Full DMs Leaked

Zeek

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

1000% and that’s why he relinquished control of his social media lol

Did he? It seems like he is talking back and forth to Gus haha

Just now, DAG said:

Maybe they gave him up until his presser to get his final tweets and goodbyes in 

• Haha 2

Welcome HC Hugh Freeze!!! There are plenty of us who won't judge your past.  You deserve another chance, and hope you will give it the credence it deserves.

Nick Saban begged the SEC to allow him to hire Freeze, but the SEC wouldn't allow it at that time.

Welcome CHF!!!

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

Yeah, ya'll have made most of the relevant points. Stupid of Freeze to get baited into this, but less a violation than a lot of people want to make this out to be. In the end, she blocked him and that should probably have been the end of it, but she won't let it die. She made it public and trots it out now in an attempt to harm his career. What does she want from him at this point? Nothing--she just wants the attention, and she wants this to follow him forever. She complains that Auburn didn't reach out to her--what could she tell them that she hasn't already told the world?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Anything sent is approved or done so by someone else. My understanding was full control. I’m sure someone is asking “hey do you want to respond to such and such.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jknighton said:

It's open to interpretation. Him saying "I don't understand that mentality" leads me to believe he generally doesn't understand her mindset, but what do I know. 🤷‍♂️

But when the highest profile and highest paid person at your alma mater asks you (a recent female grad in their early 20s) to explain themselves after they’ve chosen not to respond to previous messages, that’s intimidating by design. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The second one bordered on bullying given their power differential.

This. 

People here can rationalize it however they want, that he reached out all is the height of dumb. 

That he tried again, even worse. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jknighton said:

First things first...and most important...Terrible, terrible, terrible idea. Unfathomable that he thought as Head Football Coach of Liberty University that he should hit send on that DM. Stupid decision that hopefully he understands was wrong. The kind of decision normally made by teenagers.

With that being said, he wasn't disrespectful or bullying. You could tell he seemed to genuinely want to reach out and understand her mindset. He has to understand that while his heart may have been in the right place (protecting his friend and football program), you CANNOT get involved in a legal matter.

The legal aspect had already been over for years at the time of the DM. She was also no longer a student, and he may well not have even known she was one of the 12 plaintiffs in a case that didn't hold water. All he had was that she was attacking the University and a guy he considered his friend. 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

But when the highest profile and highest paid person at your alma mater asks you (a recent female grad in their early 20s) to explain themselves after they’ve chosen not to respond to previous messages, that’s intimidating by design. 

He never asked her to explain herself. He said "I dont understand that mentality?". Was his intention to intimidate? I didn't get that from the DM's. Badgering? Sure. Again...it's open to interpretation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The second one bordered on bullying given their power differential.

One more time - she was NOT a student. He had no power over her at all. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jknighton said:

He never asked her to explain herself. He said "I dont understand that mentality?". Was his intention to intimidate? I didn't get that from the DM's. Badgering? Sure. Again...it's open to interpretation.

These aren’t peers. If you want to defend a head coach admittedly “badgering” a sexual assault litigant as not intimidating, don’t go into HR.

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not a “bombshell” of sensationalism, but insight into very recent lousy judgment on his part. The first was poor judgment. The second was far worse and after the person clearly chose not to engage. 

Not really. Many people are sincere in trying to understand others. Those people usually go about it in a way that is different than most of us. 
Sometimes they help the issue and sometimes they don’t. However it’s not anywhere as egregious as the haters want us to believe. 
Moving on.

• Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

These aren’t peers.

You must've missed where I said this was a terrible, terrible, terrible idea and one that the Head Football Coach of the University should know better than to do. Beyond that, there's nothing there. End of story. If there was something there he wouldn't be at Auburn right now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not an hour after I got my AU degree, I was pulled over by the AU PD for driving on campus (illegal then for students). I showed him my laminated wallet diploma (do we still give those out at graduation?) and basically told him to go f himself. I'd have told CPD or the Dean of Engineering the same thing after I had the diploma. Nothing intimidating about it. She had her diploma already. She needs to move on and get attention for something positive in life. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

One more time - she was NOT a student. He had no power over her at all. 

If you don’t think the head coach at Auburn has considerable power to make life very uncomfortable for a young lady after she’s no longer a student you don’t understand the breadth of the term.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Stupid move to do that to be sure, but far from the victim shaming the cult of the morality police were crying about yesterday. Always two sides to the story. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jknighton said:

You must've missed where I said this was a terrible, terrible, terrible idea and one that the Head Football Coach of the University should know better than to do. Beyond that, there's nothing there. End of story. If there was something there he wouldn't be at Auburn right now.

Listen to yourself: terrible, terrible, terrible idea that the job candidate should know better to do- “Great! You’re hired! Can you start tomorrow?”

If you don’t think the head coach at Auburn has considerable power to make life very uncomfortable for a young lady after she’s no longer a student you don’t understand the breadth of the term.

See my post above. 

She was openly and regularly baiting the university and its administrators. She's an attention junkie, and if you read the actual complaint made by the 12 plaintiffs in her case, it's a pretty darn vague and general complaint about "environment". 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Nothing there  worth NOT hiring a coach over.   Mountain out of a molehill.  He should not have done it, but come on people.   

Some people are starting with a faulty assumption and searching for and twisting  evidence to corroborate it. 

its not the only thing. he has a long historic pattern of, how should i put this.....lapses in judgement. going all the way back to his high school stint.

but this particular thing is not a big deal in a vacuum.

1 minute ago, MaxCohen216 said:

The DMs were gentle and non-threatening.  And there is NO CLAIM that he was a sexual predator.  That is a calculated lie. 

His DMs were unwise, but nothing more sinister.  And quite probably TRUE.

Good riddance to any of you fair-weather AU fans who are becoming Bama fans over this.  Good riddance. 

Roll Tide to you.  We are coming for Bama and will overtake them soon.

But hey, don't come back when our pot is full and yours is empty.

Amen brother!

The usual suspects are still attacking. It’s sad really.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Not an hour after I got my AU degree, I was pulled over by the AU PD for driving on campus (illegal then for students). I showed him my laminated wallet diploma (do we still give those out at graduation?) and basically told him to go f himself. I'd have told CPD or the Dean of Engineering the same thing after I had the diploma. Nothing intimidating about it. 

You an engineer?

5 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

The DMs were gentle and non-threatening.  And there is NO CLAIM that he was a sexual predator.  That is a calculated lie. 

His DMs were unwise, but nothing more sinister.  And quite probably TRUE.

Good riddance to any of you fair-weather AU fans who are becoming Bama fans over this.  Good riddance. 

Roll Tide to you.  We are coming for Bama and will overtake them soon.

But hey, don't come back when our pot is full and yours is empty.

There has actally been at least one on here calling him a predator. That's what I'm referring to

Edited by Potatooooooes!!

Listen to yourself: terrible, terrible, terrible idea that the job candidate should know better to do- “Great! You’re hired! Can you start tomorrow?”

So sending a dm to a young lady who's carrying a grudge against an AD and football program years after her case has been dismissed is grounds for him to not get hired by Auburn? Seems a little petty you think?