on Freeze? 

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, autiger88 said:

Also sidenote I don't understand all this love for him like he did one 10 win season at Ole Piss and the rest was what Ole Miss already does?  Is it because he beat bame twice? oh wow if that's our only measuring stick let's just get Gus back he did it more. What he has done at Liberty for one season was great but again he hasn't shown consistency with sustaining success. We will have 8-5 seasons or even worse with him because again IMO recruiting is going to take an even big hit with him. Again IMO. 

HF is literally currently part of an ongoing federal investigation into Liberty U for covering up sex crimes.  The girl he sent private messages to in hopes of shutting her up has reached out to Auburn to beg them not to hire him for fear of what he means to the student body.
Sugar coat that Freeze lovers

Would be without any possible hint of any question the worst hire in the history of P5 sports

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Post of the day?!?!?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tigers77 said:

So that’s a no on Freeze? 

Lol I have had the same stance since the beginning not no but hell no. He is up there with UM we don't need him here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Didn’t we say we value alignment as part of our coaching process? Hiring Freeze will destroy any alignment between the admin’s office and fans. It’ll create instant division and disruption. It’s not worth it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Didn’t we say we value alignment as part of our coaching process? Hiring Freeze will destroy any alignment between the admin’s office and fans. It’ll create instant division and disruption. It’s not worth it. 

Those were just words for the camera. 

When it comes down to it, $$$ talks and gets what it wants or the unwashed masses will be made to pay for it.   Maybe 3 years of Caddy, a horrible firing, and then hiring Freeze.   🤣

Yes, it's great to be an Auburn Tiger (if you love drama in your football program).

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, Auburn02 said:

I'm beginning to think it is apparently not going to be Freeze.

Well it’s been a successful smoke screen to get us to agree on a much worse coach than we were expecting…that’s for sure

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Well it’s been a successful smoke screen to get us to agree on a much worse coach than we were expecting…that’s for sure

Sadly, I’m not sure who we could hire that would have everyone excited.  😩

18 hours ago, DAG said:

They don’t have any answers and that’s not me being rude or a douche. They are getting fed info like other insiders from other sites and they have been wrong . Human fallacy. 

I tried to tell everyone yesterday at 9:30 AM as soon as Pete Thamel got done on College Gameday, AU grad women would not go for Freeze.  Everyone on here told me they'd "move on". The execution of my statements in the locked Freeze thread left a lot to be desired but the meat and potatoes are there. It probably correlates with my friends telling me I drank "too many bloody Mary's"  before breakfast and needed to "relax" if I wanted to go to the game. No longer than 12 hours later the idea is put on hold due to blowback like we've never seen before and women are talking about not donating to OTV anymore.

I broke the Freeze would be too polarizing for AU story!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUGrad16 said:

I tried to tell everyone yesterday at 9:30 AM as soon as Pete Thamel got done on College Gameday, AU grad women would not go for Freeze.  Everyone on here told me they'd "move on". The execution of my statements in the locked Freeze thread left a lot to be desired but the meat and potatoes are there. It probably correlates with my friends telling me I drank "too many bloody Mary's"  before breakfast and needed to "relax" if I wanted to go to the game. No longer than 12 hours later the idea is put on hold due to blowback like we've never seen before and women are talking about not donating to OTV anymore.

I broke the Freeze would be too polarizing for AU story!

But your not sure due to Bloody Marys!!

19 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I've stated it ad nauseum.  I'm not  particularly a Danny Hugh fan. But, I do think he would do well at AU. 

