2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

25 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Looks like Florida is going to be searching for a QB too. It's gonna really, REALLY hurt if they can get McCall (don't they offer his major and we don't?).

That would be a punch in the nuts

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Looks like Florida is going to be searching for a QB too. It's gonna really, REALLY hurt if they can get McCall (don't they offer his major and we don't?).

I thought they signed a transfer from Wisconsin 

33 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I thought they signed a transfer from Wisconsin 

He apparently stunk up the swamp last night, and that's pretty hard to do.

Thanks for adding the tracker link and pinning!

@bigbird or @ellitor

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

Where’s all my posts from this morning.

How many transfers might Auburn target this spring?

Auburn is looking at 6-8 spring transfer portal additions, plus or minus some on either side. Of course, this number is fluid based on two things: Auburn actually finding the right fits at the right positions (meaning not taking a player just to take a player), and current players leaving the program matching up with what Hugh Freeze and Co. expect.

Quarterback, safety, cornerback, jack/defensive end/rush end, and a “few” offensive linemen are all positions Freeze has specifically mentioned as positions of need during the spring window.

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Where’s all my posts from this morning.

Football forum since that's where info on players on the team should be, This thread is for players we are looking to bring in.

Just now, ellitor said:

Football forum since that's where info on players on the team should be, This thread is for players we are looking to bring in.

These posts both show in and out with live trackers!

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

When I asked they weren’t showing up yet. Sorry 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

When I asked they weren’t showing up yet. Sorry 

No worries. I should have let you know beforehand that I was going to do that.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No worries. I should have let you know beforehand that I was going to do that.

No worries man.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

He apparently stunk up the swamp last night, and that's pretty hard to do.

Hence why I’m concerned they’ll land Mullet King.

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Hence why I’m concerned they’ll land Mullet King.

Lol.

Florida also wanted McCall in the first window and couldn't make it happen. Hence why they took Mertz from Wisconsin.

The McCall stuff is just unfounded wishful thinking based off of next to nothing. No offense, but find something more tangible to be concerned about. Fun fact: Coastal Carolina's new HC Tim Beck is a former QB coach; he was the OC/QB coach at NC State (Devin Leary's QB coach) and prior to that coached at Texas and Ohio State. By all indications, McCall likes the new HC. He's done nothing to give any indication that he's leaving.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, metafour said:

Lol.

Florida also wanted McCall in the first window and couldn't make it happen. Hence why they took Mertz from Wisconsin.

The McCall stuff is just unfounded wishful thinking based off of next to nothing. No offense, but find something more tangible to be concerned about. Fun fact: Coastal Carolina's new HC Tim Beck is a former QB coach; he was the OC/QB coach at NC State (Devin Leary's QB coach) and prior to that coached at Texas and Ohio State. By all indications, McCall likes the new HC. He's done nothing to give any indication that he's leaving.

I figured for us it was. But if we can't have him, good to know the Jorts can't either.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, metafour said:

Lol.

image.thumb.jpeg.b8f5257c4418531625e67fd87b87c05f.jpeg

• Haha 2

Stupid SEC rules

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Stupid SEC rules

Help me out.  Missing the SEC rules comment you are referencing. 

Texas fans are saying Maalik Murphey is outplaying Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning in the spring game.  That's going to be an interesting situation. A good QB is very likely to be hitting the transfer portal.  Hope it's Maalik. I'd love to have him. That idiot Sarkisian seems determined to have Ewers as his starter again next year.

• Like 1

Just now, Cardin Drake said:

Texas fans are saying Maalik Murphey is outplaying Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning in the spring game.  That's going to be an interesting situation. A good QB is very likely to be hitting the transfer portal.  Hope it's Maalik. I'd love to have him. That idiot Sarkisian seems determined to have Ewers as his starter again next year.

Maalik would be a awesome 

• Like 1