December Recruiting Update [12/5/2022]

Zeek

4 minutes ago, CR said:

A supposedly 4 star Edge from Louisiana whose other SEC offer was Missouri. Never added up.

He is a tweener that needs to grow into a more traditional DE

21 hours ago, Zeek said:

Ā We are very aggressively recruiting and coach Freeze is playing the game with more blurred rules than some former coaches.

šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

Edited by Potatooooooes!!

7 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Just looking at 247:

There is less than two weeks left before early signing?

We are dead last in the conference?

We are ranked 57th in the nation?

Is all of that correct?

Sadly, yes.Ā 

Freeze has a lot of work to do to start rebuilding what Harsin basically destroyedā€¦.but that is what happens when you fail to recruit. Ā 

• Sad 1

Marcel Reed will be on campus for an OV this weekend. Ā Heā€™s a 4* QB committed to Ole Miss. Ā Both us and Texas A&M are after him but Auburn appears to have the upper edgeā€¦.someone said he has a relationship already with Freeze, and he loves the offense he runs. Ā 

Also Andrew Bone was reporting that Saban shut down Mitchellā€™s OV to Auburn, but apparently heā€™s in Auburn for his OV šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Also, if you want to get even more mad about Harsinā€™s recruitingā€¦.Iā€™m also pretty sure we need linebackers. Ā This kidā€™s coach is Jeris McIntyre and I was listening to a podcast he did about Auburn recruiting him and how basically they didnā€™t until it was too late and heā€™s not sure there is enough time to get back in with him. Ā Harsin just never built any kind of relationship with him. Ā šŸ¤¬

Apparently this is a great, hard working, highly talented kid according to McIntyre. Ā  And Harsin let Ted freaking Roof get him. Ā 

https://247sports.com/player/lewis-carter-46086645/

Edited by AEAugirl

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Just looking at 247:

Is all of that correct?

Was it correct before BH was fired? Were you impressed with his recruiting prowess? I feel like we were probably 10 or 20 spots better in the rankings, but we aren't done yet. I know you detest the hire, but this is your weakest argument.Ā 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Also Andrew Bone was reporting that Saban shut down Mitchellā€™s OV to Auburn, but apparently heā€™s in Auburn for his OV šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

I've never understood this. Hey, if you go on another OV (especially to AU) I'll pull your offer. Okay, I'm rated #4 at my position, I'll be okay.

1 minute ago, PikesEagle said:

I've never understood this. Hey, if you go on another OV (especially to AU) I'll pull your offer. Okay, I'm rated #4 at my position, I'll be okay.

Well used to they could prob threaten the kid wouldnā€™t get his promised charger from Gadsden Chrysler dodge and jeep. Ā  That doesnā€™t matter anymore with NIL. Ā 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Just looking at 247:

Is all of that correct?

I just went to On3 rankings and after the recent decommits, we are 38th in the nation and 13th of the 14 SEC schools.Ā 

Rivals had us at 34th in the nation and 11th in the SEC yesterday but I didn't look if they had figured in our recent decommits.

From what all I've read and heard, that should be changing for the better if we sign the guys we're targeting very hard this week. WDE

14 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

Was it correct before BH was fired? Were you impressed with his recruiting prowess? I feel like we were probably 10 or 20 spots better in the rankings, but we aren't done yet. I know you detest the hire, but this is your weakest argument.Ā 

Hardly.Ā  I don't expect HF to perform miracles.Ā  Nice attempt at mind reading.

This is where we stand now.Ā  Let's see what HF can do.

Ā 

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Hardly.Ā  I don't expect HF to perform miracles.Ā  Nice attempt at mind reading.

This is where we stand now.Ā  Let's see what HF can do.

Ā 

I totally agree. Let's see. I wasn't a great fan of the hire either. But I'm willing to wait and see what happens. Without constant negativity. And you seem to know everything about what the HCis going to do or not do, so I just assumed you had mind reading skills. You might be right. Who knows at this point?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

And you seem to know everything about what the HCis going to do or not do, so I just assumed you had mind reading skills.

Try not to be a liar.Ā  I haven't said much since the hire was announced.

36 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Try not to be a liar.Ā  I haven't said much since the hire was announced.

Whatever. I may have mistaken you for another poster with your user name. But the other guy is really negative.

Ā 

• Like 2

• Zeek unpinned this topic