1. He wants to be here

2. QB developer

3. Relationships with high school coaches

4. Relates well to players.

5. Is not Gus 2.0. His offenses evolve

I researched his past on my own. I don't listen to the twitter world when formulating my decisions. I've seen some wild posts about Danny Hugh. Has he made mistakes? Sure he has. His wife has forgiven him. He don't need forgiveness from me . Also, I hear chatter about recruits moms won't trust him or find him sleezy. I got news for those folks. What happened with Freeze and his family is real life stuff. It happens in the real world. All families,  including recruits families deal with real life stuff. Maybe different stuff than Hugh, but still still the same. If I was a recruits parent. I would much rather the coach say look... " I've messed up in my past." Instead of " Look at me, I'm perfect,  do it my way". I've kidded around on here alot about ol Danny Hugh, but I believe in 2nd chances.  Danny Hugh is outward with his faith which only magnifies the venom spewed toward him when he makes mistakes. It's the way of the world ..People of faith mess up...It happens. But he should be afforded to make a mends just like anyone else.. sorry for the long post. Just wanted to answer your ? the best I could.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On another board I read that the 3 major hires made over the weekend had one thing in common - their agent was NOT Sexton. May or may not be true, but if it is it would explain some of the drama that always seems to come with AUs coaching searches. Not all the drama. AU had done just fine manufacturing drama on it's own. The running joke in the SEC is that Sexton gets his client hired and a bunch of others raises in every coaching search.

Just a thought. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I researched his past on my own. I don't listen to the twitter world when formulating my decisions. I've seen some wild posts about Danny Hugh. Has he made mistakes? Sure he has. His wife has forgiven him. He don't need forgiveness from me . Also, I hear chatter about recruits moms won't trust him or find him sleezy. I got news for those folks. What happened with Freeze and his family is real life stuff. It happens in the real world. All families,  including recruits families deal with real life stuff. Maybe different stuff than Hugh, but still still the same. If I was a recruits parent. I would much rather the coach say look... " I've messed up in my past." Instead of " Look at me, I'm perfect,  do it my way". I've kidded around on here alot about ol Danny Hugh, but I believe in 2nd chances.  Danny Hugh is outward with his faith which only magnifies the venom spewed toward him when he makes mistakes. It's the way of the world ..People of faith mess up...It happens. But he should be afforded to make a mends just like anyone else.. sorry for the long post. Just wanted to answer your ? the best I could.

Clearly you don't subscribe to modern day cancel culture. 

35 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

HF is literally currently part of an ongoing federal investigation into Liberty U for covering up sex crimes.  The girl he sent private messages to in hopes of shutting her up has reached out to Auburn to beg them not to hire him for fear of what he means to the student body.
Sugar coat that Freeze lovers

Would be without any possible hint of any question the worst hire in the history of P5 sports

i have a close friend that went to high school with ol hugh. she said he was creepy as hell and we would regret the day we hired him. my friend never makes stuff up and was giving me a friendly warning. so i assume of all the stuff he got busted with he probably also got by with some stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I've stated it ad nauseum.  I'm not  particularly a Danny Hugh fan. But, I do think he would do well at AU. 

1. He wants to be here

2. QB developer

3. Relationships with high school coaches

4. Relates well to players.

5. Is not Gus 2.0. His offenses evolve

Nope. I'm not gonna argue I said my peace, if Auburn hires him it will lose fans it's that simple no need to bring faith into this, that is not the reason he is getting skull dragged through the mud. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Tubs. He beat bammer more than gus. And the liberals on this forum would be ecstatic.

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Tubs. He beat bammer more than gus. And the liberals on this forum would be ecstatic.

That was not my point... Also please don't bring politics into this. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

This x100. There are a lot of people who would hate this hire and have said they will stop watching Auburn football if Freeze is hired. I'm one of them. I have loved Auburn my entire life but I will not watch or support the football team/program if he's hired. I will continue to support and cheer for all of the other Auburn sports, though. We will truly be a basketball school if the Perv gets hired.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have a close friend that went to high school with ol hugh. she said he was creepy as hell and we would regret the day we hired him. my friend never makes stuff up and was giving me a friendly warning. so i assume of all the stuff he got busted with he probably also got by with some stuff.

So now we are going back to take information from someone who went to high-school with him. Not putting down your friend, but this should not be part if a background check, IMO.