Coach putting some accountability in place

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Not going to miss that white trash on the field after games 

I get what you’re saying, but trash is trash regardless of skin pigmentation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not surprised . As I said the SEC bylaws require for the AU president to show that precautions are being taken in cases like this. Just like Bruce couldn’t recruit early on. And university should require some conditions for all coaches so they don’t hurt the University. If a coach resist the conditions then the university should not accept them. A lot of money and prestige are in the hands of these coaches also they should have boundaries drawn for them. 

The relinquish control of his twitter rumor has been debunked.   Some people will believe anything as long as it supports their narrative.  

I do not think Freeze had a "Show Cause"  to come back and coach.  I could be wrong tho. 

11 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

The relinquish control of his twitter rumor has been debunked.   Some people will believe anything as long as it supports their narrative.  

I do not think Freeze had a "Show Cause"  to come back and coach.  I could be wrong tho. 

FTR, that screencap I posted was from Pat Forde's article at SI.com

4 hours ago, woodford said:

I’m curious. Were you on the “don’t judge” side or the good “Christian moral integrity” side of the debate??? 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Some more, from Auburn's end:

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 9.49.34 PM.png

CBS quotes HF saying that he hasn't "relinquished" control of his social media.

Hugh Freeze denies relinquishing control of social media accounts after hiring as Auburn football coach - CBSSports.com

36 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

CBS quotes HF saying that he hasn't "relinquished" control of his social media.

Hugh Freeze denies relinquishing control of social media accounts after hiring as Auburn football coach - CBSSports.com

Yeah, I heard it in the press conference too.  And it was mentioned a few posts up:

23 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

That is weak and lame in my opinion. 

Lane is given full control but we have to hand cuff and babystep our new guy. 

You are entitled to your opinion, welsh corgi. LOL

• Like 1

The percentage of coaches who have sons/daughters on their staff is very substantial. A LOT of them. At home, just look at the Auburn BB program with CBP's son as an assistant coach. It is ubiquitous in sports.

As for comments regarding her attire or look -- This is nasty misogynistic sh*te that needs to be shut down on AUFamily. Her attire/look is totally out of bounds.

Now, if anyone has any actual EVIDENCE regarding her INCOMPETENCE for her job .... let's see it.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

You are correct.  He debunked that also in the presser.  He had a choice take the OC job or the HC job at Liberty

Folks, just stop and think a minute. These days, twitter is the MAIN TOOL that coaches use to stay in touch with recruits and current players. There is no head coach in America that doesn't have full use of a twitter account 24/7/365.

This apparently came from the same Pat Forde who wasted months lurking around the bushes in Auburn trying to find dirt on Cam Newton. I thought the funniest incident was when someone tipped him off that Auburn football players were having a party in some Macon County roadhouse and he could get some inside info there if he'd show up and buy a few drinks. Also, that there would be lots of underage drinking and drug use that he could write an expose about. So he went there and bought a few rounds for the lads. Apparently they had been brought in on the deal and they led him on for a while. He finally learned that those guys were Tuskegee players and knew nothing about Auburn. That was a real knee-slapper.

• Haha 7

On 11/28/2022 at 11:26 PM, japantiger said:

Nah.  What you do in a big company is send the people you want to talk to the public thru social media to your social media school and teach them how to interact with your base the way you want it done and in the "voice" you want them to use.  You only take away social media privelidges from those that have no need of communicating with the "market place" or those you don't trust.  

Do you want your guy ( ceo, coo, potus, head coach, etc.) doing their core job or dilly dallying on social media?

• Facepalm 2

On 11/28/2022 at 10:08 PM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

That is weak and lame in my opinion. 

Lane is given full control but we have to hand cuff and babystep our new guy. 

I think Saban banned Kiffin from using social media and maybe interacting with the media. 

26 minutes ago, cptau said:

I think Saban banned Kiffin from using social media and maybe interacting with the media. 

Saban bans all of his staff from interacting with the media.  Remember when we used to laugh and call him a nazi dictator because he wouldn’t allow his coaches to speak to journalists or take interviews?  Then we saw what happened when Tubs let his OC speak in an interview and we quickly decided it wasn’t such a bad policy, especially when Tubs sent his OC packing mid-season.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, woodford said:

The things people feel free to say sitting behind a keyboard. This was lame and completely out of line. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

The things people feel free to say sitting behind a keyboard. This was lame and completely out of line. 

You're right. I was out of line. I should have just stolen millions of dollars from Auburn University, wasted 2 years of the lives of everyone involved in the football program, been totally incompetent at my job, and flat out refusing to do certain aspects of the job I was hired to do (recruiting).

Would that have been better?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

You're right. I was out of line. I should have just stolen millions of dollars from Auburn University, wasted 2 years of the lives of everyone involved in the football program, been totally incompetent at my job, and flat out refusing to do certain aspects of the job I was hired to do (recruiting).

It would have been a more fair assessment than to include the whole family. I think that’s what he’s saying. They are gone. Time to move forward. 

Smh. Talk about the previous coach's family as if they are nothing to now already hyping up the new coach's family as if they are saints when in reality people don't personally know either frankly.

Pretty pathetic to go at a man's daughter, and on top of that have the audacity to lecture other people on being a good Christian to put a cherry on top....

• Like 8

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Smh. Talk about the previous coach's family as if they are nothing to now already hyping up the new coach's family as if they are saints when in reality people don't personally know either frankly.

Pretty pathetic to go at a man's daughter, and on top of that have the audacity to lecture other people on being a good Christian to put a cherry on top....

BOOM!

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yep that drove me crazy and it still happening. I got into major fights with prominent posters about attacking a man’s family, wife and daughter included. Keep it about the coach. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

You are correct he did not have a show cause but under SEC rules and coach involved or terminated for NCAA violations  and he was charged with failure to oversee the program, require the President of the University to meet with commissioner and explain precautions in place to prevent another episode. Again SEC and AU football are big money not only effecting the team but the university,conference ,ESPN,local businesses and student and teachers. They all need to be protected from an individual that can bring financial harm upon them. That why the rule is there. No Auburn is not going to humiliate an employee by telling you they required him to oversight of his social media , but believe me they do and should . Same with Pearl or any other coach or employee in the leadership position  of the program   🤔

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

4 hours ago, woodford said:

Definitely!!

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You are correct he did not have a show cause but under SEC rules and coach involved or terminated for NCAA violations  and he was charged with failure to oversee the program, require the President of the University to meet with commissioner and explain precautions in place to prevent another episode. Again SEC and AU football are big money not only effecting the team but the university,conference ,ESPN,local businesses and student and teachers. They all need to be protected from an individual that can bring financial harm upon them. That why the rule is there. No Auburn is not going to humiliate an employee by telling you they required him to oversight of his social media , but believe me they do and should . Same with Pearl or any other coach or employee in the leadership position  of the program   🤔

and more misinformation being debunked.  No reason for him to lie since he admitted to the other more serious issues.

Hugh Freeze denies former Briarcrest female students’ accusations of inappropriate behavior.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/hugh-freeze-denies-former-briarcrest-female-students-accusations-inappropriate-behavior/amp/

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Facepalm 1