Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Prime is a joke and brings nothing to the table that the SEC elite are not way  better at  but his famous name. 

He may be a huge failure, but Kiffin may too and he would've cost $80 million. Freeze will probably cause another #STOP movement. At least Prime would bring talent in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jknighton said:

He may be a huge failure, but Kiffin may too and he would've cost $80 million. Freeze will probably cause another #STOP movement. At least Prime would bring talent in.

he will bring in some talent, but he is not a miracle worker.  The rest of the sec has some good recruiters also.  When he gets his ass handed to him by some of the elite minds in the SEC recruiting will start to fail.   then he brings nothing to the table.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Can’t wait for the search to get carried out till the new year because we’ll be waiting on the NFL coach to finish his season, but then make an underwhelming college coach hire… it’s the usual process.

We seem to have a hard time taking the long view.

he will bring in some talent, but he is not a miracle worker.  The rest of the sec has some good recruiters also.  When he gets his ass handed to him by some of the elite minds in the SEC recruiting will start to fail. 

Sure, it's possible, but what would've happened when Kiffin went 8-4 for 4 years with no wins against UAt, UGA and LSU? We'd fire his ass just like Harsin. Only difference is we'd owe him >$40 million. We're either gonna overpay for a "splash" hire or take a chance on a bargain HC.

5 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Sure, it's possible, but what would've happened when Kiffin went 8-4 for 4 years with no wins against UAt, UGA and LSU? We'd fire his ass just like Harsin. Only difference is we'd owe him >$40 million. We're either gonna overpay for a "splash" hire or take a chance on a bargain HC.

true with any coach,  but Kiffin and others have more to bring to the table than just r a famous name.   Experience comes to mind first.

• Facepalm 1

true with any coach,  but Kiffin and others have more to bring to the table than just r a famous name.   Experience comes to mind first.

For the record, I would've been ok with Kiffin being hired. The risk was high, but the reward could have been historic. Obviously that scenario isn't happening, so we move on.

12 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

@Auburn Tiger   what does Deon bring to the table other than his name that make you think he can compete with the SEC elite?

He convinced the number 1 recruit in the nation to come play at Jackson State. Just imagine trying to get a normal person to come and simply visit Jackson, MS. I have trouble getting friends to come visit Huntsville, and it was voted the number one place in the nation to live. Then imagine trying to convince that player to come play at Jackson State instead of Alabama, Clemson, OSU, etc, knowingly sacrificing the potential for an FBS Championship. Then imagine what he could do at Auburn.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, jknighton said:

For the record, I would've been ok with Kiffin being hired. The risk was high, but the reward could have been historic. Obviously that scenario isn't happening, so we move on.

LK is already a millionaire. In this case, he is choosing to stay where he is as money is secondary to his other personal matters. It happens.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

He convinced the number 1 recruit in the nation to come play at Jackson State. Just imagine trying to get a normal person to come and simply visit Jackson, MS. I have trouble getting friends to come visit Huntsville, and it was voted the number one place in the nation to live. Then imagine trying to convince that player to come play at Jackson State instead of Alabama, Clemson, OSU, etc, knowingly sacrificing the potential for an FBS Championship. Then imagine what he could do at Auburn.

so,  just his famous name.  football in the SEC is about more than just recruiting. Head coach is about more than recruiting and coaching.  The guy brings literally nothing else to the table.  

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, au701948 said:

LK is already a millionaire. In this case, he is choosing to stay where he is as money is secondary to his other personal matters. It happens.

I don't hate him for that. I actually respect his decision and believe that he has truly grown.

9 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Where has Kiffin ever been "historic" anywhere?

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

I’m going to back you on this one. I also wasn’t hot on Kiffin at first because of his behavior at UT and USC. Had to do some digging, and he appears to have legitimately grown up. Still a kid in some ways, but not the turd muffin he was 10 years ago. I could’ve gotten on board with Kiffin. 

What freeze has done is worse, and he’s still getting into trouble. They aren’t comparable. If we make this hire, I’m going to have a hard time supporting Auburn football. I’m going to do it, but I’m going to feel dirty about it.

I’ll take a hard pass. He’s still trolling his butt off on twitter.  

50 minutes ago, AUwent said:

All that said, I feel Deion would make the majority happy.

Caddy > Dieon

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, smackydoodle said:

This is so weak lol I don't want HF here, so that means I don't support any coach other than those three.

I'm fine with Rhule, Deion, Kiffin, and even Caddy if HF is the best they can do. Is that so hard to comprehend?

None of them appears to be an option….so it appears Freeze was next up on the schools list.

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

I watched a little of the game.  Liberty has teeny, tiny unathletic offensive linemen.  QB has no time to breath.

Bad beat down, but probably a sign HF had his mind on other things like a contract with Auburn.

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

so,  just his famous name.  football in the SEC is about more than just recruiting. Head coach is about more than recruiting and coaching.  The guy brings literally nothing else to the table.  

A 26-5 HC record is also pretty notable. 22-2 the last 24 games alone. On top of that he’s an incredible motivator and knows how to manage the NIL system. Deion will win natties somewhere. We’ll be kicking ourselves in 5 years for not having hired him when we had the chance. Hold me to this prediction. I'll be happy to admit if I’m wrong.

Addendum: Jackson State was 3-8, 5-5, and 4-8 prior to Deion.

Edited by caleb1633
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

A 23-5 HC record is also pretty notable. 22-2 the last 24 games alone. On top of that he’s an incredible motivator and knows how to manage the NIL system. .  

Addendum: Jackson State was 3-8, 5-5, and 4-8 prior to Deion.

points taken.    (out of thumbs up for the day already. )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovemytigerz said:

Open post to John Cohen:

Call Dan Lanning back!!!!!  Do what is necessary to bring him back to the SEC before he gets too rooted in Oregon!  

No way he leaves Oregon for Auburn. At this point in time, that'd be a downgrade.

2 hours ago, jknighton said:

Prime option is quickly fading. Amazing how we’ve screwed this up Ps 3 freeze threads at once is one of the known signs of the apocalypse  

image.thumb.png.bcf47c6782ac2bb8c3c9e62424748ce7.png

Edited by auburnatl1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Prime option is quickly fading. Amazing how we’ve screwed this up Ps 3 freeze threads at once is one of the known signs of the apocalypse  

Yep...sure felt like this time was different.

• Sad 1